• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 05/11/06

sabret00the

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
sabret00the,
When you are a star player you will get balls sometimes even when you are in a bad position.But thats why you are the star player. It happens with Ronaldinho, the jordans of basket, the Owens of football. And it happens for a simple reason. They are the best equiped to deliver in tight situations. The same goes to Henry. Henry consistently creates chances for himself/others..even while playing upfront alone. You think Ade/Rvp can do better.you must be smoking. Those people put together still don't have a football brain of Henry. How many offsides did Ade get when he came in? How often does RvP manage to separate himself from his marker and create that two inch space to receive the ball?
Let's not go into offside counts, everyone knows that sometimes it's just luck and talking about making space to receive a ball, at the hight of van Persie's scoring game for us, he want constantly request the ball in the tightest nook and crannies and seldom receive it. not because he couldn't work with the ball in such a small space but because his team mates didn't/couldn't understand it. of course, when you have a world superstar like henry, how to play for him is just one of those things you know, well if you watch football. so while you talk about objectivity, where is yours? your whole post is based less on football and more on catering towards henry in a team build around henry. my original argument still stands that there will never be more dangerous at arsenal while henry's here. not because he's the most dangerous, but because of his status. because as we can see right now, passing him the ball at the moment is a ludicrous idea as a fall back plan given his vein of form. i dunno how you were taught to play team games but i was taught to take in all the factors and form is a fact of danger and form is one thing henry doesn't have at the moment.

i've been very objective in my arguments thank you very much. i'd in fact argue that while i've done that, too many have come wading in this thread talking about bias instead of dealing with the points raised. who's the question of objectivity over now?

RockyRocastle

Established Member
Anyone see our fans being interviewed about Wenger and Pardew on SSN?

****ing hell, wrong uns every one of them. We dont half attract some nutters to support us.

Allyboy

Established Member
Thats what happens when you interview the travel club members mate, when I used to use them there was at the start some good lads on the trips but as time went by it just seemed to be more and more people who seem to think they were off to Butlins!

I now use it sparingly, will probably only use it for any northern trips where the train tracks are being dug up!

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
sabret00the,
When you are a star player you will get balls sometimes even when you are in a bad position.But thats why you are the star player. It happens with Ronaldinho, the jordans of basket, the Owens of football. And it happens for a simple reason. They are the best equiped to deliver in tight situations. The same goes to Henry. Henry consistently creates chances for himself/others..even while playing upfront alone. You think Ade/Rvp can do better.you must be smoking. Those people put together still don't have a football brain of Henry. How many offsides did Ade get when he came in? How often does RvP manage to separate himself from his marker and create that two inch space to receive the ball?
Let's not go into offside counts, everyone knows that sometimes it's just luck and talking about making space to receive a ball, at the hight of van Persie's scoring game for us, he want constantly request the ball in the tightest nook and crannies and seldom receive it. not because he couldn't work with the ball in such a small space but because his team mates didn't/couldn't understand it. of course, when you have a world superstar like henry, how to play for him is just one of those things you know, well if you watch football. so while you talk about objectivity, where is yours? your whole post is based less on football and more on catering towards henry in a team build around henry. my original argument still stands that there will never be more dangerous at arsenal while henry's here. not because he's the most dangerous, but because of his status. because as we can see right now, passing him the ball at the moment is a ludicrous idea as a fall back plan given his vein of form. i dunno how you were taught to play team games but i was taught to take in all the factors and form is a fact of danger and form is one thing henry doesn't have at the moment.

i've been very objective in my arguments thank you very much. i'd in fact argue that while i've done that, too many have come wading in this thread talking about bias instead of dealing with the points raised. who's the question of objectivity over now?

Offsides counts is not about luck..its about timing. You should know that. Some time their runs better than others. Period. Henry is definitely one of them. This is not biased view..its a fact.

You spoke about "form". Well if you are a coach and you primary concern is the "team" then you just don't change your star players cos of "form". Thats another fact that you can prove by going through a list of a lot of big time coaches and how they deal with their star players who are not on top form. You have to be patient with them. They earned that!!! Its not Henry's ass lickin..the same would have applied to any of our star player(including RvP if he ever gets to that level).

The henry in bad form still has 5 goals to his name and a lot of assist. And mind you the assist number would have been much higher if those receiving the assists(including ur boy RvP) were to put away their chances. So why drop a guy who up to this point is more effective off-form then the on-form players. Its just common sense bro. You seem to suggest Henry's status as our star player should be treated diff then how other star players are treated. You watched barca lately and ronaldinho? He has been off-form..but rijkard has persisted with him. You gotta show your faith to your star players man. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. That patience wont' last forever and I believe Wenger will make the change once it has proven the team is being affected badly by the off-form Henry. Of course in your eyes, you think that is the case already.

Biggus

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
Anyone see our fans being interviewed about Wenger and Pardew on SSN?

f****g hell, wrong uns every one of them. We dont half attract some nutters to support us.

The media will always seek out the provocative comment....
If it bleeds it leads as they say. :roll:
So why didn't they ask Claus Jensen and Robin van Persie about their heads?

henry79

Spartan said:

yeah I read the myles plamer article a few days ago and he did say it was a three word sentence and he can not print it on ANR site.

the online gooner is saying the same thing but printed the words, from the footage its not clear what pardew has said but why would wenger get so angry and not speak to the media afterwards. Myles is saying pardew has said something and if he was Arsène wenger he wouldnt have shaken pardew'shand aswell .he also said pardew would get punished by the FA

I could have provided the link to what myles has said but the ANR site is down at the moment

If what pardew has said is true than I think he should be punished for it.

famous no 10

Established Member
USArsenal said:
i thought he said something like "Made in England"....

who to believe, who to believe.. hmmmmm....

That's what I heard too...either way, if he said either comment he should be punished by the F.A..

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom