• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - CL: Real Madrid vs Arsenal | 21/02/06

Legend#1

Established Member
Hleb played well, his passing was so erratic and he needs to sort that out, but he done his job, brought the ball out of defence well, his close control was amazing so he kept possession well, and at times he was our "go to" guy.. He tracked back and helped Eboue aswell, worked all night and was visibly knackered (along with Jose)

He was there to do a job and done it.

Sammer

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Apart from a couple of small differences in the scores, I think Legend and I could actually have written the same post...

It's always nice to know that at least two of us watch the same game, as sometimes I really do wonder!!!

I absolutely agree with what you guys have said....however.....Senderos doesn´t get more than a 6.5 from me. Why? Well if it wasn´t for Lehmann´s save, those silly mistakes can turn a whole game upside down. If he is not heading the ball, which he does very well, he looks very insecure, technically inept and with every touch I feared that he would launch one of those semi-high passes through the middle of the park that land straight at Zidanes or Gutis feet.

hleb played alright but his passing was awful and everytime he was running with the ball he either got tackled or gave it away and did you see when henry was in the center waiting for the ball hleb did an awful ball straight to casillas.if he did it right we would have been 2-0 up but still he played well but everyone else played amazing

Thierry_henry_l4 said:
hleb played alright but his passing was awful and everytime he was running with the ball he either got tackled or gave it away and did you see when henry was in the center waiting for the ball hleb did an awful ball straight to casillas.
Shut up.

Sigh...

Lehman 7
Eboue 8
Toure 8
Senderos 7
Flamini 7 (considering)
Ljungberg 7
Hleb 7
Fabregas 8
Gilberto 8
Reyes 6
Henry 8

The way Hleb held the ball each time and always looked for the correct pass was awsome.
Eboue didn't let Robinho get away with ****.
If Lauren retains his place back after his injury I'll vomit.
His situation is a blessing.
Flamini is a terible ball-winner, but worked ever so hard.
Gilberto and Fabregas did thier jobs entirely.
Reyes is the biggest knee-jerk player if I've ever seen one.

If you mean murdered because Cicinho spent most of the night at the other half of the pitch overlapping Davey-boy then I guess you're right. Otherwise he had Reyes in his pocket.

Captain

Established Member
The problem with Reyes was that he couldn't seem to beat a defender all night long; watching it I was thinking to myself "if only that was vintage Bobby out there".

Still he didn't put in a (6) performance, worked hard and did his job well I thought.

Captain

Established Member
Sammer said:
Captain said:
The problem with Reyes was that he couldn't seem to beat a defender all night long;

Did you actually watch the game :shock:

Yep and I still stand by that comment. He would get the ball, hold it up, slide it into space and then dive for the foul. I don't call that beating a man myself.

(obviously he beat them a few times, but it wasn't lik he was gliding past for fun)

9-lehman- didnt put a foot wrong all night, gave the whole team confidence
8- toure- was hardly noticed, which means he done his job well
5.5- senderos- was he cygan in disguise? **** me way to casual, techinally inept, uncomposed
8- flamini- i thought was great all night, provided arsenal with a different option and played the ball out of defence with good passing, overlapped etc. liked him in that posiiton
8.5- eboue- fantastic all night
8- hleb- agree legend, was go to man at times, great control and possession, just needs to work on final pass
7- gilberto- played well, strong, passed well, struggled however to assert domincance in midfield
8- cesc- equisite counter attacking balls, but also struggle to assert dominace in midfield, counter attacked brilliantly however
8.5-reyes- took the piss all night
8-ljunberg- fantastic, created chance after chance, but generally failed at the last pass/shot
7.5- henry- great goal, and alot more committment than seen last few weeks. good signs

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Yep and I still stand by that comment. He would get the ball, hold it up, slide it into space and then dive for the foul. I don't call that beating a man myself.

(obviously he beat them a few times, but it wasn't lik he was gliding past for fun)

I'd agree with that assesment tbh. I'd say Reyes was definately a handful for Real, but I don't think he really beat their players all ends up that many times. There was one very good run out of defence where he beat about 3 men, but he ended up getting fouled at the end, which was basically the end result of the majority of his dribbles. Other than that, his passes infield were sublime at times, like the long ones over the top for Henry, and the quickfire one-twos with Cesc and Freddie. Good performance overall, but not as devastating as some are making out.

Reyes(9)

How do you guys think,Reyes went past Cicinho many,many,many times but this B*****d(cicinho) always kick him or tackle his feet,he's searching for his feet and NOT the ball,he always goes past him BUT he((cicinho)) always HIT HIM !!! that's the problem !!

Lukazan

Established Member
He beat Cicinho alone about 10 times :D.. although about 6-7 of those times Cicinho brought him down and should have been sent off.

Army of Me

Established Member
none of cicinho's tackle were that bad, but he did foul reyes about 26 times, and should've been sent off for that alone.

however, reyes did look for the freekicks - he continually tried to knock the ball past cicinho and then just run into him, and it doesn't wash with me.

i wouldn't say he never beats his man, but he didnt skin cicinho all night.

Rocafella

Established Member
Captain said:
Sammer said:
Captain said:
The problem with Reyes was that he couldn't seem to beat a defender all night long;

Did you actually watch the game :shock:

So a player can't just beat a man, according to you he has to "glide past them for fun" does he?

Legend#1

Established Member
WTF.

You lot must have been watching the * version of the game.

**Watches Reyes' motorbike impression again where he takes on and beats about 5 players with pace and is brought down by yep, you guessed it, Cicinho**

I swear, this forum is so * when it comes to Reyes criticisms.

At least the travelling Gooners appreciated Reyes' contribution, where he got his name sung most of the night and a standing ovation from the crowd.

I've got the highlights packaged on my PC and the amount of times Reyes skinned Cicinho and was brought down was numerous..

Only on Mania can we beat Real at there own patch with 6 players out and still criticise Reyes :roll:

Army of Me

Established Member
Reyes did play well, but let's not beat around the bush, he dived and looked for fouls far more than he should've done.

if he didn't keep running into Cicinho he might've got my man of the match, because once he's past him, there's no-one there to stop him, and then its just a case of picking out henry in the centre.

but it didnt happen that way.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom