• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

kel varnsen

Established Member
pha2er said:
Hleb 5 - i just can't bring myself to give him any higher a rating. one almost-assist, but numerous bad passes, too many to count tbh.

:lol:

hleb played very well today. a few bad passes, but not one of them was of any real importance.

please, just admit it. you were wrong about hleb. he is world class and here to stay.

Ruslan Matuzau

kel varnsen said:
pha2er said:
Hleb 5 - i just can't bring myself to give him any higher a rating. one almost-assist, but numerous bad passes, too many to count tbh.

:lol:

hleb played very well today. a few bad passes, but not one of them was of any real importance.

please, just admit it. you were wrong about hleb. he is world class and here to stay.
mate, pha2er is scottish dude isn't he? he will never admit it. :wink:

Army of Me

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
huh? i've never said anything bad about hleb - ever. dont get me wrong, the ball sticks to his feet and he has this amazing ability to turn players, but if there is absolutely no finish to his move then whats the point?

like i said, he had one almost-assist the entire game, and far too many misplaced passes.

Ruslan Matuzau

pha2er said:
kel varnsen said:
huh? i've never said anything bad about hleb - ever. dont get me wrong, the ball sticks to his feet and he has this amazing ability to turn players, but if there is absolutely no finish to his move then whats the point?

like i said, he had one almost-assist the entire game, and far too many misplaced passes.
:shock:

Legend#1

Established Member
Hleb's passing has been erratic, I think he's just trying to hard for the perfect ball EVERYTIME, therefore making mistakes.

Cause at Stuttgart, it was the opposite, he was comfortable with the passing.

But, the way he kept possession for us was outstanding, got us out of trouble many times, his change of direction loses markers all the time.. He makes so much space for himself, he also should have had 2 assists.. I thought he was quite good tbh.

Ruslan Matuzau

pha2er said:
Ruslan Matuzau said:
mate, [be]pha2er[/be] is scottish dude isn't he? he will never admit it. :wink:
yea, but dude, you'd give hleb a 10 even if he didnt turn up for a game.
no offence, mate. I was just joking, thinking that you will never excuse him for taking your last chances of qualifying for WC 2006 in Belarus win. :lol:

Army of Me

Established Member
oh alright, i'll change my rating to a 6 :roll:

although after reading that post by ruslan, i'm tempted to give him a 2 for old times sake ;)

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Lehmann 6 - Not like him to make a silly mistake, should have done better.

Eboue 8 - Ralf has a problem with this kid, he done another solid job today, the more I see him the more I like him.

Toure 7 - Few iffy moments but another solid performance.

Senderos 7 - Solid performance, getting better with every game, he has his moments but he is learning fast, he is looking better and better.

Flamini 8 - Reminds me of Ray P, plays his heart out and covers the pitch, never stops trying.

Hleb 7 - Good first half however gets a bit sloppy in the second half still he is learning.

Gilberto 6 - Had some good moments but not overly impressed with his performance.

Fabregas 8 - What can you say plays like a pro, he ran the midfield show,brilliant pass to Henry was brill for the whole game.

Ljungberg can't really sat he wasn't on long enough.

Henry 9 - MOTM Won us the game should have scored 4 or more.

Adebayor 6 - Great strength on the ball but missed a few chances, lets hope he will get better.

Pires 6 - Now he should have scored but didn't got stuck in once or twice but no great shakes.

Bergkamp 5 - Not very good at all it doesn't seem like he could get into the game, fluffed a few shots not like him at all.
Ref 0 he was a **** :lol:

ken_75

Lehmann 6.5 - good performance but at fault on the goal conceded

Eboue 8 - excellent performance, going forward
Toure 8 - great game once again, commitment
Senderos 6.5 - good, but why does he ALWAYS has to make a couple of dangerous mistakes?
Flamini 7.5 - another brilliant display in his makeshift role

Fabregas 8.5 - midfield maestro
Gilberto 7 - good game but gave away the ball a couple of times too many
Pires 6 - seems in the same position Ljungberg was some games ago: needs to rediscover his form
Hleb 7.5 - skillful game again, looked tired at the end

Adbeayor 7 - worked hard but missed an almost sitter
Henry 9 - the King took the opportunities well, worked hard and could have scored a couple more

Ljungberg seemed on the right track until he got injured
Bergkamp 5 - not too much involvement apart from a missed half chance

spoecial mention to gerrard for providing the assist to Henry for our 2nd - cheers!!

the dawn raids

Established Member
i think part of hlebs problem today (or more why so many passes didnt come off) was adebayor was the intended recipient a lot of the time. you can tell they arent on the same level yet, and quite a few times he expected adebayor to keep moving, or expected him to slow up and it just didnt come off. he still had some wonderfull passes though, both of the ones for henry in the second half were outstanding.

South_London_SW2

lehman-6 - average done what was needed

eboue- 7 - nice brightfull attacking play.and steady defending

flammini-8- magnificant- for a right footer defensive mid having to cope with gerrard and luis'Garcia and didnt give them anytime on the ball at all well done.

senderos-7- one of his better performances needs to work really hard on distribution and pace.

toure-8- well this was just a vintage toure display.strenght,determination,the odd attacking run. love him

ljungberg-6- bright 5mins didnt get enough time

hleb- 7- nice direct runs passing really letting him down

cesc-9 - lightyears ahead of his age. im struggling to find words for him.

gilberto- 7 done his role very well nothing special

henry- 9 -KING HENRY.

adebayor- 8- nice touches and nice bright runs .finishing will surley improve with henry and rvp at the club.

pires- 6- nothing special done what he needed to do

bergkamp- 6- bit out of favour and form still a legend

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
SaViLlE_06 said:
Hleb was amazing..should be an 8! or even 9

weed is bad for your health.

i think 6 or 7 is appropriate for him.

by the way i still don't understand why some still find the pleasure to slate senderos in this game. crouch looked like a lanky bean-stuffed muppet just now next to big phil. and oh yes that shout telling alonso to f*ck off the pitch is very keown-esque.

i thought this was one of his best games this season bar against madrid.

South_London_SW2

yeh he dwells on the ball and he isnt the most brightest and his distribution is really poor. but he has time to learn wenger finds out if players made it at 23. at the moment he is just a brick wall maybe he can become a mobile,good distributer brickwall

ken_75

maybe my 6.5 rating for Senderos was a bit harsh, but imo not more than 7. He DID have a good game but there were a couple of mistakes that could have cost us dearly and it happens in every match. Not slating him but thats the way it is.

KingReyes

Established Member
Jens 6 - Had nothing to do, should have done better with the punch for their goal but it seemed to swerve right at the end. ****ing Technology!!

Eboue 7 - Great going forward should have shot and scored in the first half.

Kolo 8 - ****ing brilliant bar the marking on Crouch where he had a free header. This guys committment is ****ing amazing but surely that can't be!! After all he is not ENGLISH and only Englishmen have committment and spirit :roll:

Senderos 7 - Solid display, getting better (I hope)

Flam 6 - Once again good job, but caught out a few times.

Freddie 6 - Injured too early.

Gilberto 7 - Solid defensively yet again, shaky with his passing at times but I have been happy with him lately.

Cesc 9 - How can this kid be 18? His passing was ****ing amazing and the first goal was the perfect example. Even the commentators were in awe!! You can stick Frank Lampard up your arse!

Hleb 7 - Great ball control, went past players but then... his passing was shocking. He needs to keep it simple at times and be more direct. When he does that we'll have one amazing player.

Adebayor 6 - Another one that tries too hard, wins the ball well but takes too long to release. At times looked quality but at times looked like a pub player.

Henry 9 - I don't know what to say anymore! Was brilliant all over the park, should have scored a few but he's won it for us in the end. For those who judge his committment they can piss right off.

Pires 7 - I'm tired of typing. He played well

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom