• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 09/04/07

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
0-0 draw at St James Park

Lehmann - 6, did well and was back to his confident self. The contract talks must be helping. Only one real scare, but wasnt really tested

Eboue - 5, An obvious lack of confidence, although there were Sp**s where he was a threat.

Gallas - 7, did well, covered well with Toure, and seemed to talk alot around the defence.

Toure - 6 was just OK, seemed a bit nervous whenever Newcastle came forward. He relies on his speed, and tends to let the forward play loose.

Clichy - 7.1, Arsenal's best on ground. Apart from a couple of attacking errors, his defensive work was solid

Hleb - 6, again started well, early shot was promising. However either from an injury or mental exhaustion he was subbed. Had a few effective passes.

Diaby -5, Promising, but still is he ready to play in 4-5-1. Help me on this one

Gilberto -5, would of liked to have seen better. Gave the ball away too much. However, was strong in defensive half.

Fabregas - 6, he is Arsenal's man to rely on. Produced well, and held the midfield at times of unease. Has the same problem as Hleb, if not worse, he needs to shoot!

Ljungberg - 6.5, played well in comparison to the rest of the team. His never say die attitude was really shown, however, he is past his prime.

Adebayor - 4, poor finishing, poor first touch, was idle and didnt give Hleb or Ljungberg anything to work with. Needs a good ol pimp slap

SUBS:
Baptista - 5, had 30mins to prove, but again failed.
Aliadiere - 5, false sense of hope when he came on. We all wished that he would pull some not so miraculous finish, but it didnt happen.

Overall, a horrible display. We need to bring in another striker really! Who else we got?

gunnerGH

Established Member
Re: Newcastle VS Arsenal Player Ratings

rednwhitearmy said:
Clichy - 7.1, Arsenal's best on ground. Apart from a couple of attacking errors, his defensive work was solid

100% disagree.

Newcastle's best chance came from clichy heading the ball to duff 5 yards out.

7.1?

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob

gunnerGH said:
rednwhitearmy said:

100% disagree.

7.1?

And that makes his whole game crap?
Player ratings are meant to be based on their overall perfomances.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Lehamann 8- Played well, no errors, clean sheet, didnt over react all game - MOM

Eboue - 5
Gallas- 8
Toure- 8
Clichy - 5
Hleb - 5 EDIT: 5.1 because he had an effort at goal in the first half that was on target. Improvement
Fabregas - 6
freddie - 5
Diaby - 4 out of position
Gilberto - 5
Ade - 4 missed a sitter

subs:

Bap 5
Ali 5

qs

Established Member
Jens 7 - Did nothing wrong made a great save too

Eboue - 6 was alright going forward on occasion, mediocre in defence. Lost without the passing game working.

Toure - 6 Shocking first half, ok second

Gallas - 7 pretty solid

Clichy - 7 did well going forward a few high balls down th left troubled him MOTM

Fabregas - Wasteful, didn't put himself about as much as usual

Gilberto -5 poor passing, not great at all

Diaby - 5 no end product

Freddie - 6 worked hard but he's too slow

Hleb - 6 did ok till he went off but was sloppy at times

Ade - 3 did nothing, looked lazy, first touch was terrible, had one chance on goal and that was a header that he put yards wide

mccroix

mate you forgot gilberto

jens 6
eboue 5
gallas 7,5
toure 6
clichy 6
gilberto 6
cesc 5 (he desperately needs a break)
hleb 4
diaby 6
freddie 5
ade 5

can't rate julio or ali because they just didn't get the passes from our midflield

qs

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
Lehamann 8- Played well, no errors, clean sheet, didnt over react all game - MOM

Eboue - 5
Gallas- 8
Toure- 8
Clichy - 5

Hleb - 5
Fabregas - 6
freddie - 5
Diaby - 4 out of position
Gilberto - 5
Ade - 4 missed a sitter

subs:

Bap 5
Ali 5

:lol:

gunnerGH

Established Member

rednwhitearmy said:
gunnerGH said:
rednwhitearmy said:

100% disagree.

7.1?

yes

his overall performance was not a 7 at all. Never mind a 7.1!

awful

gunnerGH

Established Member
qs said:
Jens 7 - Did nothing wrong made a great save too

Eboue - 6 was alright going forward on occasion, mediocre in defence. Lost without the passing game working.

Toure - 6 Shocking first half, ok second

Gallas - 7 pretty solid

Clichy - 7 did well going forward a few high balls down th left troubled him MOTM

Fabregas - Wasteful, didn't put himself about as much as usual

Gilberto -5 poor passing, not great at all

Diaby - 5 no end product

Freddie - 6 worked hard but he's too slow

Hleb - 6 did ok till he went off but was sloppy at times

Ade - 3 did nothing, looked lazy, first touch was terrible, had one chance on goal and that was a header that he put yards wide

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob

gunnerGH said:
rednwhitearmy said:
gunnerGH said:
rednwhitearmy said:

100% disagree.

7.1?

yes

his overall performance was not a 7 at all. Never mind a 7.1!

awful

Agree to Disagree. You sent me an IM saying that I should be more respective of other people opinions. I believe that now to be a hyporcritical statement. Clichy did extremely well in defence, and on the wings was quite solid, except for a few air balls. 7.1 was show he was MOTM for Arsenal.

gunnerGH

Established Member

rednwhitearmy said:
Agree to Disagree. You sent me an IM saying that I should be more respective of other people opinions. I believe that now to be a hyporcritical statement. Clichy did extremely well in defence, and on the wings was quite solid, except for a few air balls. 7.1 was show he was MOTM for Arsenal.

No, i sent you a PM saying why you shouldnt insult someone and take on board what they say

rednwhitearmy said:
Your existence is like a school in liverpool....pointless

How did I insult you?

agree to disagree though. That is correct.

stuart

Established Member
I may as well......

Lehmann-7- Made a few good saves

Eboue-7- Pretty quiet
Gallas-7- Defended well but is too calm at times
Toure-6.5- O.K, poort first half
Clichy-7- Quite good, has serious issues clearing his lines though

Hleb-6- Meh, not bad, not great
Fabregas-7- Some good passes but wasn't too involved
Gilberto-5.5- Poor passing
Diaby-6- Looked lost once he got forward
Ljunberg-7- Played quite well, got stuck in

Adebayor-6- Bad, not a lone striker when we are going for the win

Subs -5- time to go Ali and Baps

dos1986

Established Member
Lehmann - 6 Gave ous a few scares as he normaly does,but overall he did ok.

Eboue - 5 Average

Gallas - 6 Did well against the pace of Martins and Duff.

Toure - 5 His nervousness spread to the whole team,he was very lucky a few times too with Martins and Taylor winning a few headers against him.

Clichy - 6.5 Played well but his crossing and decision making in the attacking half is disgraceful.

Hleb - 5 Usual pancy perfomance.

Diaby -6 Poor decision making as usual,but he was the only one that showed any bit of creativity,can be a very good player.

Gilberto-6 Average performance

Fabregas - 5 Poor didnt get ous going at all.

Ljungberg - 5 A waste of space,his whole game has gone to ****,no pace,no touch,cant shoot,flamini would have been better.

Adebayor - 4 Im sick of the sight of this man,how this man can be considered as decent back up for Henry or Rvp Is beyond me,there are plenty of better strikers in the championship.It wouldnt suprise me if he didnt score again this season.

Endris

Jens: 7.5 Great save, solid and mad but but never lost control. The most entertaining person on the pitch, too

Eboue: 6 Meh. Not sure about the "injury". :roll: Shaky in defense, some good moments up the pitch

Toure: 5.5 Some wtf moments

Gallas: 7 Good game, communicates well with Jens, also shows some passion in defending his team mates

Clichy : 7.5 Well done, lad!

Fabregas: 6 Obviously mentally tired as hell. Unusually sloppy with passing

Gilberto: 5 Meh

Diaby: 5.5 Not much impact on the game

Freddie: 6 Still has the right mentality, some good passes and runs into the box but no endproduct (not that anyone else is having any so this is no criteria to judge him)

Hleb: 6 Meh. Actually had a shot on goal

Ade: 4.5 Not good enough. Incapable of picking up assists, sloppy with headers

Attitude: 3 with exception of Gallas, Toure, Lehmann and Freddie

JML

Jens - 5, untested.
Eboue - 5
Toure - 6
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 3. Not sure where these 7s are coming from. **** game, fooled by James ****ing Milner a couple times. His crosses also aren't really crosses, more like clearances 60 yards up the field.
Gilberto - Invisible.
Cesc - 5
Diaby - 5. Wtf was he trying to do to Onyewu?
Freddie - 6
Hleb - 6
Ade - Bad game, but little service.

Baptista - 10, just for the look he gave the ref after his foul. Scary.
Ali - 2

Zico

Established Member
Sometimes I wonder about the scales we are using when rating players. We need to benchmark. If for example Senderos against Blackburn in FA Cup is a 1 and Aliadiere vs Liverpool in Carling Cup is a 10, then I find it hard to believe that any player should be rated higher than 6 today.

Definitely, nobody is worthy of man of match accolades after such a shocker.

Lukazan

Established Member
gunnerGH said:
stuart said:

I agree, not like him.

He looked very low on confidence. and from your captain thats not good news

Not like him?

Which Gilberto have you been watching over the years? He's capable of nice passing at times, but generally he's one hell of a sloppy passer.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Lukazan said:
gunnerGH said:
stuart said:

I agree, not like him.

He looked very low on confidence. and from your captain thats not good news

Not like him?

Which Gilberto have you been watching over the years? He's capable of nice passing at times, but generally he's one hell of a sloppy passer.

really, ive always though he was half decent. Fair enough, according to you he's always been a sloppy passer.

Still, looked very low on confidence, but who didnt!

Arsenal Quotes

What does Arsenal mean? It means class. The structure of the Club, everything has a classy feel about it. It isn't always about success, there is more than that and this is what makes it a cut above the rest.

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom