• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 05/11/06

Canuck

Established Member
The demotion tool is not there to threaten or browbeat members into line.
When discussing topics, peoples personal opinions are relevant. These opinions (on both sides) can be brought up in discussion, though not in any derisive manner or personally insulting attacks.

sabret00the

Established Member
Canuck said:
The demotion tool is not there to threaten or browbeat members into line.
When discussing topics, peoples personal opinions are relevant. These opinions (on both sides) can be brought up in discussion, though not in any derisive manner or personally insulting attacks.
sometimes members need to be shown a clear line between adding to the community (i.e. being a "Forum Member") and being an asshat, the above post is of the latter and barely suitable for the dump let alone Arsenal Talk where civilised conversation are supposed to be abound. but hey, lesson learned. i will refrain from such posts in future.

Alfonso

Established Member
Guys, lets move on from this game. We lost, we played poorly,Henry played **** and Wenger became the new Mike Tyson over night, but what is done is done.

Bring on the Merseyside teams.

sabret00the

Established Member
Alfonso said:
Guys, lets move on from this game. We lost, we played poorly,Henry played s**t and Wenger became the new Mike Tyson over night, but what is done is done.

The discussion has moved on, it's now moved on to our most dangerous player.

sabret00the

Established Member
Canuck said:
Who is hands down Jens.
I wouldn't get within arms length of him...:wink:
he'll do you with his feet.

jokes aside, it's actually a discussion that warrants it's own thread, it's a pity we can't just split the relevant posts here, off into into a new thread.

Canuck

Established Member
you forgot to do the *subtle hint* ...
Actually looking back there are the posts to warrant a new thread, though I'm wary of splitting the topic since there's still some fall-out from the West Ham match to be played out...

Alfonso

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Alfonso said:
Guys, lets move on from this game. We lost, we played poorly,Henry played s**t and Wenger became the new Mike Tyson over night, but what is done is done.

The discussion has moved on, it's now moved on to our most dangerous player.

But it has been discussed to death in the other thread.The one where i said he was ****e on one on ones.

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... c&start=30

sabret00the

Established Member
Canuck said:
you forgot to do the *subtle hint* ...
Actually looking back there are the posts to warrant a new thread, though I'm wary of splitting the topic since there's still some fall-out from the West Ham match to be played out...
lol *hint, hint, nudge nudge* :p

@Alfonso, this one differs. it's indeed a very different conversation.

nidza7

Established Member
Watching this match I begin to think how we lack
hungry fighting motherfucking non-stop running and tackling midfielders. :roll:

JazzG

Established Member
Regarding Fabregas and sherringham, when I saw the replay it looked like sherry poked Fabregas in the stomach and then he reacted. I think he was trying to wind him up and he succeeded but nothing wrong with having a bit of fire in your belly, as long as it doesn't affect your performances. Sherry is a ****ing **** and a wind up merchant against us anyways and Fabregas is still young so these things can happen.

Anyways it is only one game and we have to move on, we have a very hard match against Liverpool and they are back in form so we have to make sure we are well up for that match.

patrick42uk said:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=17220

not sure if this has been posted but these look like pretty insightful quotes if true.

When was the last time you have heard Arsène Wenger say for ****s sake in an interview? Also considering which site it is I doubt those quotes are true

Alfonso

Established Member
If Arsenal dont give West Ham a thrasing on April 7th in the Emirates then something is serioulsy wrong at the club.Arsenal have so many grudge matches now: Chelsea, Sp**s, Man Utd, Bolton, and now West Ham. Anyone else im missing out? Everton?

I dont know if having more grudges is a good or bad thing. Could work both ways. Anyway im going to add West Ham to my black list.

Dennis10

Alfonso said:
I dont know if having more grudges is a good or bad thing. Could work both ways. Anyway im going to add West Ham to my black list.

I've had them on my black list since they had Ken Moncur. He really knew how to agitate Vieira, and I always hated players doing that.

Alfonso

Established Member
Dennis10 said:
Alfonso said:

I've had them on my black list since they had Ken Moncur. He really knew how to agitate Vieira, and I always hated players doing that.

If only if we still had Vieria and Bergkamp to spit and elbow the West Spam players..:) At least Fabregas continued the Arsenal tradition of assualting West Spam players. More the merrier in my book. An eye for a eye.

A few people on here were saying they were feeling sorry for Pardrew, when he was going through a bad patch, i bet they wished they never felt sorry for him now! I never felt sorry for Pardrew, the xenophobic bastard! Mind you, i guess he is the right manager for the club, as they have loads of racist and ****ish supporters.

Football is dog eat dog. No room for sympathy, especially with ****s like Pardrew! He is also a sly bastard as well! Sorry Wenger my arse! Wenger should have knocked him out!! :lol:

Anyway, all i know is West Ham's season is already over. So they can celebrate as much as they want about Sunday's result!

End of rant.

Please excuse my French.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
sabret00the,
When you are a star player you will get balls sometimes even when you are in a bad position.But thats why you are the star player. It happens with Ronaldinho, the jordans of basket, the Owens of football. And it happens for a simple reason. They are the best equiped to deliver in tight situations. The same goes to Henry. Henry consistently creates chances for himself/others..even while playing upfront alone. You think Ade/Rvp can do better.you must be smoking. Those people put together still don't have a football brain of Henry. How many offsides did Ade get when he came in? How often does RvP manage to separate himself from his marker and create that two inch space to receive the ball?

vanderguy

SABRET
i'm going to recommend you for demotion, your last few posts that i've observed have been only to talk about the poster (mainly me), if the motion carries i'm sure someone will promote you back up once you learn to talk about the actual subject matter or debate at hand.

Threatening me with demotion, just shows how desperate you are in hiding your dirty old secret (HENRY HATER), you cant stop me from speaking the truth, many people including me have come to the conclusion that you always let your tinted bias glasses take control of your views. Always complaining that henry recieves too much of the ball and respect,but ask yourself does he deserve the respect he gets :wink: ,Which i am sure your tinted bias glasses will come into play with the answer NO :roll:

Christofaux

If the above is true why is he not allowed to be a henry hater but you allowed to be a henry lover?

Just because of the players status doesnt make them different from your opinions on 'liking' players.

Henry is losing his grip on being the best striker, he needs to go for goal, thats what we need from a 1, if you hold it up hold it up and make smart choices else turn and go for goal. If we are not willing to sub Henry then we shouldnt be playing 4-5-1, as we need the '1' to be on top of their game. If the 1 isnt making an impact we need to get someone on that will. Now against west ham he was the most threatening going forward but he should use that, step up and go for goal not give it to people who seem to be waisting opportunities, get the goal first before going for the fancy finishing.

Dennis10

Mbaki Mutahaba said:
You are allowed to be a hater but pls don't waste our time if your arguments are not objective.

Do you expect the arguments on a football forum to be objective? That sounds really boring.

By the way, why are people allowing a good discussion to collapse into personal downtalking (if that's a word)?

Henry is our best and most talented player, but he's deserved that title due to his incredible consistency and his raw ability. Last season he got a lot of critique for being a poor captain, but he eventually got his act together, and we all thought it was because he had decided to remain a gooner. Now he's not on top of his game once again, and we start asking questions. Okey, he is our top goalscorer and he has delivered some great performances this year, but we have missed those great contributions a full-bred captain makes when his teammates are struggling. I honestly can't see how any striker with the style of play Henry has can be capable of performing miracles when the midfield isn't pulling their weight, but it's just what many expect from a captain.

Henry himself has said he's a different kind of captain than Vieira and Adams. Of course he is. Arsenal hasn't thrived playing physical opponents since Wenger got here, but we had Vieira and before him Adams to show the rest how you pay them back. Henry can't be expected to this to any degree, and even worse, hereally can't help getting isolated when we're losing the battle at midfield. Especially in a 4-5-1 formation with one winger only playing inwards (Hleb) and the other pretty much uncomfortable. Which brings me to my next point.

Henry needs a partnership. He was made into the striker he is today playing next to the most brilliant passer to ever grace the premiership. Bergkamp imediately realized that he himself would be a much more dangerous player if he took advantage of Henry's pace and finishing abilities. I've always been certain that Henry would pull back to a similar position, but as I'm sure most people in here and Henry himself thinks, he hasn't reached that point of his career yet. Instead we have a player who when given freedom already is close to world class. Robin van Persie contributes every single game for Holland, and as it seems more and more unlikely that there's something negativities between him and Henry, I want them to partner up soon. 4-5-1 may still work well in some matches, but there's only one thing that can damage our offensive play more than a midfield being run over, and that's a frustrated and isolated Henry who receives the attention of both centre backs through the entire game.

In addition to RvP, we have Baptista, Adebayor and Aliadiere who all may provide Henry with enough assistance and space. I'm not sure if it's this simple, but I AM sure that Wenger knows more about playing 4-4-2 than 4-5-1, and so does Henry.

Biggus

Established Member
Alfonso said:
.Arsenal have so many grudge matches now: Chelsea, Sp**s, Man Utd, Bolton, and now West Ham. Anyone else im missing out? Everton?

Its great Alfonso, it adds extra spice to a league clash.....In these games I would ask that our captain doesn't go off with his arm around the oppositions most hated player...It hurts our feelings as supporters and does nothing for the gravity of the situation. :( .....errr if we lose- but if we win, whooop it up pat cashley on the head, whisper false condolences into Christiano's ear and maybe something else into Diouf's. :D

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom