• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Newcastle United vs Arsenal | 09/04/07

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
Newcastle United Team Statistics Arsenal
0 Goals 0
0 1st Half Goals 0
1 Shots on Target 1
4 Shots off Target 4
3 Blocked Shots 1
3 Corners 6
13 Fouls 15
6 Offsides 3
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
42.8 Possession 57.2

gunnerGH

Established Member
rednwhitearmy said:
0 Goals 0
0 1st Half Goals 0
1 Shots on Target 1
4 Shots off Target 4
3 Blocked Shots 1
3 Corners 6
13 Fouls 15
6 Offsides 3
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
42.8 Possession 57.2

Wrong thread I think mate

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
gunnerGH said:
rednwhitearmy said:
0 Goals 0
0 1st Half Goals 0
1 Shots on Target 1
4 Shots off Target 4
3 Blocked Shots 1
3 Corners 6
13 Fouls 15
6 Offsides 3
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 0
42.8 Possession 57.2

Wrong thread I think mate

It links in. When judging player ratings.

kel varnsen

Established Member
lehmann - 6
eboue - 5,5
toure - 6
gallas - 6
clichy - 5
hleb - 6
diaby - 4
gilberto - 5
cesc - 6
ljungberg - 5
ade - 5

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lehmann - 6
Eboue - 5 - Lazy in defending. Letting him going forward doesn't mean he can stroll back when opponents are doing quick counter attacks. If he was sold to Serie A team, I wonder if he would make as many starts as he has done with Arsenal.
Kolo - 6
Gallas - 6
Clichy - 6 defended well but why he kepted dribbling forward instead of doing diagnoal crossing? Clichy commited himseld too far up several times.
Hleb - 5 - What was he doing and how could Wenger let him keep doing this?
Diaby - 6 - Aerial advantage in the middfle of the park? You are having a laugh.
Gilberto - 7
Cesc - 6
Lunberg - 6
Ade - 5 - must be tired.

Bap - 4
Aliadiere - 3 - I can't believe he could pass the ball properly to another Arsenal player who just stood three feet away from him.

Wenger 3 - clueless.

IBL

Established Member
Lehman 6 - clean sheet and one good save, did all that was asked of him

Eboue 6 - ok
Toure 6 - decent but shaky at times
Gallas 6.5 - solid enough
Clichy 6.5 - Good runs, poor final balls at time

Hleb 5.5 - slightly better overall
Cesc 6 - not himself
Gilberto 6 - sloppy passing, mopped up well at times
Diaby 6 - some delightful touches but goes missing for too long in games
Freddy 6.5 - fighting attitude, showed composure in penalty box from which we almost scored

Ade 5.5 - tired performance

americanarf

Established Member
dos1986 said:
Lehmann - 6 Gave ous a few scares as he normaly does,but overall he did ok.

Eboue - 5 Average

Gallas - 6 Did well against the pace of Martins and Duff.

Toure - 5 His nervousness spread to the whole team,he was very lucky a few times too with Martins and Taylor winning a few headers against him.

Clichy - 6.5 Played well but his crossing and decision making in the attacking half is disgraceful.

Hleb - 5 Usual pancy perfomance.

Diaby -6 Poor decision making as usual,but he was the only one that showed any bit of creativity,can be a very good player.

Gilberto-6 Average performance

Fabregas - 5 Poor didnt get ous going at all.

Ljungberg - 5 A waste of space,his whole game has gone to s**t,no pace,no touch,cant shoot,flamini would have been better.

Adebayor - 4 Im sick of the sight of this man,how this man can be considered as decent back up for Henry or Rvp Is beyond me,there are plenty of better strikers in the championship.It wouldnt suprise me if he didnt score again this season.

Sad but true ... good in the air blah blah my ass.

Biggus

Established Member
Re: Newcastle VS Arsenal Player Ratings

rednwhitearmy said:
Aliadiere - 5, false sense of hope when he came on. We all wished that he would pull some not so miraculous finish, but it didnt happen.

Hope? from Aliadiere....

Here are my ratings-

Redandwhite- 10 for eternal optimism and belief in the team. :wink:

curtland

Biggus said:
rednwhitearmy said:
Aliadiere - 5, false sense of hope when he came on. We all wished that he would pull some not so miraculous finish, but it didnt happen.

Hope? from Aliadiere....

Here are my ratings-

:D Seriously. My heart wasn't set aflutter when I heard Ali was coming out.

I still thought we'd have a better chance of a goal out of Gallas.

Grampus_Eight

Lehmann: 6
No big mistakes. Not asked to do much, but did enough. Looked dodgy on a couple of occassions like when he was almost chipped, but he failed to command the box on a couple of free kicks. One of the better performers though.

Clichy: 5.5
A bad patch of form lately. He's never played anywhere near this number of matches in a season before (at any level probably) and isn't sharp. Milner made his look foolish on more than one occassion, but especially on the one where the commentator said that Milner pulled a Bergkamp on him (for that delightful touch at Newcastle). His heading and clearances were poor and not just on the one occassion where he handed them a goal. Final ball incredibly poor as well. Not ability to hit the ball with his right foot and his failed cross was embarrasing even for a sunday leaguer. Then again Hleb has hit worse shots this season. What Gael does have though is the right attitude. He works. He runs. And he is always looking to get forward and sprint back when needed. He is certainly running on fumes right now and has never had to focus for this many games. He is basically in his first season and is struggling at the moment, but he's a good person and professional. His all-action style can trick us on days like today, but he was ineffective attacking and was average in defense.

Toure: 6
The Warrior King continues to look off. He's played too many games at too high a speed or is suffering from a really tough patch in form. He gave everything against West Ham and played like a man possessed and furious after the Zamora goal. Running everywhere, inspiring the only emotional moment (a great tackle) of the match. But today he was off the boil and looked uncomfortable. Ultimately did enough.

Gallas: 6.5
Some bad moments in the first half when he failed to clear the ball several times and put us under pressure. In the second half he was one of the brighter spots though. But like the majority of the squad he couldn't inspire anything.

Eboue: 4.5
One of the worst out there (again). Perpetually sinned against and never sinned. A paranoid weirdo at this point. Where is the real Eboue? The one with blistering pace and the ability to dribble by his man with ease anywhere on the pitch? His season should be over right now. Hasn't been fit since November and weakening mentally all the time. Hopefully next season he can get fit, confident and slightly less crazy. By the way, in the fracas at the end of the match, had Duff pulled a bridge and gone down, Eboue would have gotten another ban - perhaps a 5 match one this time around as he appeared to have attempted to slap Duff. Idiotic again, but nothing new here. I would like to see Toure play on the right and Djourou in the center or vice-versa. A lineup with Senderos and without Eboue is certainly preferable. Maybe even one with Justin Hoyte...who is one of the most limited and lazy players I've seen at Arsenal. Maybe Lauren should have been kept until the summer?

Freddie: 5.5
Honest effort without any result (again). Makes some intelligent runs and gets around the pitch working pretty hard, but the magic is gone. Looked better against West Ham when playing off Adebayor - where his good runs were rewarded with some passes. He will never be close to the player he used to be. He's been just about the best performer lately, but he cannot be depended upon except to put in a good shift. He can't cut it anymore. And since this squad has almost no chance at the league next season, he has got to be another casualty of rebuilding unless 2-3 super, super players are on their way to the Emirates. Freddie could be a bit part player who keeps Walcott on the bench and perhaps Fran in the the reserves for another season, but unless the quality to challenge on european and domestic fronts is coming, he has got to be sold while he has some value left.

Gilberto: 6
Newcastle couldn't keep the ball in midfield and despite some bad passes and a bad miss for a potential goal the stand-in skipper had a quietly effective match. He is vital to the team and cannot be sold off in the summer. It's trite, but true to say that he's part of the solution not part of the problem.

Cesc: 6
Wenger is taking an incredible and unnecessary risk with Fabregas right now that seems - from the outside - very irresponsible. The kid has been running on fumes for far too long and needs a real break. His performances have and continue to be far below the standard he has set. Physically he is having all sorts of problems and looks really slow at the moment and his positioning in the last few matches has been really poor. Gave away a lot of balls in the midfield and continues to mis-time a lot of tackles (more Paul Scholes than Cesc Fabregas). But he is the gear that makes this side tick. He's also Arsène's new Henry: undroppable despite his bad form. Why does Arsène have so little confidence is Rosicky and Diaby to pair with Gilberto in the center of midfield?

Hleb: 5
Started off with some real directness and pace. Has so much in his feet and seemingly so little in his head/heart. Great to see him shoot (although an easy save for Given) when he could have and almost always does pass. But Hleb isn't a 90min player and these days he looks like a 30min player at best. Arsène refuses to drop Hleb, but it is so frustrating to watch the Belarussian. I would like to see Hleb yell at his teammates some time though instead of taking **** for his mistakes all the time. But that's his personality and because of it, it's harder and harder to see him as a success at this club. Probably too much pressure here.

Diaby: 5
I would be tempted to give him a lower rating since he really struggled out there, but the fault lies with the Boss for playing him at the top of the midfield. Freddie did relatively well playing closest to Ade against West Ham, but he is moved out wide and instead of letting Hleb play his actual position central attacking midfield or letting the Beast or Rosicky play up there, the Boss opts for Diaby. Blahhhhhh

Adebayor:5
Can't buy a goal right now. Finishing is awful. Hasn't scored in the league since December!!! Usually can be counted on for work-rate and some great touches and link-up play though. Not today.

How Rosicky and Djourou didn't figure in this one is beyond me.

Big questions on the futures of Lehmann (contract), Eboue (crazy, injury-prone), Freddie (washed-up), Hleb (ineffective, weak).

And from a development standpoint:
Clichy: Positional/zonal defending, heading and final ball.
Diaby: Needs more games.
Adebayor: Has got to improve his finishing. (Bergkamp to coach him up?)

fab4girl

stuart said:
I may as well......

Lehmann-7- Made a few good saves

Eboue-7- Pretty quiet
Gallas-7- Defended well but is too calm at times
Toure-6.5- O.K, poort first half
Clichy-7- Quite good, has serious issues clearing his lines though

Hleb-6- Meh, not bad, not great
Fabregas-7- Some good passes but wasn't too involved
Gilberto-5.5- Poor passing
Diaby-6- Looked lost once he got forward
Ljunberg-7- Played quite well, got stuck in

Adebayor-6- Bad, not a lone striker when we are going for the win

Subs -5- time to go Ali and Baps

i agree with these ratings though i would give Clichy 6 for making those really poor crosses when he went forward.

Zico

Established Member
I don't know why Clichy is being ranked highly in so many posts. The man had a nightmare on defense. He is very easy to turn and get past. He's an all or nothing defender, often not doing enough or going for a tackle and missing completely. Plus his final ball was poor. Does show energy and commitment though. For that, I'll give him a 5.

Lehmann - 6
wasn't called into action much but made at least one good save.

Gallas 6
comfortable defending. Lack of Newcastle threat means he couldn't have earned a higher score.

Toure 5
hasn't been the same since Cardiff. Could we please find someone else to take free kicks from long range. No team wastes dead balls like Arsenal, and this includes Toure's woeful free kicks.

Clichy 5
see above

Eboue 4
a lot of dramatics, little product.

Fabregas 5
the boy is a shadow of the man who was challenging Drogba and Ronaldo for player of the season a few months ago

Gilberto 4.5
wasn't as committed as he was against West Ham. Poor passing

Hleb 4.5
dribbled around beautifully without getting his teammates involved. had a decent chance, but otherwise stagnated offense in front of box.

Ljunberg 5
typical pointless running around. He's lost without the iceman

Diaby 5
largely lost, didn't impose himself physically. not ready to play a prominent role on a winning team.

Adebayor 5
likes to play with his back to goal too much - often misses lovely throughballs, and is therefore partly responsible for Hleb's poor grade above.

Wenger 4
looked a little green today. Maybe he's envious of the teams above him. Couldn't do much about his subs. However, playing Fabregas/Diaby/Gilberto at the expense of another attacker when the team is not scoring is bizarre. I'm certain now that he'll learn from his mistakes!

Endris

quincy42 said:
I don't know why Clichy is being ranked highly in so many posts. The man had a nightmare on defense. He is very easy to turn and get past. He's an all or nothing defender, often not doing enough or going for a tackle and missing completely. Plus his final ball was poor. Does show energy and commitment though. For that, I'll give him a 5.

Lehmann - 6
wasn't called into action much but made at least one good save.

Gallas 6
comfortable defending. Lack of Newcastle threat means he couldn't have earned a higher score.

Toure 5
hasn't been the same since Cardiff. Could we please find someone else to take free kicks from long range. No team wastes dead balls like Arsenal, and this includes Toure's woeful free kicks.

Clichy 5
see above

Eboue 4
a lot of dramatics, little product.

Fabregas 5
the boy is a shadow of the man who was challenging Drogba and Ronaldo for player of the season a few months ago

Gilberto 4.5
wasn't as committed as he was against West Ham. Poor passing

Hleb 4.5
dribbled around beautifully without getting his teammates involved. had a decent chance, but otherwise stagnated offense in front of box.

Ljunberg 5
typical pointless running around. He's lost without the iceman

Diaby 5
largely lost, didn't impose himself physically. not ready to play a prominent role on a winning team.

Adebayor 5
likes to play with his back to goal too much - often misses lovely throughballs, and is therefore partly responsible for Hleb's poor grade above.

Wenger 4
looked a little green today. Maybe he's envious of the teams above him. Couldn't do much about his subs. However, playing Fabregas/Diaby/Gilberto at the expense of another attacker when the team is not scoring is bizarre. I'm certain now that he'll learn from his mistakes!

At the moment they should let Lehmann take the freekicks. No, seriously, he has a very powerful and precise shot and I saw him take a penalty once. How he tricked the keeper. :mrgreen:
He probably wouldn't make it back into his own box in time, though.
Anyone got a clip of that scene? I will see if I can find one, it's worth watching.

gunnerGH

Established Member
fab4girl said:
stuart said:
I may as well......

Lehmann-7- Made a few good saves

Eboue-7- Pretty quiet
Gallas-7- Defended well but is too calm at times
Toure-6.5- O.K, poort first half
Clichy-7- Quite good, has serious issues clearing his lines though

Hleb-6- Meh, not bad, not great
Fabregas-7- Some good passes but wasn't too involved
Gilberto-5.5- Poor passing
Diaby-6- Looked lost once he got forward
Ljunberg-7- Played quite well, got stuck in

Adebayor-6- Bad, not a lone striker when we are going for the win

Subs -5- time to go Ali and Baps

i agree with these ratings though i would give Clichy 6 for making those really poor crosses when he went forward.
Dont forget the awful headed clearance in the box which gifted duff a shot from a yard out; which he missed.

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens 7
Eboue 6
Toure 6
Gallas 5 for passing back to Lehmann every single time
Clichy 5
Hleb 5
Gilberto 4
Cesc 5
Ljungberg 5
Diaby 5
Ade 5

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob

Biggus said:
rednwhitearmy said:

Hope? from Aliadiere....

Here are my ratings-

what i meant by that was that in the forum while the game was on, people honestly wanted to believe/believed that Aliadiere could make a difference, but in the end didnt have enough to work with apart from not-so good chance.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom