• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Brom vs Arsenal | Saturday January 2nd | KO: 20:00 | BT Sport

MOTM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyres7

WBA played differently vs Leeds than vs Liverpool. First half against Liverpool they had a flat 6 backline with 4 in midfield. Grant was nowhere near the halfway line.

Against Leeds they tried to play more openly, and got totally murdered. There is zero chance they will play like that against us.
Exactly, we've struggled against low blocks all season, can't believe that people think this will be an easy game. Unless we score early it's gonna be a cagey, frustrating game again.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Willian and Luiz are fit now. It will be interesting to see if they start.
No chance.

Maybe Luiz, but Willian I can't see it unless the Saka knock is serious - which it isn't.

Luiz it feels like he's being phased out a bit not gonna lie.

sdotzdot

Established Member
We have to be very careful with youngsters. Burning them out with non stop games can lead to their form seriously crashing and when that happens to a youngster it can take months to get back into the groove. I say rest Saka if he’s picked up a knock, even if it’s minor.

Reactions: A_G

Gunner-Union

We should push for an early goal
As IMO they will crumble if they concede early. They will have 10 behind the ball but an early goal will dwindle whatever spirit/morale they have left.

so expect us to concede early get a player sent off and lose 1-0

Jack_the_boy

Definitely Not Manberg
Early goals sometimes have the effect of making a team think it’s easy then you’re unable to get another, and things then get hairy in second halves. Allardyce’s teams often do that.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No chance.

Maybe Luiz, but Willian I can't see it unless the Saka knock is serious - which it isn't.

Luiz it feels like he's being phased out a bit not gonna lie.
If Saka is injured its **** to bring in Willian. Everything that has made us successful the last couple games is everything he doesnt have. He doesn't run beyond defenders, doesnt have pace, energy, can score goals etc. Pepe should get the nod from Arteta if Saka is out.

I'll be really angry if not. For me until Wilian somehow dtrastically improves he should only be used a number 10. He is utterly useless out wide.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Agree about pepe even tho him against deep defensive team is useless but still better than Willian about Chambers I don't think he in manager plan so i think he'll start Luiz
Pepe can at least maybe score a worldie or produce a key dribble against a parked bus.

Willian is going to pass it sideways and be part of the problem.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

If Saka is injured its **** to bring in Willian. Everything that has made us successful the last couple games is everything he doesnt have. He doesn't run beyond defenders, doesnt have pace, energy, can score goals etc. Pepe should get the nod from Arteta if Saka is out.

I'll be really angry if not. For me until Wilian somehow dtrastically improves he should only be used a number 10. He is utterly useless out wide.
Pretty sure we won’t be seeing much Pepe this season going forward tbh.

Bar an injury crisis that guy is finito.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
not a bad game to give Willian another go... should be fine they gave Leeds 75% possession

doubt we can just cast him aside on those wages & a 3 year deal

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Unless we score early, this will probably be a very edgy game. They'll sit deep and hope for a set piece. We'll faff about and pass sideways till the grass grows taller...

God help us if they score first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom