• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal | 21/02/06

mistaz23

Lehman 7 : Not much to do today but was solid nevertheless. He got up high on corners and free kicks and had a couple of good saves...

Eboue 7 : His performance was excellent. He made some excellent runs going forward and was able to come back and stifle virtually all of Robinhos moves on the right. His performance was solid!

Toure 7: What can I say, he was an absolute rock today. COvered very well for eboue and senderos and never let a ball pass by him.

Senderos 6: His best game in an Arsenal shirt this season. He was a bit clumsy at times but was surprisingly solid for the most part. I thought ROnaldo would tear him apart but Senderos stuck to his guns...

Flamini 7: Amazing considering he isnt a Cesc 8: Outstanding! I think this was his best game ever in an arsenal jersey. His passes constantly unlocked the madrid defense and he was composed on the ball. He didnt have a nerve in his body as he dictated our play. He even had a great move that baffled a madrid player towards the end of the game.

Gilberto 6: I hate this ****ing guy. But for his low standards, he had a CRACKER! He was invisible for most of the game. But had some huge interceptions and clearances. I liked that bicycle kick to clear the ball from our box...

Reyes 7: I'm really glad that he made this game. Although he didnt have his best performance, he ate that ***** cicinho up for lunch. I was scared when he was briefly injured and was extremely upset that he got a yellow because we really need him for the second leg...

Hleb 7: He was fantastic. Although he disappeared for spells, he always made something happen with the ball at his feet. He had some great moves and passes (and some bad ones) that almost unlocked madrid. I think that the more games Arsène Gives him, the better he will get. Contrary to popular belief, Hleb CAN and WILL make it here!

Henry 8: Captain fantastic to the rescue! If Henry played with this much passion for half of our games this season, we would be in 3rd place right now :lol:. His goal was brilliant but he scuffed an easy chance that he shouldve at least shot on target... Apart from that he was awesome and did well at the end to waste time...

Viper

Established Member
Lehmann 8 - He made some brilliant saves in the match and never did anything wrong.

Eboue 8 - Awesome display.

Senderos 7 - Had some shakey moments, but I thought his overall display was decent

Toure 9 - Simply brilliant. He won everything in defence

Flamini 6 - He should've stayed back and marked Beckham but you can't blame him as he is a DMF, not a LB.

Ljungberg 8 - His best performance of the season. I also realised he got his quick feet back, or was that Hleb? His finishing was poor though.

Fabregas 10 - World class performance. Simply outstanding. Nuff said.

Gilberto 7 - Good game.

Hleb 7 - He was alright although he gave the ball quite a bit. He tracked back alot to help which is very good to see.

Reyes 9 - Terrorised Cicinho.

Henry 9 - Fantastic goal and he was actually playing with desire!

Cruisio

Established Member
From the other ratings thread

Cruisio said:
Lehmann - 8 Had an awesome game

Eboue - 9 His best ever Arsenal performance by a mile

Toure - 9 Was immense

Senderos - 8 Would be higher if he could pass the damn ball!

Flamini 7 - Got overrun by Beckham (who is one slow mo fo) a few too many times. Was fairly solid though

Hleb - 7.5 Probably his best Arsenal performance but needs to be able to pass better

Gilberto - 8 Solid

Fabregas - 9 Outclassed Zidane. Says it all really

Ljungberg - 10 My man of the match personally. Best performance in a LONG time

Reyes - 9 Cicinho who?

Henry - 8 And thats for the goal. I STILL think he was pretty damn lazy. Prime example was when Ljungberg ran through and he just stood there and did nothing

I don't care what anybody says. Henry was still pretty damn lazy tonight. Love him for the goal, but i'm not going to start bummin him just yet

kanooo

I'd give everyone a 10. :lol:

Come on. Give them a break. Even the ones that didn't play too well.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
What a performance. Wenger's crowning achievement in Europe.

Lehmann - Always there when we needed him. Commanding under the arial assault 8

Eboue - MOM - Faultless performance. Uncompromising in defense, aggresive in attack. Robinho had absolutely no chance against him, and neither did anyone who drifted that side of the field.

Toure - Marshalled the defense expertly and covered for the errors of his inexperienced partners. 8

Senderos - Commanding arially, a disaster when the ball was at his feet. Needs to work on his distribution

Flamini - Real were attacking his flank relentlessly in the 2nd half, but luckily Reyes was diligent in helping share the workload.

Cesc - A maestro-like performance. An 18 year-old dictated the tone and tempo of a match against Real Madrid ffs. Nuff said.

Gilberto - Efficient in possession for a change, due to the slower pace of the game. Made good interventions at set-pieces

Ljungberg - A vintage raiding performance from the Swede. Kept the ball well on breaks, and actually made some effective dribbles as well.

Reyes - Had Cicinho running scared. Still didn't look 100% comfortable on the left, but his passing infield was cutting Madrid apart at times. Defensively he was as diligent as ever.

Hleb - Patchy performance. Made some determined dribbles, and the odd cutting edge pass, but would the give the ball away a few times.

Henry - Actually looked good as target man, but probably because Real's defense isn't as uncompromising as most. The goal was a combination of all his best qualities, pace, power, skill, and the most ice-cool of finished.

Overall, we should've buried the tie earlier, but with Cole and hopefully Sol returning, I'm optimistic about our chances at Highbury. For now, I'm going ot savour what has to be one of Arsenal's best European nights in it's history... :)

Uri

Wow !!! amazing game from us !

Ok late me rate our heroes :

Lehman 7.5 - was great, as always lately
Eboue 9 - amazing !!! MOM !!!
Toure 7 - Inspired our whole defence to a good game
Senderos 5 - Made me shake whenever the ball was at his fit, our weakest player by far.
Flamini 7.5 - Great defence & nice attacking game, one man we can trust.
Hleb 7 - Was great, I hope he gets a run now.
Cesc 8 - Amazing... Love this kid.
Reyes 7.5 - Great game of his, breaks my heart to see how he gets beaten every time by those violent bastrads.
Gilberto 6 - Was fine
Ljungberg 5.5 - Was weak, I must say that if Henry made a move when the ball was Fredie's, Fred would have looked much better.
Henry 7.5 - Amazing start, great goal. I hate the way he treats Reyes, Should have helped Fredie as our captain and our best player.

ARESENE WENGER 10 - CLAP YOUR HANDS, ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mistaz23

Lehman 7 : Not much to do today but was solid nevertheless. He got up high on corners and free kicks and had a couple of good saves...

Eboue 7 : His performance was excellent. He made some excellent runs going forward and was able to come back and stifle virtually all of Robinhos moves on the right. His performance was solid!

Toure 7: What can I say, he was an absolute rock today. COvered very well for eboue and senderos and never let a ball pass by him.

Senderos 6: His best game in an Arsenal shirt this season. He was a bit clumsy at times but was surprisingly solid for the most part. I thought ROnaldo would tear him apart but Senderos stuck to his guns...

Flamini 7: Amazing considering he isnt a Cesc 8: Outstanding! I think this was his best game ever in an arsenal jersey. His passes constantly unlocked the madrid defense and he was composed on the ball. He didnt have a nerve in his body as he dictated our play. He even had a great move that baffled a madrid player towards the end of the game.

Gilberto 6: I hate this f****g guy. But for his low standards, he had a CRACKER! He was invisible for most of the game. But had some huge interceptions and clearances. I liked that bicycle kick to clear the ball from our box...

Reyes 7: I'm really glad that he made this game. Although he didnt have his best performance, he ate that ***** cicinho up for lunch. I was scared when he was briefly injured and was extremely upset that he got a yellow because we really need him for the second leg...

Hleb 7: He was fantastic. Although he disappeared for spells, he always made something happen with the ball at his feet. He had some great moves and passes (and some bad ones) that almost unlocked madrid. I think that the more games Arsène Gives him, the better he will get. Contrary to popular belief, Hleb CAN and WILL make it here!

Henry 8: Captain fantastic to the rescue! If Henry played with this much passion for half of our games this season, we would be in 3rd place right now . His goal was brilliant but he scuffed an easy chance that he shouldve at least shot on target... Apart from that he was awesome and did well at the end to waste time...

kel varnsen

Established Member
Re: Real V Arsenal ratings.. GET THE F' IN!!!!!!!!

LuKaZaN said:
RATINGS! COME ON, COME ON! :lol:

Lehmann 8 - SOLID. What a keeper he has shown himself to be this season.

Eboue 8 - Fantastic. Robinho took a nose dive in to his back pocket! :D

Senderos 6.5 - Could have gifted Beckham a goal and I think he deserves a 6.5 for that, but afterwards was solid. When Senderos isn't making invidual mistakes him and Toure look a good partnership.

Toure 9 - ROCK SOLID, LEGEND.

Flamini - 6 Let Beckham in way too easily but he is out of position, there were some good tackles from him though.

Ljungberg - 7.5 MILES better than most of his performances this season, looked a threat and was full of running. Lost count of how many times he made interceptions and started attacks.

Fabregas - 10 SENSATIONAL... nah that doesn't do him justice. What a performance from the KID. My MOTM.

Gilberto - 7 Better, and his passing was actually good.. :shock:

Hleb - 8 Has the fastest feet I have ever seen.. :shock: I think he'll get mixed ratings but I thought, apart from the odd sloppy pass, he was very very good.

Reyes - 9 Ran himself ragged. ABSOLUTELY RAPED Cicinho! :D

Henry - 8 What a goal, a much more commited performance and was full of much more running than we've seen in recent weeks.

agree with everything, except for a few players.

senderos - 7. i think he was solid tonight. solid throughout, even though his passing is still horrific.

reyes - 8. he played well, but a little bit sloppy. should have been a bit more 'active' off the ball.

as for hleb, from outstanding to average. his potential has no limits. once he is a bit more consistant, he'll be world class. no doubt about it.

finally, hats of to cesc. what a performance. like seeing xavi at his very best. only difference is that cesc is 8 years younger! :D

Lukazan

Established Member
daniel said:
Jens Lehmann - 8
Emannuel Eboue - 8 (closed Robinho very well and was doing pretty good going forward)
Kolo Toure - 8.5 (just good defending)
Philippe Senderos - 7 (did well but had a few mistakes that shook me up)
Mathieu Flamini - 7.5 (good team work but did nothing spectacular)
Alexander Hleb - 6 (had many very poor passes)
Robert Pires - / (didn't play enough)
Gilberto - 9 (he had a great game, it's enough to say that Zidane had the worst game in a long while)
Cesc Fabregas - 9.5 (my MOTM, played excelent, but only the yellow card stopped me from giving him the 10)
Alexander Song - / (didn't play enough)
Freddie Ljungberg - 8 (played well and tryed very much)
Jose Reyes - 8.5 (a good game, but should have done better in the 3rd minute chance)
Abou Diaby - / (didn't play enough)
Thierry Henry - 9 (scored the winning goal and showed good effort)

Harsh rating on Hleb I feel.

And I am sure it was his defence splitting through ball for Henry when he hit that tame shot when he should have squared it for Ljungberg.

gunnerGH

Established Member

LuKaZaN said:
Hleb - 8 Has the fastest feet I have ever seen.. :shock: I think he'll get mixed ratings but I thought, apart from the odd sloppy pass, he was very very good.

8....what ....he misplaced around 10 passes and they were key aswell. Got to be a 6 for me, not up to scratch

Glass_Heart

again it's so sad to see some of the fans underrating Gilberto.

sure he made some mistakes in the past

however, tonight he kept to his task and perform his job excellently..

give him some credits

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
all i can say is everyone pitched in to earn a senfuckinsational result for the mighty Arsenal against the wankers of Madrid. the job is only half done though. come on you GUNNERS!!!!!

Lukazan

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
as for hleb, from outstanding to average. his potential has no limits. once he is a bit more consistant, he'll be world class. no doubt about it.

I think you're right mate.

I also think sometimes my like for Hleb gets in the way of my ratings abit, although I don't think he deserves anything lower than a 7 tonight.

He is just lacking a bit of urgency at times, and when Henry put him through, but slightly wide, you never thought he was going to angle in on goal and shoot.

But as I said it's his feet that I love, he is so bloody quick with them. Those turns he makes are impossible to defend against as he has proved, sometimes it's as if his body is made out of elastic!

As I've said before, I make it no secret I am a huge fan of Hleb and he is one of my favourite players. Makes me sad to see a few of the fans on here are writing him off but I truly believe he is going to come good.

hesham

Established Member
Lehmann -7- Didnt have much to do, but done what he had to well. Good motivater

Eboue -7.5- Owned Robinho's ass nearly all game and some Crazy run forwards.

Kolo Toure -8- Was a Rock, so glad he's back

Senderos -6.5 - Couple of mistakes, but was solid

Flamini -6- Beckham had the better of him, Playing out of position though. did his best

Hleb -7- Some of his touches were Sick! Great Awareness, few sloppy passes, this guy needs a run on the right

Gilberto -8- Great game, did a great job on Zidane and Guti. was everywhere.

Cesc -9- ****ing Awsome Performance, Dictated the pace of the game. MOTM.. ****ing Immortal

Freddie -7.5- Run tirelessly all match. should of scored, but linked the middfeild and attack well

Reyes -8- Great performance. this kid loves playing against Madrid.. Raped that diving ***** Cicinho. began to tire in the second half.

TH14 -8.5- A real captians performance, made runs, tracked back, Encouraged the youngsters, and a trade mark TH14 goal.. Brilliant

Offy

what can i say!
Lehman - 10 - anyone saw how he was telling Henry off and to buck up!
Toure - 9 ROCK!
Eboue - 9.5 - Outstanding! should be made first team Regular!
Senderos 8.5 was good !
Flamini - 7 - Lol was quite funny! but still did us proud!
Gilberto - 9 was cool calm collective! awsome!
Helb - sensational 10!
Reyes 100
Fabregas 100 The spanish duo did us proud! game of their lives!
Henery 10! captains performance!

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom