• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player ratings and post-match discussion vs Fulham

Man of the match was:

• Samir Nasri

Votes: 80 100.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jerome2158

Established Member
strange reading how everyone seems to think arshavin did well.

I'll have to watch the match online or on TV, but where I was sitting, the general consensus was that he was back to his stupid little flicks and tricks to the defense, and taking a minimum of 30 seconds to stand back up every time he went to ground.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
MDGoonah41 said:
Alan Hansen won't be impressed with Nasri's performance.

Glad we won.

Doesn't have a footballing brain. Can't shoot and keeps trying to walk the ball into the net. A better defend than Fulham would never have let him dribble past them. John Terry would have held his waist a flung him out of the ground blah blah blah

est

mistaT said:
Sounds odd but I miss Diaby :shock:

So do I. Not only does he offer physical presence, but he can hold onto the ball and carry it forward when the rest of the midfield has gone AWOL. So useful when we're put under pressure.

I'm sick of seeing Arshavin and Rosicky give the ball away with a needless flick/one touch pass when there's a break on.

Captain

Established Member
Y va marquer said:
So far it's unanimous that Nasri was MOTM - I wonder is there anyone who sees it differently?

Djourou and Fabianski were equally good in my opinion with Sagna just a step below.

In fact, despite what was overall a pretty poor team performance, there were quite a few very good individual performances today.

Shue

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
strange reading how everyone seems to think arshavin did well.

I'll have to watch the match online or on TV, but where I was sitting, the general consensus was that he was back to his stupid little flicks and tricks to the defense, and taking a minimum of 30 seconds to stand back up every time he went to ground.
Arshavin was full of running and looked inventive. He did give the ball away a few times in the final third, but not really in dangerous positions and his interchanging was very nice.

ricky1985

Established Member
First half Arshavin was brilliant. Second half he slacked off a bit, but came to life whenever he got to play off Nasri.

mistaT

Established Member
Yeah Arshavin was quality, people seem to forget that he's an offensive player who is on the pitch to make things happen. If this means he loses the ball high up the pitch occasionally then so be it.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
It would be rude to call Nasri the second coming so... He was immense today and 2 pieces of Brilliance for his goals. Arshavin again quality. Feel like I must give a special mention to Djourou, brilliant when he came on!

Captain

Established Member
It's not that he loses it, it's the completely lax attitude shown in some of his passing. He's not concentrating and taking the game seriously.

asajoseph

Established Member
Am I the only one that saw the horrible Fabianski flap in the second half?

Nasri MOTM, but Djourou and both fullbacks were good too. Arshavin brilliant for the first 30 minutes, dropped a fair bit after that though.

Jack I thought got about things pretty well too - nobody seems to have mentioned him at all.

yuvken

Established Member
asajoseph said:
No, some of us mentioned (I know I did, I think Ricky and some others). People also mentioned Jack, normally less happy than yourself.

asajoseph

Established Member
The main disappointments for me were Song, Rosicky and Chamakh.

Rosicky looks busy, but seems to contribute **** all most of the time.
Song was the sloppiest he's been for ages, and that's saying something. Thought he was one of the few players who thought to put some pressure on in the last 10 when we were hanging on though.
Chamakh just blunt today.

ricky1985

Established Member
Captain said:
It's not that he loses it, it's the completely lax attitude shown in some of his passing. He's not concentrating and taking the game seriously.
That is especially frustrating when you see what he can achieve when applies himself fully.

arsmile

Established Member
fab-8
sagna-8
squid-7
kos-6
clichy-8
song-5
wilshere-6
rosicky-6
nasri-10
arshavin-8
cham-7
djourou-8
robin-6
theo-5

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Nasri man of the match by a country mile, of course, but Arshavin was great as well. Sagna and Clichy were quite impressive and Fabianski did relatively well too.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
asajoseph said:
Flap? What flap?

t10neuralizer.jpg

justinmitchell

Fabianski 7.5
Sagna 7
Kos 5.5 liability
Clichy 6.5
Song 4.5 what the hell was he doing out there?
Jack 6 solid
Nasri 9 awesome!!!!
Roz 7 solid
AA 7.5 threatening
Chamakh 6.5 really could have done better at times especially against hangeland

RVP 6.5
DJ 8 great
Walcott 6 got to Pass the ****ing ball!

Midfield and defense apart from djourou was awful. Clichy back to his clueless best. He played ok but almost did a clichy at times in the 2nd
Song wow. No disciple, no clue! What the **** was he doing all game?

Scrappy win and well played nasri.
I'm looking forward to the rosicky-wilshere-ramsey midfield next season :)

Anzac

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Well, duh. Of course you're going to play a high line when you spend most of your time on the opponent's half. What else would you have them do? Leave a couple of acres of space between the midfield and the defence?

Well duh, I'd expect them to get the f*cking defensive patterns sorted if we are going to play a high line without pace in the CBs; the FBs constntly looking to join the attack; & a playmaker as deepest CM.

Further to this IMO we continue to play the high line to accomodate AW's wanting to have a playmaker as our deepest CM, which would be more difficult as they'd have more defensive duties with a deeeper line.

As far as I can tell AW has changed f*ck all since the cracks started appearing this season.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom