• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Dinamo Zagreb vs Arsenal | 08/08/06

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Poor my arse.

One goal, one assist in first competitive club match.

Looked sharp, lively.

Developing his team game.

Bullshit.

My only complaint for him was his shot power - clearly down to his fitness because the kid can WALLOP a football.

otfgoon

Established Member
YuenBiaoFan said:
Poor my arse.

One goal, one assist in first competitive club match.

Looked sharp, lively.

Developing his team game.

Bullshit.

My only complaint for him was his shot power - clearly down to his fitness because the kid can WALLOP a football.

you didnt think he was poor for the first 60 min? Maybe I expect too much from him then. The fitness thing is irrelevant.

Bazza19

almunia- 5 look dodgy just hopw we get another keeper
eboue-6 looked good
djourou-8 looks like a great player
toure-6 looked unfit
hoyte- 5 was terrible on the left
rosicky-6 didnt get into the game
cesc- 9 amazing though poor oppistion
gilberto-7.5 - broke up play well
hleb-7 played well
adebayor-7.7 ran his heart out
persie- 8 wasn't in the game much but scored and set up up one

Drago

Turina - 5 - crap goalkeeper
Ćorluka - 5 - affraid
Nowotny - 6 - played goud, but he is slow
Cvitanović - 5 - guilty for 2 goals
Čale - 5.5 - affraid
Buljat - 6 - tried something on the wing, but we expected more
Modrić - 7 - good
Mamić - 6 - lost in the middle
Etto - 6.5 - good winger, but couldn't do it by himself
Agić - 5.5 - too many wrong passes
Eduardo - 6 - alone frontman, couldn't do more alone

Bazza19

and also the formation turned out a bit like this some parts of the match

...............almunia
eboue...toure...djourou....hoyte
................gilberto
.......cesc...............rosicky
..............hleb
...........adebayor........persie

pg1989

I would give their player Modric at least an 8, he was very impressive and skilful.

Almunia 7
Eboue 6.5
Hoyte 5
Djourou 8.5
Toure 8
Hleb 8.5
Rosicky 7
Fabregas 9.5
Gilberto 8.5
Ade 7.5
RVP 8

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
The reason why Hoyte is being rated badly for those who didn't watch the game: Didn't get on the overlap quickly enough; got sucked in by regulation 1-2's, either got too close or stayed too far, generally looked like he was expecting someone else to do his work for him (toure and gilberto).

As for Hleb losing the ball, ffs, its not like he lost it in our half, (like Eboue did on occasion, he was good enough to win it bak tho) he lost the ball trying to play a penetrating pass right against the dinamo box. And as we saw when he can pull the passes off, we score goals. So which way would you rather have it?

zievad

Cesc was amazing, the rest all performed fairly well except Hoyte. Not for a lack of trying but he was completely out of his depth, looked like a headless chicken when Etto came at him in the opening 20 minutes and DZ lost the game badly because they played Etto as a RWB instead of putting more pressure on the obviously week area in Arsenal's defense, i.e. the LB area.

Even though I do like Rosicky and he looks formidable going forward, I did think he was a little lazy in falling back to help Hoyte? might just be fitness.

Blacks Are Red

Hoyte needs to find his feet again. Think about it people, he was playing with Sunderland last season.......the worst team to ever play in the premier league! His confidence has been battered!

Harding

am i the only one who thought djourou played brilliant? the way he executed that tackle in the 2nd half deserves and 8 in my opinion, considdering that was his 1st champions league start, i was realy impressed with the guy!

GoonerBaby

Fabregas was amazing, so mature for his age. Adebayor looked great, I was suprised by this as last season he didnt look up for it but he r.impressed me in this game, hope he keeps it up. This game shows that he can score goals without henry. we were absolutely superb!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Almunia- 6. Didn't have that many shots to save, but did what he needed to well. Apart from flapping at crosses...

Eboue- 7. Made a great interception in the penalty area, showed good drive to get forward. And when he gave the ball away cheaply, he stormed back to get his tackle in.

Hoyte- 6. Seemed to have a bit of a time of it when defending, but was good on the ball and got forward well.

Cesc- 9. My MOTM. The first goal was brilliant, the second goal was even better. Looks bigger, stronger and, last night, in total control of everything he does.

Toure- 7. Comfortable, a routine night for Kolo really.

Djourou- 8. Thought he was excellent all night. And that tackle in the penalty area was something else.

Rosicky- 7. Kept it simple mainly. Some flashes, but not too much to write home about. Quietly impressive, for me.

Gilberto- 6. Didn't really notice him. Stll not worked out if that's a good sign or not.

van Persie- 9. Seriously impressed by him, more for his general play and assist than the goal. The goal was one we've all seen him score before, the assist was Dennislike.

Adebayor- 7. Unlucky not to score, particularly that right foot fizzer from the edge of the box but he put himself about and linked up well.

Hleb-9. Thought he was our best player of the night. Until Cesc took over. Worked hard, kept the ball well and a lovely assist for Robin. Also thought there were signs of good linkup play with Rosicky.

I won't rate Ali or Flamini, they weren't on long enough.

Jameel46

Established Member
Savaloisav said:
Hleb was dissapointing in the first half creating nothing.....Adebayor had a decent game all round....so erm....explain please

hleb in my opinion played very well throughout the game, if it wasn't for fabregas i'd say he would've been man of the match. adebayor also had a very good game, to be honest all of arsenal's players had a good game.

for dinamo zagreb i'd say that modric was their man of the match, looks like a very good young player.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom