• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

adjie

Viper said:
Lol.

They're being sarcastic.

Gerrard's assist was brilliant to Henry.

I knew Viper :D
That's what I think he did. Take Cesc role to give Titi the assist.
I prefer he take Gilberto role to tackle Xabi or Garcia. :D

asajoseph

Established Member
I'll be watching the game again sometime over the next couple of days. Now, I'm not denying that Hleb gave away some stupid balls today, but I'll bet that he gave it away less than 3 times more than Fabregas. So I'll count, when I watch the game, and let you know.

Thing is, Fabregas has a reputation for hanging onto the ball (deserved). So he makes 15 passes and gives away five, and people say, 'Wow, 75% pass completion rate, that's brilliant!' Hleb, who after his poor form following his return from injury gained a reputation for giving the ball away, gives the ball away five times out of 20, people say, 'Oh man, Hleb gave the ball away 5 times today!'

I'll watch the game again, and I'll count. And I'll be surprised if Hleb gave the ball away much more than Fabregas.

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh, and how bloody good was Kolo's flying sliding tackle today? He dived in from absolutely miles away, about a foot in the air, and got the ball perfectly. What commitment!

asajoseph

Established Member
Apparently, Cesc was only as good as Didi Haman. and Hleb contributed roundabout the same as Steven Warnock.

Along with Lord Lucan, that'll be one of the great mysteries of our time.

At least they recognised Kronkamp was crap...

nazo

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Oh, and how bloody good was Kolo's flying sliding tackle today? He dived in from absolutely miles away, about a foot in the air, and got the ball perfectly. What commitment!

That tackle was immense. He jumped from the penalty box all the way out and smacked the ball from whoever's feet and it was 100% perfect. What a tackle that was.

Artillero

bluenaz said:
asajoseph said:

That tackle was immense. He jumped from the penalty box all the way out and smacked the ball from whoever's feet and it was 100% perfect. What a tackle that was.

He went a bit mental when Titi scored the winner as well, love the guy.

Ruslan Matuzau

asajoseph said:
Apparently, Cesc was only as good as Didi Haman. and Hleb contributed roundabout the same as Steven Warnock.

Along with Lord Lucan, that'll be one of the great mysteries of our time.

At least they recognised Kronkamp was crap...
If I didn't miss anything Hleb has been the worst Arsenal player by THE SUN in second RM game with just 6 as well... :roll:

raphael_as

adjie said:
Agree with most of score, unless these three below.
But, Senderos should not get 8. His role in Garcia's goal was obvious.
Please take a look at the replay. So, he should get 7 i guess.
Think that's a bit harsh - From memory, Toure was the closest player to the ball, no one really knew where it would end up after Lehmann's punch, so it's harsh to blame defenders for not being where the ball was: now he may have been the closest defender and ball-watching, if so I didn't spot that.
adjie said:
Same with Ade, I think he has to practice more in shooting session.
Last, Titi 8 or 8.5 ? I think i've seen his better performance many times.
Well, For me the scores are a comparative of the players in the game, not the players against their previous performances. I think the team as a whole played well, so I'm giving them generally 7's and above. I also think that Titi (with Cesc a close 2nd) was our best/most influential player of the day, so he get's the top score. Not sure how anyone else does it of course, so your way is probably just as valid, just explaining my score (which was the same as the one you quoted ;) )

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
seb_afc said:
fabregas was by far man of the match, although his corners were s**t. not sure why he takes them to be honest. everything else he did though was brilliant

i bet henry wanted to make a cracking header and told cesc to do so :lol:

adjie

raphael_as said:
Think that's a bit harsh - From memory, Toure was the closest player to the ball, no one really knew where it would end up after Lehmann's punch, so it's harsh to blame defenders for not being where the ball was: now he may have been the closest defender and ball-watching, if so I didn't spot that.

Don't get me wrong mate, actually Senderos is one of my fav on this era.

But please take a look the goal once more.

MOD EDIT: Link removed, goal clips are not allowed on this site. Please read the forum FAQ.

Cheers, RtC

Don't look the moment when goal came.
Take a look 1.0 - 2.0 seconds before, when Lehmann just bounce the ball. See who was the closest to Garcia and Goal Spot. See also where Kolo was. Actually Kolo noticed how close the bounce to Garcia and tried to headed it out. But if Senderos saw Garcia move and not staring at the ball (Lehmann), he could jump and block Garcia easier since he was closer.

wingontravel

Lehmann, 6 - ok
Eboue, 8 - Up and down the pitch
Toure, 7 - Solid
Senderos , 8 - Solid
Flamini, 8 - Solid
Hleb, 7- Good but too unfit
Fabregas, 9 - Totally awesome
Silva, 7- Same as usual
Pires, 7 - Better game, need more time to find rhytm
Adebayor, 7 - Good possesion, finishing is really poor
Henry, 9 - Simply awesome

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom