• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

RammiXP

So what are your opinions?

Here are mine:

Lehmann- 6.5 Did well but felt he should have dealt with Stevie G's shot better

Eboue- 7 Looked solid and dangerous on the attack

Senderos- 6.5 Solid but still little lapses in concentration seem to appear.

Toure- 8 As always a rock and solid, a superb professional and I love the guy

Flamini- 7 Did well and is getting better at left back all the time.

Helb- 6 Thought helb was disappointing especially in the second half, too many sloppy passes and still lacks something. I like him a lot but he does seem to lack a final product (ie pass or shot)

Gilberto- 6.5 did ok as always passing was crap but he covered well across the midfield and kept the Liverpool midfield quiet.

Cesc- 8.5 Little genius, he was magic today and if he keeps playing like that we have a serious gold mine on our hands.

Pires(played most of the match)- 7 Did his job well but should have scored and it furthers proves that we need better finishing.

Ade- 7 Pretty much the same as Pires!

Henry- 9 what can you say about the guy he is amazing when he wants to be and today he was just that.

Subs

Bergkamp- 6- lacks pace and had 2 chances he should have done a lot better with.

I highlighted the best 2 players on the pitch with henry getting the MoM!

The result was the main thing and we got it very happy Rammi! and a nice 21st Birthday present from Arsenal to me.

Guillermo

Lehmann (6) - Rarely troubled. Perhaps could have done a little better with Gerrard's piledriver.

Eboue (7) - Solid at the back, breathtaking going forward. It will be interesting when Lauren returns.

Flamini (7) - Looks comfortable now, a solid game.

Senderos (6) - Caused my heart to skip a few beats. Clumsy at times.

Toure (7) - Another great game. Thank the Lord he didn't have to be subbed.

Hleb (7) - Moments of brilliance; overcast, perhaps by some sloppy passing.

Pires (7) - Displayed his wonderful understanding with Henry, should've scored though.

Gilberto (7) - Some important tackles, otherwise anonymous.

Fabregas (9) - World-class performance.

Adebayor (7) - A powerful performance. Squandered a great chance, but looked strong and comfortable on the ball.

Henry (9) - A wonder goal. His determination was unquestionable.

Lukazan

Established Member
Arsenal V Liverpool Ratings..

I'll actually start with my ratings.. :roll:

Lehmann - 6.5 Solid game until Gerrard but I forgive him, those balls when they swerve like that are a ***** to handle for ANY goalkeeper.

Eboue - 7 Brilliant again. His charges forward are brilliant.

Toure - 6.5 Indecision that could have cost us but solid otherwise.

Senderos - 7 Really good game I thought, careless passes aside.

Flamini - 7 Great game, impressing me more and more at LB.

Hleb - 6 Good first half, poor second for the most part. BUT I have to say a great positive to take out of this game is he is looking A LOT more confident and DECISIVE. Two lovely balls to Henry (one aerially, first time I've seen that I think) and laid a chance for Bergkamp on a plate.

Gilberto - 6.5 Still those bloody careless passes but got some good tackles in.

Fabregas - 8 What to say? Sensational.

Ljungberg - ?? Looked REALLY lively but unfortunately forced off.

Henry - 8 Took both goals brilliantly, especially the first. Mocked Liverpool after his second goal.

Adebayor - 7 A good game. First touch was sometimes a bit erratic but he showed lots of running and good body strength.

Pires - 5.5 Should have scored.. has about as much commitment as a piece of toast on the pitch.

Bergkamp - 5 Pretty poor, not sure he should have come on tbh.

Saville

Guillermo said:
SaViLlE_06 said:
was henrys first goal good?, i only saw his 2nd!?
A lovely threaded ball from Cesc, followed by a beautiful finish from Henry.

To answer to your question, yes.

goo cheers :D should be interesting to watch on match of the day then

Gurgen

Established Member
Lehmann 6 - Punch sideways Jens, sideways. Silly mistake.

Eboue 8 - Molested that right hand side, too bad he loses it when in front of goal.

Toure 7 - Actually tackled the ball, with one foot. Dunno about the coverage in England but the commentators here were going on and on about it. Allright, it was kung-fu style, but still the ball.

Senderos 7 - Solid throughout, except for that Crouch header. But Toure must shame the blame for that.

Flamini 8 - Respect for this man. Countless interceptions and solid play at left back.

Hleb 7 - Good first half, sloppy in the second, though he had his moments.

Gilberto 7 - Apart from watching the ball bounce off his foot not bad.

Fabregas 9 - Ran the show. Brillian pass to Henry and excellent for 90 minutes. I'm running out of compliments for this lad.

Ljungberg N/A - Not enough time to rate him.

Henry 9 - MOTM Won us the game. Should have scored more but he won us the game. Pretty clear.

Adebayor 7 - Great strenght, great pace, abysmal finishing.

Pires 7 - Should have scored but got stuck in for a change and kept it moving well.

Bergkamp 5 - Not very good. I'd rather have Ade stayed on, and that's saying something.

flotz

i think gilberto had a very good game. our midfield was strong today against arguably the best midfield in the premiership..
cesc just makes me smile..like henry does..i was so relieved when toure got back to his feets
what would we do without him!

nazo

Established Member
Gurgen said:
Lehmann 6 - Punch sideways Jens, sideways. Silly mistake.

Eboue 8 - Molested that right hand side, too bad he loses it when in front of goal.

Toure 7 - Actually tackled the ball, with one foot. Dunno about the coverage in England but the commentators here were going on and on about it. Allright, it was kung-fu style, but still the ball.

Senderos 7 - Solid throughout, except for that Crouch header. But Toure must shame the blame for that.

Flamini 8 - Respect for this man. Countless interceptions and solid play at left back.

Hleb 7 - Good first half, sloppy in the second, though he had his moments.

Gilberto 7 - Apart from watching the ball bounce off his foot not bad.

Fabregas 9 - Ran the show. Brillian pass to Henry and excellent for 90 minutes. I'm running out of compliments for this lad.

Ljungberg N/A - Not enough time to rate him.

Henry 9 - MOTM Won us the game. Should have scored more but he won us the game. Pretty clear.

Adebayor 7 - Great strenght, great pace, abysmal finishing.

Pires 7 - Should have scored but got stuck in for a change and kept it moving well.

Bergkamp 5 - Not very good. I'd rather have Ade stayed on, and that's saying something.

Spot on. Nicely put.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6
played well, but has to take part of the blame for the goal. weak save.

eboue - 7
very good. a few fantastic runs, but missed a sitter. should have scored.

senderos - 5
decent, but still clumsy.

toure - 6
a good game, but couldn't push garcia off the ball when they scored.

flamini - 6
i think he was excellent today. solid defending and offered a lot going forward.

hleb - 8,5
brilliant. gave the ball away a few times, but created so much for us today that he can get away with it. pacey, unbelievable skill on the ball and superb vision.

cesc - 7
great game. excellent vision and distribution.

gilberto - 7
his best match this year. excellent defending and his passing was surprisingly good.

pires - 5
average. lazy, doesn't really beat defenders and isn't really a goal threat anymore. good passing though.

henry - 9,5
outstanding for the third match in a row. we really are, at times, a one man team. when he is on form, we look like a completely different team.

adebayor - 6.
played well, but come on. missed a gigantic chance. a real sitter. needs to improve his finishing.

bergkamp - 3
close to being a joke right now.

choi12911

I would like to give MOTM to our new signing Steven Gerrard.

Without his wonder through pass, we couldn't have won. Well done Gerrard!!

Army of Me

Established Member
Lehmann 5 - **** all to do all game, but when he was called upon he fluffed it up big time. he's a very lucky man gerrard was on our team.

Eboue 8 - brilliant. simply brilliant. lauren, sorry mate, but your place is on the bench.

Toure 8 - dominant as usual, i swear this guy gets better with every game. that tackle in the 1st half sums up all there is to know about toure - he'll give everything for the cause.

Senderos 7 - can't complain. was solid - and he didnt make a single mistake*!

* that i can remember, i've had some beer.

Flamini 7 - it's almost a crime to demote this guy to the bench after sterling displays like this.

Hleb 5 - i just can't bring myself to give him any higher a rating. one almost-assist, but numerous bad passes, too many to count tbh.

Gilberto 7 - now, i could be mistaken, but i think we've just seen gilberto string together 2 decent performances. its a great day for arsenal football club. sell him.

Fabregas 9 - give the boy a medal, he deserves it. he ran the midfield, from start to finish. we've just seen an 18 year old wonderkid mug, arguably, 2 of the best midfielders in europe in alonso and gerrard.

Henry 8 - scored 2, could've had about 18 - took the piss out of finnan for 90mins.

Adebayor 5 - some nice touches, but overall, very disappointing, for such a big guy he doesn't half go down easily, and his first touch... 2nd touch, **** it any touch just isn't very good. needs work.

Pires 6 - did enough to merit a 6, missed an almighty sitter but it happens.

Bergkamp 4 - was on long enough to earn a rating, but not a very good one, was pretty much useless.

Uri

we should have trashed them.

Lehman - 7 - did very well.
Eboue - 7.5 - Brilliant, love him
Toure - 7 - apart for one mistake he was great.
Senderos - 7 - looking better and better
Flamini - 7.5 - Great.
Pires - 7 - Was efficient.
Cesc - 7 - Nice work from our wonderkid.
Hleb - 7 - Was good at start, unnoticeable in the 2nd half.
Gilberto - 6 - Was poor with the ball.
Adebayer - 6.5 - nice, but not there yet. works hard.
Henry - 8 - Was great, even made more runs than usual.

good job.

Liberace

omg fabregas was JUST F*****g AMAZING TODAY!!!!!!

LEGEND LEGEND LEGEND ALREADY!!!

SORRY IM WRITING IN CAPS, BUT HE IS JUST AMAZING!!!! MADE GERRARD LOOK AVERAGE!!

ratings:

Henry - 10 gave it absolutly everything!!!!
Fabregas - 10 MOM
Gilberto - 9 Back to his best
Toure - 9 broke his thigh but still carried on playing :shock:
Eboue - 9 world class
Hleb - 9 fantastic!

the rest of the team 7s

Bergkamp - 2 poor!

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom