• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

hesham

Established Member
Thought we might do one of these since it hasnt been ddone in a while.

Almunia - 7 - Didnt have much to do, looked a bit shakey on crosses though

Hoyte - 5 - wasnt impressed at all. looked lost at times and positioning was really bad, not ready for 1st team action.

Dj - 8 - Good game.. looks like he can fill in well till Senderos gets back

Kolo - 8 - Also good game, becoming a real leader for the back line

Eboue - 6 - Doesnt look match fit to me, not his usually sharp self and his pace isnt as good as last season, although didnt do to much wrong

Gilberto - 8 - Played really well, broke up play well, and his passing was OK

CesC - 9 - MOTM Great performance, improving GREATLY all the time, said he'd add goals to his game this season and he's started of really well.

Hleb - 8.5 - Great game.. Typical penetrating runs and great setup for RvP

Rosicky - 7.5 - Nice Debut, TH14 is gona love his 1-2 passing really looking forward to see how them 2 link up

RvP - 8 - Took his goal really well, was abit up and down in this game but his link up play has improved so much from last season

Ade - 7 - OK game, his 1st touch sometimes is just so erratic some times great sometimes piss poor, linked up well with RvP

Cant be arsed with subs

Savaloisav

Hleb was dissapointing in the first half creating nothing.....Adebayor had a decent game all round....so erm....explain please

Savaloisav

althought i must say hleb was good in the second part of the second half when the game opened up a little more

rob

i thought ade lead the line very well always linking the play creating space for fab and rosicky, fabregas value must have soared after that game and rvp reminded me of bergkamp even though there is along way to go before he is at that level

venga_knows

Hello everybody, this is my first post on this forum!! Must say that it is definately the best I have seen on the web - serious discussion instead of pointless bickering.

My ratings for the game:

ALMUNIA - 7 fair game: +good saves (did not spill the ball), -unconvincing on crosses
EBOUE - 7 okay, looks short and therefore the major part of his game, pace and penetrating runs did not feature
TOURE - 8 did well with a very inexperienced partner against good opposition
DJOUROU - 8 impressed along with toure, very promising
HOYTE - 6 not bad, but clearly the weakest player on the Arsenal side, not naturally left sided tho
HLEB - 8 dynamic performance, adds so much penetration to this team
FABREGAS - 9.5 brilliant, motm, looks a yard or two quicker than he was, big season ahead for him.
GILBERTO - 8 typical display, lots of important work done, seems to thrive on captain's duties
ROSICKY - 8 fantastic, looks to be perfect for arsenal, showed good strength
ADEBAYOR - 7 started well then faded worryingly, good link up play tho, needs to work on his play inside the box
VAN PERSIE - 8 good game, looks a more complete player after his world cup outing, hugely promising display

referee - 9 went largely unnoticed and let the game be played

was pleased to see a positive game from both sides. well done to the zagreb fans and players for enhancing the game.

hesham

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
Hleb was dissapointing in the first half creating nothing.....Adebayor had a decent game all round....so erm....explain please

Hleb did fine in the 1st half, kept possesion well.. The whole first half was basically trying to keep possesion and wear down the opposition, in the 2nd half he was causing alot of prob. for DZ and had a hand in 2 goals

I gave Ade a 7, dont know about you but to me 7 means a decent performance. Linked up well, but his touch let him down on a number of occasions

Mark

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Eboue - 7
Toure - 7
Djourou - 7
Hoyte - 6
Gilberto - 7
Hleb - 8
Fabregas - 8
Rosicky - 7
V.Persie - 7
Adebayor - 6

Overall, a very sound team display, especially with the match fitness and absentees taken into consideration.

Hoyte was the weak link in defence for me. Not as good on the ball or at distributing it. Also I'd say more of their threat came from down their right.

Hleb and Fabregas were really good, and the midfield in general looked really neat. We've got a brilliant creative 3 in Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky in front of the solid Gilberto. Looking forward to seeing how that works out.

RvP and Adebayor worked well enough upfront and good goal for RvP. I have faith in these two to fill in for Henry...for now anyway.

jay-d

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Eboue - 7
Toure - 7
Djourou - 7.5
Hoyte - 6
Gilberto - 7
Hleb - 8
Fabregas - 8.5
Rosicky - 7
V.Persie - 7.5
Adebayor - 7.5

I thought Djourou apart from a few almost shaky moments was class and the good thing is he has pace to burn so if he slips he always has a chance to rectify it. I thought Ade's first half was immense tired in the second but thats expected this early in the season but he really wore down the Dynamo defence. Fabregas is MINT. IMO he will be the No.1 CM in the world within 2 years. Hleb looked good and I think this will be a big season for him, Rosicky looked a little rusty but the potential is clearly there and there were a few goods touches but I'm not worried about him at all, his class will show, all in all a good game and performance.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Eboue - 6
Djourou - 7
Toure - 7
Hoyte - 5
Hleb - 7.5
Fabregas - 8
Gilberto - 7
Rosicky - 7
RVP - 7
Adebayor - 7

phenn

Cesc - 9

Cesc's dance after scoring his second goal. - not a 9, though very funny.

He's gotten a whole hell of a lot stronger. He basically said "*****, please" to at least one defender on that second goal.

Viper

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5
Eboue - 6
Djourou - 7.5
Toure - 7
Hoyte - 5
Hleb - 7.5
Fabregas - 8
Gilberto - 7
Rosicky - 7
RVP - 7.5
Adebayor - 7

db10_therza

šŸŽµ Edu getting rickrolled šŸŽµ
Trusted ā­

Player:Martinelli
? Adebayor was better thab a 6, at LEAST a 7. Granted he didnt play an active role in any of the goals but his constant movement, presence and pace really got at the defence and without him it would have been a very different result. Gives his all throughout the whole game, in many ways a perfect foil for RVP who excels in spells.

Hoyte was awful. Thank god Gilberto is so disciplined and kept things in check. I was hoping Traore would get a shout at some point. Hoyte obv is better on the right but I feel gilbert is a better prospect there, he played well for cardiff today apparently.

Almunia - 7
Eboue - 6
Djourou - 8
Toure - 7
Hoyte - 5
Hleb - 8 (he played apart in all the goals, how on earth are people not rating him???)
Fabregas - 9
Gilberto - 8
Rosicky - 7
RVP - 7
Adebayor - 7

Swish

Established Member
Saw a highlight video of Arsenal's game against Prague last season earlier tonight after the game.

Dunno if anyone has noticed, but the kid has grown in height and added muscle a lot since then.

He is really coming of age and I feel he will make more of an impact next season.

Give it another season, and I wont be able to see anyone knocking this kid off the ball, as he is growing in confidence, strength and ability.

DC Gunner

Established Member
I could not see the match, but what do people think of how hoyte did ?

Do you think he is a good filler?
is it bad/good enough to fill against stronger sides ?

kym7224

DC Gunner said:
I could not see the match, but what do people think of how hoyte did ?

Do you think he is a good filler?
is it bad/good enough to fill against stronger sides ?

Unfortunately Hoyte was weakest link in our team.

I really afraid how Cesc become.. He is only 19 but already world class and still improving rapidly.

This year his physical get more strong, and today his finishing were very good..

Also he is very intelligent and mentally strong (speak like older than Reyes).

I wonder how much Barca or Real will have to pay for him 5 years later.

Asterix

Established Member
Couldn't watch the game here in Aus. But I must say it's so bloody good to have real football back on again. Another 9 months of bliss.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ā­
Couldn't see it either over here in Canada. So annoying though as I really wanted to see it. At least I'll be back in London by the 14 to see the start of the Premiership and the second leg.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom