<

PL | Tottenham vs Arsenal | 30th April 16:30 (GMT)

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by Aevi, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What will the result of the match be?

Poll closed May 1, 2017.
  1. Arsenal win

37.3%
  2. Draw

24.1%
  3. Sp*rs Win, yaaawn !!

38.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

2. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

had we started?

YeahBee likes this.
  3. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

Bob,,,,,,, you're taking the P.

4. Deathstroke

Deathstroke The Terminator

Look, uhh, the protests by the fans as well made the team lose confidence and play a little bit with the handbrake on, leading to the loss. These people are fair-weather fans ready to criticise the team even before the season has started; they are a disgrace and the real reason the club is being held back.

I think what is important is to keep a sense of perspective; we are 6th out of 92 clubs. Under Wenger, we have never dropped out of the top 4 6, and have always had Champions League European football for 21 years. We are not as rich as the oil clubs and cannot afford to spend money on top players, even though we donate PL level careers & millions in wages to Make-A-Wish Foundation graduates and 200-year-old walking dead.

In the table, we are exactly where we should be based on what we spend. Leicester winning the title last year was a fluke, as are Tottenham's title challenges this year and last with a squad that costs far less than ours... OMG LOOK OIL CLUBS UNDERACHIEVING AFTER SPENDING OVER THE TOP LULZ! People whinging about spending money should look at the collapse of Portsmouth, Leeds, Leyton Orient or any other random irrelevant example to understand what could happen, instead of moaning.

We were a small Conference-level club without a history before Wenger took over and made us into global powerhouses. Be grateful that he dragged us like Baahubali into the modern era, coaching the players while simultaneously building a shiny new stadium brick by brick with his bare hands. ROFL at the people talking about a 'crisis' and taking everything so seriously; it's just a game!

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Rumour, notafan, neimad and 8 others like this.
  5. Ashybashy86

Ashybashy86 Well-Known Member

Careful. There are still Wenger apologists that will actually take your post seriously. :lol:

6. Deathstroke

Wink 1.gif

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  7. Ewarwoowar

Ewarwoowar Well-Known Member

I am with you on all that, but I do think the players should be tested for pdd's not 'Pdiddy's' cos that would be a bum rap,,,, groan:oops:

8. Kroket

Kroket Trusty and Sensible Trusted

Disappointed by the lack of 'look uhh' but top post otherwise.

Deathstroke likes this.
  9. BobP

BobP Memri Fan

You watch the game and you're left dumbfounded by the amount of times our players lost possession of the ball.

Then again, it's not surprising when you consider that our manager doesn't abide by the basic principles of positional play, with there being a complete lack of connections between players on the field.

Literally our defense is left stranded by the midfield, forced into making long, risky passes which are easily picked off. When in possession of the ball in the attacking half/third, the delegation of roles between the midfield group is so poor that they basically stand narrowly clumped together or in a straight line, which acts as a serious impediment to positive ball movement. No wonder we look so labored in our possession play.

It's so clear that there is a complete lack of instruction in such key aspects of our game.

Passing lanes are easily closed down whereupon the player who has received the ball becomes a sitting duck, something which we saw plenty of times in this game.

Rumour, Deathstroke and Kroket like this.
  10. Lookin' for a new Baby

Lookin' for a new Baby New name pending...

I've totally given up on the league now, don't care who plays or where we finish. Actually, I hope we're not in the EL, that's all.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  11. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

the worst bit of all is when players like Özil and sanchez simply kick the ball against an opposition player because there's no other forwrd options except to try and do the impossible by just getting it past a defender

i'm not condoning it mind but they look like sixth-form footballers by that point and that is down to Wenger

look at how other teams come forward so quickly compared to us - we slow everything down as we approach their box, allowing them to organise - this is down to Wenger and slow players like Giroud

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Deathstroke likes this.
  12. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

it's almost the final bad thing about the season - WBA cannot catch us, so we're doomed to scrape into Europa league when what we need is to not be in anything like Liverpuddle and Chelsea before they had good seasons

13. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Having no European football is overstated. Liverpool aren't in Europe in this season and they're probably going to miss top 4, United weren't in it in Van Gaal's first season and were nowhere close to winning the league. Having a week between matches would be meaningless without the right players/training.

14. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

IKR, but i just don't want to see us enter a pointless league only to be beaten 8-0 by FC Bungleslav

15. Deathstroke

Thank you for your interest in our affairs.

Kroket likes this.
  16. karl

karl Well-Known Member

This is the problem and we should send in the reserves when this league begins in a few weeks time.

I'm not sure the amount of games played is a problem if you are always winning. Teams in the late eighties played many more games with only one substitute. Teams that lose are just looking for excuses.

17. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

I'm not concerned about playing in EL next season. I'm concerned about who will be managing us!

Natnat likes this.
  18. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

absolutely we might even win a few games that way :)

19. YeahBee

YeahBee Terrible hot takes

Just a game? **** off

Leicester wasn't a fluke

sometimes "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts"

and a good tactician matters

I am grateful he dragged us into the modern era I am,

But Wenger can obviously not handle the post-modern era that we are in.

20. mm76

mm76 Yer Da

he was, like, joking....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.