• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Manchester City vs Arsenal | 26/08/06

Fredrock

lagosgooner said:
hoyte is playing out of position so it's not fair to judge him on his LB performance

Well, yesterday he played at LB and was utter pants. I cannot judge him as anything else since that was where he was playing. Perhaps he is a better right back but at the moment he is playing left back!

lagos

Established Member
Shahram said:
Hoyte - N.A how do i give a rating for this guy? forget it, his ratings from the first game 5 dropped till almost nothing. i can foresee the future of a negative rating for him if he continues like this.

Its not right to blame him like this. He's very young and inexperienced. Comments from people like you are only gonna make him more nervous when he plays and he'll f* up more.

Football is a team sport, and although i did not see this match, we cannot blame Hoyte like this, our team is playing crap.

Hoyte had a poor game, he's not a LB but he made an error which led to the penalty. However Hoyte is not the reason we lost the game. with the exception of hoyte, eboue and in particular henry, the team played well but squandered an abundance of opportunities upfront. If we had taken our opportunities, hoyte's error would have been nothing but a footnote.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 6

Toure 6
Djourou 6.5
Eboue 6
Hoyte 5 - I almost feel sorry for him, all opposition teams will target his side, he is nothing more than ok

Cesc 6.5 - even he is overelobarating sometimes instead of pulling the trigger
Gilberto 7 - battled and defended well
Rosicky 6.5 - promising debut, intelligent player
Hleb 6.5 - poor first half, better in second

Henry 6 - off the pace, poor finishing, too much of a showman
RvP 6 - terrible misses, if that was Ade everyone would be calling for his head

SUBS
Flamini 6 - added a little energy
Walcott 7 - very lively and willing
Ade 5 - no chance to make any impact

KaiserSnake

Hoyte is getting a lot of flack, but its not his fault as he is playing out of position. He is only a stopgap until Clichy or Cole comes back.

I can guarantee that if Flams had been selected at the start of the season ahead of Hoyte people would be on here complaining that Wenger favours his "French buddies" out of position to a young English defender.

kopzilla

Always Negative
we overplayed in the final third and found it difficult to penetrate the manc defence in the 2nd half. ...we are supposed to be the kind of team that should naturally bounce back by 2-3 goals even if we are a goal down .

we miss chances and then blame it all on the referee

LeathaFace

i was frustrated but what can we do.
HOYTE was horrible.
HENRY dribbled too much.
EBOUE so many wasted pass

lehmann,toure,walcott,rosicky and fabregas played well.

moosie84

What the **** is it with people on this forum and Hleb?! Other than in the Champions league when we played 5 in midfield he's been outrageously substandard. I had hoped he'd show real improvement this season, having had a year to adapt, but no.

Same old Alex-he's a great first touch on him, and is a fine dribbler but none of our attacking players give the ball away as much as him. He consistenly ruins attacks by misplacing passes. On top of that he is the worst culptit for refusing to take a shot syndrome, a affliction which admitttedly our entire team seem to suffer from.

What annoys me most is that he clearly has the potential but isnt realising it. He doesn't strike me as a winger. His passing style is more suited to playing through the middle. With Fabregas having that pos. in the bag I reckon the only place for him may be in the Berkamp role.

Hearing some of you describing Song, an (admittedly nervous) kid who obviously has talent, as the worst player to put on an Arsenal shirt whilst praising our 13 million pound Belarussian makes me laugh.

Rant over....

Reyes no.11

moosie, i totally agree. hleb is rubbish in 4-4-2 formation. in fact, arsenal are rubbish in 4-4-2. bring back the 4-5-1

thegame24

Established Member
arsenal once again played like a bunch of arrogant poofs.

I wouldnt want them in my army, cant shot for ****ing ****.

send them to bootcamp or something

the way we play reminds me of how an adult plays with a child.

they easily play around them, but when its time ro finish they let the kid win.

mad jens

Hoping for the best for the team....put henry in the reserves for a few matches for fitness. Put ade as sub and walcott wif Rvp at the front. Then put hoyte in the U-14s, let flamini play LB

RC8

Established Member
Shahram said:
Hoyte - N.A how do i give a rating for this guy? forget it, his ratings from the first game 5 dropped till almost nothing. i can foresee the future of a negative rating for him if he continues like this.

Its not right to blame him like this. He's very young and inexperienced. Comments from people like you are only gonna make him more nervous when he plays and he'll f* up more.

Football is a team sport, and although i did not see this match, we cannot blame Hoyte like this, our team is playing crap.

Yes we can, and no we are not.

I don't think it is Hoyte's fault. He is doing his best, I blame Wenger for playing him out of position, as he is just not good enough at Left Back.

Our team is not crap, we showed the quality, but we could't capitalise. Had it not been for the silly penalty Hoyte conceded, we had every chance to win the game.

I'm positive after this performance, as there is a massive improvement over over away games last season.

lagos

Established Member
Fredrock said:
lagosgooner said:
hoyte is playing out of position so it's not fair to judge him on his LB performance

Well, yesterday he played at LB and was utter pants. I cannot judge him as anything else since that was where he was playing. Perhaps he is a better right back but at the moment he is playing left back!

if you cared to follow the thread you will realise i made the comment in response to someone who said Hoyte is not Arsenal quality. i have made it clear many times that Hoyte has been woeful at leftback, that does not mean he is not "Arsenal quality" It's like saying ralph is not Arsenal quality because he had a poor game at left back. When all our players are fit he obviously will not be playing in that role - that is when to judge if he makes the cut

Flamboyance said:
The daily star gave Henry an 8 in the game meaning he was our best player :shock:

Henry's presence on the pitch is important as 2 or 3 defenders are always covering him. He had to work past 2 or 3 defenders before he could make an attempt on goal. Arsenal was all over City partly because of this.

He needs to continue to play to get back his sharpness and also to forge some understanding with Rosicky. Reyes's absence has robbed the kind of laser beam passes to Henry to score. Hleb has stepped up to combine more effectively with RVP/Ade. Ade is the kind of player that is not afraid to mix it up and his attitude and work-rate has been fantastic - can't ask for more.

RC8 said:
Shahram said:

I don't think it is Hoyte's fault. He is doing his best, I blame Wenger for playing him out of position, as he is just not good enough at Left Back.

Our team is not crap, we showed the quality, but we could't capitalise. Had it not been for the silly penalty Hoyte conceded, we had every chance to win the game.

I'm positive after this performance, as there is a massive improvement over over away games last season.

See Arsène's interview - [http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=411975&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+We+must+find+the+mental+strength+to+be+clinical]

Arsène's interview regrading Hoyte showed the kind of manager he is - solidly behind the player.
AW is into building a footbal club with values and for the future. Most of the other managers are short-termers. Look at what Sounness did for Newcastle - having spent and getting the club nowhere.

Take my hats off to Arsène - not just managing the team but helping the club to a new stadium. How many managers have the guts to do that? I like what he is doing with loaning 3 of our youngsters to Birmingham. They are not just getting exposure but forging understanding with one another on the field. I am just waiting for our youngsters to explode in 2 to 4 years time, i.e. when Henry steps down.
Arsène's vision is phenomenal.

Rafa & Jol's strategy of buying and buying is short-term. Moreintes, Cisse, etc are out. More players will be out next season and more will come in for Liverpool, Spuds, etc. My suggestions for those interested in seeing new players every season - don't support Arsenal for now as you will be disappointed.

Fredrock

lagosgooner said:
Fredrock said:
lagosgooner said:

if you cared to follow the thread you will realise i made the comment in response to someone who said Hoyte is not Arsenal quality. i have made it clear many times that Hoyte has been woeful at leftback, that does not mean he is not "Arsenal quality" It's like saying ralph is not Arsenal quality because he had a poor game at left back. When all our players are fit he obviously will not be playing in that role - that is when to judge if he makes the cut

I have followed the thread but somewhere I missed that you commented on the "not being of Arsenal quality" bit. Sorry :eek:ops: However, I am not so sure that he is Arsenal quality. I think he is a bit lightweight and still a bit raw, the penalty being the latest and most blatant example. This doesn't mean that he cannot become good enough, though. He had a great season at Sunderland last year. In a **** team he was one of the very few highlights and perhaps another season on loan will turn him into AFC quality. hopefully he will grow, both physically and mentally, and then I think we have a hell of a defender in the making.

kenny_henry14

Henry is a great player but he is not a good leader.
He should encourage the young boys to shoot more.
The young boys are okay but lacked confidence.

Shahram

RC8 said:
Shahram said:

Having watched this match on AVTO now, I wish to ammend my comment - we played very well - very convincing. We just need to get a bit scrappy so we can finish off.

By the way, i will post on here as well re Adebayor so we can get the message round - people, cheer him as loudly as you can in the next home game, make him feel good, welcome, wanted and help him achieve his best.

Shahram

tangoandrew said:
RC8 said:
Shahram said:

See Arsène's interview - [http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=News&article=411975&lid=NewsHeadline&Title=Wenger+-+We+must+find+the+mental+strength+to+be+clinical]

Arsène's interview regrading Hoyte showed the kind of manager he is - solidly behind the player.
AW is into building a footbal club with values and for the future. Most of the other managers are short-termers. Look at what Sounness did for Newcastle - having spent and getting the club nowhere.

Take my hats off to Arsène - not just managing the team but helping the club to a new stadium. How many managers have the guts to do that? I like what he is doing with loaning 3 of our youngsters to Birmingham. They are not just getting exposure but forging understanding with one another on the field. I am just waiting for our youngsters to explode in 2 to 4 years time, i.e. when Henry steps down.
Arsène's vision is phenomenal.

Rafa & Jol's strategy of buying and buying is short-term. Moreintes, Cisse, etc are out. More players will be out next season and more will come in for Liverpool, Spuds, etc. My suggestions for those interested in seeing new players every season - don't support Arsenal for now as you will be disappointed.

I posted this a few days ago...

"This topic may have been partially covered in other threads, but I am curious as to what people think of Wenger's current transfer policy.

Wenger has, in the last month, come out and said that sometime last year he wanted to give the kids chance to progress their potential, and that by signing experienced players, would both damage their chances of playing in games (...and building their experience), and it would affect their confidence.

As much as I think that this is could be great for the future - and unfortunately not the now of Arsenal, the team has to develop together, and the Reyes situation has made me think how fragile Wenger's dream is - that all it needs is for one or two players to leave and we are back to square one.

Although there is nothing we can really do regarding this, I would like to understand peoples thoughts on whether this really is the best strategy for Arsenal's future."

Your point about short term strategies at Liverpool etc.... teams buying players such as morienties et al., they are good, but only for a while etc, yes, and when they leave the team goes down, yes, same with the fragility of what Arsène is doing... if a player leaves before he hits his prime then it will affect the team big time. Especially when the youngsters are foreign - they will feel an urge to go back home (a la reyes).

If Cesc decides to (touch wood he wont), basically we are f*d.

Also remember that Wenger made some promises to Henry, and Henry wants to win with Arsenal as he has devoted his career to us now... if we play crap and go too much into this transitional thing, can you blame him for not being interested during matches??

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas
Top Bottom