• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

R.V.P_11

I am completely pissed at todays performance.
That was one of the most depresing matches I have ever seen !
HENRY WAS PATHETIC did'nt even look interested
WENGER HAS GOT ALOT OF WORK TO DO BEFORE OUR NEXT MATCH :evil:

lagos

Established Member
and the cheek of the guy! had the effontry to come on after the match to say we played well, blaming the refree and that any other day we would have won. well whos fault was it we didn't win ? everybody else did their bit! how many chances do you need Mr Genius?

I would have felt better if the team didn't play well!

lagos

Established Member
hoyte is playing out of position so it's not fair to judge him on his LB performance

ade is ok but he needs a run of games.

I would like to see henry benched for the next few games give ade/rvp/walcot a run.

I never thought i'd say this but we are suffering from the "god syndromme" ala michael owen, Alan shearer, where a manager continues to field and refuses to sub a misfiring player to the detriment of the team.

I think I heard him say somewhere he won't be at his best till october, considering our 1st 8 or so games are relatively easy on paper, I am afraid if he continues to start (and of course he won't be subbed) we will have a repeat of last season.

XWA

I'm not going to give players a grade, because then I would have to say some players did play a bit better then others, but since we've lost why give grade to players if the team has lost? I did thing Hoyte wasn't at his best, did give away a penalty but to be fair he didn't look and City made the most out of it. I have to say I'm still angry about the result, because the team lost and the players tried to do their best, but didn't know how to play as a team and that's why played very bad. The ball is definitely played to much through the middle and we need to change the way we play! Put some variations.

™}}T£M0o$£{{™

Re: Man city - Arsenal, player ratings

kel varnsen said:
rosicky - 7,5
a very good game. good movement off the ball, good passing, made some nice runs, hussled the villa defenders and, like hleb, made things happen for us in the final third. surprised he was substituted.
i swear he didnt play aganst villa

RC8

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
lehmann - 7
Never had much to do but when he was called upon he was solid.

eboue - 6
First half he did very well attacking but got tired in the 2nd half. He never got his final ball right today

toure - 7
He has soo much heart and won everthing. What would we do without him?

Djorou - 7
How composed is this guy? One of the best young defenders and he looks like a young Rio Ferdinand.

Hoyte - 3
Offers us nothing going forward and has the vision of a bat. Gets beaten way too often and his big mistake to give away the pen cost us alot.

hleb - 8
Looked extremely sharp . He took on players and his movement was great.

cesc - 6,5
Poor first half but a much better 2nd. His pace surprised me he drove forward really well and created alot of chances.

gilberto - 7
Solid he won alot in the middle and covered out full backs well at times. His positioning was fantastic and made alot of important interception

rosicky - 7
Good movement and linked up very well, he did fantastic for a premiership debut i see alot more coming from him.

RvP - 7
Never lost the ball once. His link up play was awesome and he made some fantastic runs. He hit the ball well with his first chance and was unlucky not to score today. He will certainly keep his place.

henry - 5
Rusty and needs to regain his match fitness.

walcott - 6,5
A confidant player. Was not scared to take on players and he nearly made a chance for us. His control when running with the ball was Henry-like. He also shoots which is what we need. He should be given a start i can see him scoring goals.

Agree on everything, except I would give a 7 to Theo. It's nice to see that there is still people who don't get carried away with the result and pay attention to the actual game.

thierryunreal

the team lost and i can't point to any moments of brillance in the match apart from the chances we had to score ( at least just before we missed them all one after the other)
so all get a 5 apart from thierry who gets a 4.5 cos he's team captain and the focal point and can be said to have let us all down
then hoyte....he speaks for himself.absolutely appaling....
the subs could not change anything cos they just came on to do more of the same bar theo who really gives a cause for optimism in this hour of darkness.

Fab Fabre04

lehaman-7
Hoyte-5
Kolo-7
Djorou-6.75 (7)
Eboue-6
Hleb-7.5
Fabregas -7.10
Gilberto -8
Rosicky- 7
Thierry Henry- 5.10
RVP-7

Theo Walcott- 6.75

Ade- N/A
Flamini- N/A

Fab Fabre04

The Tin God said:
Hoyte is not arsenal qaulity

Ade is not arsenal qual

Show what you know... He needs to work on his finishing, a lot. But he was with us for 5 months and chipped in 4 goals.(last season) Considering Bobby was here for the whole season and got 6 (I think) that's not bad. He's young and in a new enviroment speaking a new language, playing faster and more physical football. He's under performing at the moment but so is titi. Does that mean he's not arsenal quality? Arsène Wenger needs to pay close attention to Ade in training and get him to play a few reserve games and gel with RVP. He'll be amazing soon.

Jeez dude, start posting sense or **** off.

The Tin God said:
just give them all 0

sighs. So Gilberto, Kolo and Theo are usless to are they.
That was probably said in anger so I'm not going to say anything.

If it wasn't in anger please ting od, spare us and bugger off.

Cruisio

Established Member
I gotta give props to Gilberto. That was the best game i've ever seen from him in an Arsenal shirt, honestly.

Was impressed with Toure, Johan, Fabby, Rosicky and Walcott

Lehmann - 6
Eboue - 6
Toure - 7
Djourou - 7
Hoyte - 2.5 (one of the worst performances i have seen in a long time)
Hleb - 7
Gilberto - 8
Fabregas - 7
Rosicky - 7
Van Persie - 7
Henry - 3

Lukazan

Established Member
Was at the game so if you disagree with any ratings, you're wrong.. ;)

Lehmann 7 - One dodgy kick, two very good saves and a penalty he could do nothing about.

Hoyte 4 - Not good enough? Hasn't even really look decent yet this season and this was a really poor display. Beaten easily by the diagonal ball atleast 3 times and also offers is very little going forward. Gets in to the positions, but just looks lost on what to do next.

Djourou 6 - Some great recovery tackles that are usually a result of him messing up in the first place.

Toure 7 - Brilliant and unlucky not to score.

Eboue 5 - Didn't get forward half as much as usual, gave the ball away and had two horrid moments. First one was either a really REALLY bad cross from out wide or a really REALLY bad shot. Either way Henry wasn't pleased and didn't take his eyes off Eboue for a full 60 seconds. Second was a 10 yard pass to RVP that went out for a throw when we were trying for an equaliser.

Hleb 7 - Sloppy passes we've come to expect from Hleb but as always, our most threatening attacks are through him 90% of the time. Grew tired though and went missing, so Wenger subbed him off. Whether that was the right decision, who knows?

Fabregas 6 - Composure and close control was as good as ever but he is just lacking that spark we saw against Zagreb away and at the back end of last season.

Gilberto 8 - MOTM. Sensational. You really have to be at games to appreciate what this guy does.

Rosicky 6.5 - Decent debut and looks very much an Arsenal player. Clearly settling and at the minute, like Hleb last season, seems keen on keeping it simple to please his team mates.

RVP 7.5 - Likely scorer, and hit the post with a great shot. Had half a shout for a penalty and was a menace. Hopefully he won't be on the bench our next game...

Henry 5 - Great chances he would have buried last season. Still looks unfit and lacking sharpness.

Subs

Walcott 7 - On for 10 minutes or so and made a huge impact. Stuff protecting him, if you are good enough you are old enough and he is good enough. A start is due surely..

Adebayor 6 - One really neat turn and a couple of smart passes.

Flamini N/A - His role called for him to simply pick the ball up at the back and pass it on which he did.

Toker

The team's performance was average (6 out of 10).
Lehnman (6)
Eboue (5)
Toure (6)
Djouru (5)
Hoyte (2)
Rosicky (6)
Fab (5)
Gilberto (7.5)
Helb (7.5)
RvP (6)
Henry (4)

Subs Ade (6) Walcott (6)

Hoyte was toilet today and cost us a goal, could have been 2 goals but Barton missed. We created 5 good chances but no finished product. Henry should not play if not match fit, he missed 3 and RvP missed 2.
1 point out of 6 is poor, again we look light weight in midfield same problem as last year particular in away games.

We currently have problem in all areas
At the back - No Senderos and Cole is causing problems. Eboue is wasteful with the ball.
Midfield - Gilberto and Cesc arent strong enough in away games, we have no wing play, both Helb and Rosicky alway cuts inside, very predictable. We need Reyes and Freddie back who can run at defenders and cross the ball.
Forward - Henry is not match fit, RvP isnt in top form. Ade doesnt get enough of a game to cause some damage but his work rate is always high unlike Henry who cant be arse when things werent going well.

8 points behind the leaders after 3 games is not good and this rate we can forget about a shot at the title by Nov.

Cole situation is cause problems at the back. We need to sort it out now and either he stays or sell me / replace me. Hopefully Gallas will be part of the deal and solve some of the problems at the back.

In midfield unless we buy someone, we will always look short in aways games. Maybe playing Gilberto, Cesc and Flamini in 3 man centre midfield could solve the problem but this is not a long term solution. No wingers at the moment as Reyes and Freddie is injuired. Helb and Rosicky will need to start playing like winger when they play on the flanks, instead of cut inside all the time.

Attack, Henry will be fit at some point, hopefully normal service will resume. As for who plays with him is still a problem. No successful partnership can work if the 2 players dont play together enough. AW will have to take a risk and play 1 player with Henry for a run of games or bring someone in.

Although we lost I dont think its that bad as we have problems in all areas at the moment caused by injuries and unfit players / (players on the move). In 4 days time the transfer windows closes and the squad will be settled. AW will know what resources he has to work with, this will help create stability. Stabilty is what we need, the team is changing weekly which doesnt help.

lagos

Established Member
Fab Fabre04 said:
He's young and in a new enviroment speaking a new language,

agree with your comments, but just thought i'd point out that english is not a new language to Ade. he has nigerian (english) and Togolese (french) roots/parentage

Highbury93

Lehmann - 5
Alright,Mad a good save from Dickov I think it was

Eboue - 4
Wasted the ball and went for goal instead of crossing it once

Toure - 7
Good defending,attacked and almost scored

Djourou - 6
Provided good cover for Toure when he went forward and saved Hoyte

Hoyte - 2
F**kin sh*te!

Hleb - 7
Did quite well,But gave the ball away,If he could add goals to his game thwn he will be some talent for us

Cesc - 6
Bad passes but still attacked and was a good threat

Gilberto - 8 MOM
Did brilliant to defend and deserved Arsenal's MOM

Rosicky - 7
Nice Debuet and could have grabbed a goal

Van Persie - 5
Unlucky to hit the woodwork and got a silly Yellow Card

Henry - 3
Terrible today,Wasted 4 brilliant chances

If only we could finish the chances and shoot from outside the box then we would have won the Game today and the Aston Villa game quite comfortably

Almost every team is able to cope with our style of play now so we can't score or win,Teams know that we will try to walk it into the net always so they pack everyone back,They also know that Henry is our main source of goals so they pack everyone around him

Wenger for some reason cannot see this fact and that has practically cost us the title(I know it's a bit early to say that but remember last season we had a much better start and still we were practically out by the end of September)

He should really get some new players that can shoot from a good bit out(Julio Baptista springs to mind)we have Rosicky and he can score from long range

Crap I strayed off the point there....Apoligies

PaulDavis

Starting 11s:

Jen Lehmanns - 6
Couple of really good saves.

Emmanuel Eboue - 5
Passing was horrendous. A pretty bad game by his standard.

Justin Hoyte - 4
Gave away an unnecessary penalty. Was caught out on a number of occassions. He just doesn't fit in there.

Kolo Toure - 6.5
Solid as usual.

Johann Djourou - 7
This lad is improving week after week. A massive display from the young defender.

Gilberto Silva - 8
Absolutely superb. Was everywhere and did some really crucial covering and interceptions. Distribution was excellent to say the least.

Cesc Fabregas - 6.5
Often caught in two minds when going on an offensive. Very ordinary.

Alexandr Hleb - 7
Gave away possessions way too often at times. However he always looks dangerous when he strives forward. Needs to really get a grip and shoot on sight.

Tomas Rosicky - 6.5
Decent game and debut. He's more of a central midfield type of player than a winger I feel. Same goes for Hleb.

Thierry Henry - 5
Looked unwilling and uninterested. Missed numerous great oppportunites. Arsenal was made to pay in the end for all his misses.

Robin Van Perise - 6.5
The lack of support from Henry was evident. He seems to be up on his own at times, shielding the ball, twisting and turning and trying very hard to make things happen.

Subs:
Theo Walcott - 7
Very lively and very willing to take on defenders. His introduction certainly added more urgency in Arsenal's foward play.

Ade Adebayor - 6
Ordinary. He ain't a shooter, he's more of a passer.

Matheu Flamini - N.A

enki

cannot agree with anyone who said we played badly. we did not. we were just wasteful with our chances despite completly dominating the match. i feel the team is a bit rusty but once we get going we be all right. it is not good to drop five point in our first two games against beatable opposition but only man utd are truly doing well. world cup syndrome maybe. we did not play like last season away where many times we went missing. fab look much more stronger and gilberto was brilliant. rosciky is similar to hleb in that he is hardworking and willing to track back. if he can develop the same partneship that hleb-eboue has with whoever is our regular left back we would have to awesome wing. henry is rusty give him time. he should have let rvp takes the freekick.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom