• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal | 21/02/06

jay-d

Established Member
Uri said:
Wow !!! amazing game from us !

Ok late me rate our heroes :

Lehman 7.5 - was great, as always lately
Eboue 9 - amazing !!! MOM !!!
Toure 7 - Inspired our whole defence to a good game
Senderos 5 - Made me shake whenever the ball was at his fit, our weakest player by far.
Flamini 7.5 - Great defence & nice attacking game, one man we can trust.
Hleb 7 - Was great, I hope he gets a run now.
Cesc 8 - Amazing... Love this kid.
Reyes 7.5 - Great game of his, breaks my heart to see how he gets beaten every time by those violent bastrads.
Gilberto 6 - Was fine
Ljungberg 5.5 - Was weak, I must say that if Henry made a move when the ball was Fredie's, Fred would have looked much better.
Henry 7.5 - Amazing start, great goal. I hate the way he treats Reyes, Should have helped Fredie as our captain and our best player.

ARESENE WENGER 10 - CLAP YOUR HANDS, ALL OF YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ljunberg 5.5?? WTF are you on? I guess you watched it on a dodgy stream that the only excuse i can give you.

Viper

Established Member
Re: Real V Arsenal ratings.. GET THE F' IN!!!!!!!!

LuKaZaN said:
kel varnsen said:
as for hleb, from outstanding to average. his potential has no limits. once he is a bit more consistant, he'll be world class. no doubt about it.

I think you're right mate.

I also think sometimes my like for Hleb gets in the way of my ratings abit, although I don't think he deserves anything lower than a 7 tonight.

He is just lacking a bit of urgency at times, and when Henry put him through, but slightly wide, you never thought he was going to angle in on goal and shoot.

But as I said it's his feet that I love, he is so bloody quick with them. Those turns he makes are impossible to defend against as he has proved, sometimes it's as if his body is made out of elastic!

As I've said before, I make it no secret I am a huge fan of Hleb and he is one of my favourite players. Makes me sad to see a few of the fans on here are writing him off but I truly believe he is going to come good.
His attitude is also SPOT ON.

Whats his website again? I like reading what he says. D:

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 8 - Excellent as you've to expect.

Eboue 9 - Absolutely brilliant. What a game by this lad. Dominant both in defence and attack.

Toure 8 - Fantastic in the air, clam and composed on the ball.

Senderos 7 - Had his usual howler, but dealt well with everything and passed well for a change too.

Flamini 8 - Some shaky moments, but 1000% commitment and never really embarassed. Great tackling as well.

Gilberto 9 - Truly invisible, I even forgot about him doing this writing. But thinking back he didn't make a single mistake and was vital helping out at the back. Gilberto at his best.

Hleb 8 - Excellent for the first 70 minutes, then faded, simply because he hasn't played much recently.

Fabregas 10 - My MotM. Did he do anything wrong today? Played all the moviestar playboys off the park.

Ljungberg 9 - Still thinks he is Riquelme, but worked his socks off and won so many balls and made so many runs that I have to give him a high mark. He could hardly stand at the end, that's what playing your heart out is.

Reyes 8 - Worked his arse off but his sideline antics (though clever) were a bit overboard for me. Raped Cicinho badly, can't believe he didn't get sent off.

Henry 9 - Fantastic goal, still should have worked harder in the second half because we could have scored a lot more in the second half. Should have scored two relatively easy chances in the first half as well. But he gets bonus points for embarassing Carlos at the end, jumping over Mejia's tackle and instantly controlling the ball, winning a throw. Best moment of the game.

Lehman: 8 Came out very quickly to stop Beckham twice. Dealt with most crosses well but punched too often and was fortunate with one flap and the rebound from R.Carlos.

Eboue: 9 Fantastic at the back and provided an outlet going forward. Quick to recover, strong in the tackle, confident on the ball and decent in the air. Can't half shoot too, though never got the chance. Perhaps ventured forwards on too many occasions when ahead.

Toure: 8 Didn't put a foot wrong. Great to have him back and sure that he settles and inspires the rest at the back. Lack of Real pressure and quality on reason for only recieving an 8.

Senderos 7 Was good in the air and despite the odd panic his distribution was calm. Showed bollocks and improved after the mistake.

Flamini 7 Some good strong running and great firm tackle on that cheating bastard Cicinho. Always going to be the weak link in an unfamiliar position, and as such did very well.

Gilberto 8 Showed good stamina and was disciplined enough to maintain his defensive role. Tracked Zidane well and provided strength and height at set peices.

Hleb 7 Showed fantastic technique and touch, worked hard and played most simple passes well. Still held the ball too long on occasions and mislaid a couple of poor passes when promising opportunities developed on the break.

Cesc 10 Undoubtedly Man of the match. A sublime midfield display, showing strength, amazing maturity and great passing. Never mind reducing his rating for the booking! He was unlcuky to be duped by that cheating bastard Cicinho.

Freddie 8 Obviously frustrated that he didn't take either of his opportunities but worked tirelessly and found some wonderful positions. Unlucky not to be picked out by Henry and Cesc on two other occasions.

Reyes 9 A fantastic outlet on the left. Always an option, always willing, always commited. A bit of dirty diving, but when in Rome. Ran that cheating bastard Cicinho ragged.

Henry 9 Was the difference between a good 0-0 and a brilliant 0-1. A couple of poor passes (to Reyes early on and cross/shot that should have reached Freddie) were more than made up for with some good holding play and a dazzling individual goal. A captain's goal? A galactico's goal!!!

On a sour note, will we regret not getting a deserved second come the return leg? I'm sure we'll score but can Real play as badly again?

And on that bombshell, it's time for me to go to work and say Ahhh Haaaa!

Sayonara!

Ruslan Matuzau

Viper said:

Alexander Hleb said:
Dear Footballfriends,
an absolute highlight for your “Gunners” in this season is waiting on all of us on Tuesday evening, 21st of February, when we are playing the away match against Real Madrid in the Championsleague. I think, all around the world, you can ask football players which club and which stadium is one of the most famous – Real Madrid and the Bernabeu Stadium will be an answer you have to expect.
It’s the first leg only, but nevertheless, I am sure the FC Arsenal must achieve a good result in Spain as basis for the 2nd match in Highbury to have a good chance for reaching the next round. I am absolutely confident that we will be successful!.
Of course, any player in our team would like to be part of the Gunners’ team in this challenging match, so I do as well. But it is the decision of my coach Arsène Wenger if he gives me the chance to play.
Now lets turn our attention to this important match.

See you soon, yours Aleks
http://www.fairsport-marketing.de/Alex_ ... rames.html

Lukazan

Established Member

Viper said:
LuKaZaN said:
kel varnsen said:
as for hleb, from outstanding to average. his potential has no limits. once he is a bit more consistant, he'll be world class. no doubt about it.

I also think sometimes my like for Hleb gets in the way of my ratings abit, although I don't think he deserves anything lower than a 7 tonight.

He is just lacking a bit of urgency at times, and when Henry put him through, but slightly wide, you never thought he was going to angle in on goal and shoot.

But as I said it's his feet that I love, he is so bloody quick with them. Those turns he makes are impossible to defend against as he has proved, sometimes it's as if his body is made out of elastic!

As I've said before, I make it no secret I am a huge fan of Hleb and he is one of my favourite players. Makes me sad to see a few of the fans on here are writing him off but I truly believe he is going to come good.
His attitude is also SPOT ON.

Yeah, his attitude is also a big part of why I like him so much.

Just from reading his website (http://www.fairsport-marketing.de/Alex_ ... rames.html) you can tell he is a really nice guy and I remember watching Arsenal training on Arsenal TV Online and he was doing headed keepy ups with Pires and Hleb just had a big brilliant smile on his face and you could really tell he was enjoying himself.

longrufus

Established Member
Everyone was superb tonight, just a few mentions.
Eboue, simply awesome in defense and attack, robinho in his pocket.
Come on people, Senderos played well, made 1 mistake against a very good attaking team.
Gilberto was awesome, didnt put a foot wrong tonight, truely the invisible wall.
Freddie actually turned up! :shock:
Reyes, give us a great attacking edge, never stopped all night.
Hleb was very good, clinical ball was lacking but his defending was good, passed and dribbled well.
Henry, should have stuck the header in and his pass to Reyes in the first few minutes was too heavy, great goal, better performance.

FABREGAS, ONE WORD...

LEGEND!

nazo

Established Member
Lehman: 8
Eboue: 9
Toure: 9
Senderos :7.5
Flamini 7.5
Gilberto 9
Hleb 8
Cesc 9.9
Freddie 8
Reyes 8
Henry 8.5

Wenger 9/10 for being the man he is.

kel varnsen

Established Member

LuKaZaN said:
kel varnsen said:

i think it's very strange that fans are writing him off. the talent and potential is so friggin obvious. imo, the best 'dribbler' in the premiership. he just needs more games.

jay-d

Established Member
I have to say though and it's not the first time I've noticed it that Eboue has to cut the rolling crap out of his game, like when Ramos hit his chest and he went down holding his face and rolling around for ages, saying that he is the ultimate right sided Ashley Cole, what a player.

mistaz23

Lehman 7 : Not much to do today but was solid nevertheless. He got up high on corners and free kicks and had a couple of good saves...

Eboue 7 : His performance was excellent. He made some excellent runs going forward and was able to come back and stifle virtually all of Robinhos moves on the right. His performance was solid!

Toure 7: What can I say, he was an absolute rock today. COvered very well for eboue and senderos and never let a ball pass by him.

Senderos 6: His best game in an Arsenal shirt this season. He was a bit clumsy at times but was surprisingly solid for the most part. I thought ROnaldo would tear him apart but Senderos stuck to his guns...

Flamini 7: Amazing considering he isnt a Cesc 8: Outstanding! I think this was his best game ever in an arsenal jersey. His passes constantly unlocked the madrid defense and he was composed on the ball. He didnt have a nerve in his body as he dictated our play. He even had a great move that baffled a madrid player towards the end of the game.

Gilberto 6: I hate this f****g guy. But for his low standards, he had a CRACKER! He was invisible for most of the game. But had some huge interceptions and clearances. I liked that bicycle kick to clear the ball from our box...

Reyes 7: I'm really glad that he made this game. Although he didnt have his best performance, he ate that ***** cicinho up for lunch. I was scared when he was briefly injured and was extremely upset that he got a yellow because we really need him for the second leg...

Hleb 7: He was fantastic. Although he disappeared for spells, he always made something happen with the ball at his feet. He had some great moves and passes (and some bad ones) that almost unlocked madrid. I think that the more games Arsène Gives him, the better he will get. Contrary to popular belief, Hleb CAN and WILL make it here!

Henry 8: Captain fantastic to the rescue! If Henry played with this much passion for half of our games this season, we would be in 3rd place right now . His goal was brilliant but he scuffed an easy chance that he shouldve at least shot on target... Apart from that he was awesome and did well at the end to waste time...

Ricky_AFC

Lehmann-8
Eboue-8
Toure-9
Senderos-7.5
Flamini-7
Ljungberg-8.5
Fabregas-10
Gilberto-7.5
Hleb-7.5
Reyes-9
Henry-9

Best performance in a long time.

jay-d

Established Member

kel varnsen said:
LuKaZaN said:
kel varnsen said:

i think it's very strange that fans are writing him off. the talent and potential is so friggin obvious. imo, the best 'dribbler' in the premiership. he just needs more games.
I agree his close control is ridiculous he can literally turn on the spot, once he's a regular as I think he will be soon , his final ball and the rest will improve, his touch is truely unbelievable.

kamikaze80

Established Member
godfather said:
with the team performance like this, no one should rating under 7
dont be daft, real madrid were dire in midfield, their passing was sloppy, they were giving us acres of space and they pretty much underestimated us due to our injuries.

cesc, freddie and eboue were amazing and the others were very good, but lets not paper over our deficiencies either. senderos was bad and flamini is out of position (not his fault whatsoever).

kamikaze80

Established Member
hleb is an amazing dribbler but i still question his passing ability. and without any kind of scoring touch, im not sure how much business he has in the final third of the pitch.

i love the guy as a person tho, seems like a great guy and had a good game against madrid, tho i feared for a second that he'd cost us a goal when he chased a player into central midfield when eboue had made a run forward, letting roberto carlos get in behind him.

PaulDavis

Lehmann - 8: Went off his line to make a couple of good interceptions and produced some terrific saves. Apart for one "insane Jen" moment, he was brilliant tonight.

Eboue - 9: He made Robinho look outta sort. Fantastic defending and made a series of dazzling forward runs. This kid has really put in some eye catching performance recently and will give Lauren a run for his money.

Senderos - 7.5: His one mistake nearly cost us dear - (Beckham almost capitalised but all thanks to Lehmann). And apart for some sloppy passes, he did well.

Toure - 8.5: Mr Reliable. Rock solid as always. Gave Ronaldo no chance.

Flamini - 7: Played out of position but did well - Hardworking and tough tackling. Needs to work on his composure and covering. At times sloppy and hesistant.

Gilberto - 7.5: Halt the runs of Zidane and Robinho well. Stayed very alert throughout the match. Well done.

Fabregas - 9: Man of the Match performance. His defending, covering, ball distribution and passing ability are world class. Made a couple of threatening forward runs into the box. Top draw!

Ljungberg - 8: Looks threatening throughout the match. Defended brilliantly. A very energetic performance - one of his best match this season.

Reyes - 8.5: Turned Beckham, Guti and Cincinho inside out. Undeservingly got a yellow card. A really terrific performance.

Hleb - 6.5 - Very sloppy in his passes. In a match where others excelled, he looked very ordinary. To his credit, he worked hard.

Henry - 8 - The man for the big occassion and he proved why he is the world best striker. A wonderful solo effort. What pleases me is that he appeared more willing to chase down, head and flick on long balls from defence.

mistaz23

The only thing about Henry that pissed me off today were some of his runs. There were times when either Ljundberg , Cesc, or Reyes would bring the ball up with pace and for some reason, Henry would drop back instead of make a forward run. Instead of a 2 on 1 break or 2 on 2 it became 1 on 1 or 1 on 2. He needs to help his teammates out more. Apart from that he was excellent...

adjie

kamikaze80 said:
godfather said:
with the team performance like this, no one should rating under 7
dont be daft, real madrid were dire in midfield, their passing was sloppy, they were giving us acres of space and they pretty much underestimated us due to our injuries.

cesc, freddie and eboue were amazing and the others were very good, but lets not paper over our deficiencies either. senderos was bad and flamini is out of position (not his fault whatsoever).

spot on Kamikaze :)
As an AFC fan of course I was excited by the scoreline.
Tbh, before the game I was still worry.
But as soon as I notice how well we cope first 10-15 mins,
my confidence started to grow. Hopefully we produce same performance
to destroy the upcoming Pool, Manure and Scums.

However, salute to Cesc, Freddie, Berto, Eboue, Reyes and all the team.
You guys made Lehmann couldn't get the rating he need :D

quattro

lehmann - 9 - solid. had one shaky moment when he wont off his line otherwise did everything right.

eboue - 9 - great work defensively and on attack. silenced robinho comprehensively

senderos - 6 - the usual one error that could result in a goal, otherwise ok

toure - 9 - solid, mature performance

flamini - 6 - understandably since he's out of position but his commitment is second to none

ljungberg - 8 - looked dangerous and looked ok tracking back

reyes - 8 - wasteful in some instances but owned the left wing. looked very dangerous

hleb - 8 - wasteful in some instances but probably the best game ive seen from him. more games will develop him. his dribbling is awesome and his passing looks like it will be

gilberto - 8 - best game from him all year. great positioning and awareness during set pieces

fabregas - 10 - he loved it out there. very confident and very composed in posession. it seemed that whenever he had the ball something was going to happen regardless of whether he is in the final third or carrying the ball from defense. absolutely classy display.

henry - 9 - very impressive. not just the goal but all the chances he carved out. on the goal it was nothing short of spectacular... taking on like three defenders on the run with a superb finish. world class

Arsenal Quotes

When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom