• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: Reading vs Arsenal | 22/10/06

Lukazan

Established Member
Lehmann - 6.5 Pulled off a great save after swiping at the ball and had little else to do. One or two dodgy short passes though.

Hoyte - 7 Really good game I felt.. he has been impressing me lately.

Toure - 7 Solid through the whole thing.

Djourou - 6.5 Lost the ball carelessly once which Reading could have scored from, but had a few great moments and he is improving with each game.

Gallas - 7 Fills Cole's shoes as an attacking fullback quite nicely.

Gilberto - 6 Great with his defensive duties but ffs, some of his passing at times! Sick of saying that.

Hleb - 7 Not his best game, but he was decent enough and scored a lovely goal. Also had the vision to see RVP and pick him out for his goal.

Fabregas - 8 Brilliant. Picking out passes all day long and completely dominated the midfield.

Rosicky - 7.5 Great game. Gave the ball away sloppily on one or two ocassions but a real menace and a quality, quality addition to this team.

RVP - 6 His shooting and decision making was off today but he linked up fairly well with the team and also scored a goal.

Henry - 7.5 Good performance, really looked up for it. Superbly taken first goal and a great penalty.

liridon

Lehmann - 6.5

Hoyte - 7

Toure - 8

Djourou - 6

Gallas - 8

Gilberto - 7

Hleb - 8

Fabregas - 9.5 * in my opinion he was man of the match)

Rosicky - 7 what a miss

RVP - 8

Henry - 8.5

sabret00the

Established Member
Lehmann - really is a keeper of another class - 8

Hoyte - had a solid game but i still felt he could've imposed himself when we were attacking more - 7

Toure - he's a fanstastic defender - 8

Djourou - had a solid game and a late show of strength always works - 7

Gallas - i have no idea why, but i felt he was the weak link today despite seeing a mistake or too from Djourou, - 6

Hleb - Nice to have him scoring, he worked well and was instrumental in our performance for the first hour - 7

Rosicky - he didn't have his best game today, couldn't impose himself on the game as i'd have liked, was easily my first choice for substitution. - 6

Fabregas - MUNSTARRRRRRR - 8 (MOTM)

Gilberto - Quiet game for him, done all that was asked minus the slip - 7

van Persie - back in his free role, looked good, imposed himself on the game and as time went on it was nice to see him coming more and more to life, looked assured too - 7

Henry - Nice performance, looked really in tune with the team and the players - 7

NIPOLOPO

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Lehmann - really is a keeper of another class - 8

Hoyte - had a solid game but i still felt he could've imposed himself when we were attacking more - 7

Toure - he's a fanstastic defender - 8

Djourou - had a solid game and a late show of strength always works - 7

Gallas - i have no idea why, but i felt he was the weak link today despite seeing a mistake or too from Djourou, - 6

Hleb - Nice to have him scoring, he worked well and was instrumental in our performance for the first hour - 7

Rosicky - he didn't have his best game today, couldn't impose himself on the game as i'd have liked, was easily my first choice for substitution. - 6

Fabregas - MUNSTARRRRRRR - 8 (MOTM)

Gilberto - Quiet game for him, done all that was asked minus the slip - 7

van Persie - back in his free role, looked good, imposed himself on the game and as time went on it was nice to see him coming more and more to life, looked assured too - 7

Henry - Nice performance, looked really in tune with the team and the players - 7

I go with that, just need a slight bit of change. I give Rosicky -7, because of his positioning and slick passing. but he should though've scored those two one on one chances.

Great performance all in all.

(BTW, I totally like this new Sabret, he is a changed man :lol:)

lehmann- nothing to do really but kept a clean sheet 7
hoyte- impressive and solid didn't get beaten once 7
toure- impressive and solid as ever 7.5
djourou- a bit slack and lucky at times but still solid 6.5
gallas- not his best didn't look that happy today but still performed will 7
hleb- ever present and ever a threat 8
rosicky- linked up well with hleb 8
fabregas- very influential and fantastic vision and passing 9
gilberto- lost the ball a number of times 6.5
van persie- scored a goal 7
henry- commanding 9

song- some neat touches but not enough time seems a good prospect 6
walcott- good run 6
adebayor- only noticed his new hair do very suave 6

ultimus

liridon said:
Lehmann - 6.5

Hoyte - 7

Toure - 8

Djourou - 6

Gallas - 8

Gilberto - 7

Hleb - 8

Fabregas - 9.5 * in my opinion he was man of the match)

Rosicky - 7 what a miss

RVP - 8

Henry - 8.5

wow, you must watched the wrong game. RVP 8 and Rosicky 7??! the only time RvP did well today is scoring a sitter goal. he's not just missed so many oppurtunity, they were not even funny the broadcaster 'refused' to replay the scoring oppurtunity. not to mention, goalie must be very relieved everytime Persie got the ball.

thank god Hleb saved Persie's face by giving him chance to score.

kevlinefm

Jens Lehmann - A few world class saves! 70% of the game he's just watching the game though 8/10

Hoyte - Did well to protect the right flank, but still not good enough. Needs improvements 7/10

Toure - Dominant, solid rock as usual 8/10

Djourou - Always recover quickly from an error, uses his physical strength well. But he needs to be more careful. 7.5/10

Gallas - He actually made a couple of errors today, exposing the left flank. But he was pretty good at supporting the left flank. 7.5/10

Hleb - Loses the ball in numerous ocassion, but he's dangerous throughout the game on the right side of Arsenal. I guess he misses Eboue. Lol! 8/10

Fabregas - What more can I say? 8 year contract for him, an evident genius today! Master class, we have our own Kaka already! Control the midfield, boss it and made our attack work. 9/10

Gilberto - Gilberto is his usual self. Lol! Loses the ball in a couple of ocassions, but that's the real Gilberto. Hehe.. 7/10

Rosicky - He and Hleb have built up a tremendously superb attacking partnership! Just witness Hleb's goal and you'll realise that. 8/10

van Persie - Overall he's still a wasteful striker. But he's worked hard. Needs to improve his finishing though and he needs to learn to play it simple (because he always makes things difficult for himself) 7/10

Henry - No doubt, he links up well with Fabregas. I've already noticed this since last season. The Henry-Fabregas link would be perfect when both click on! 8.5/10

Ginger_Reyes

Lehmann - Passing and distribution were awesome today - 8

Hoyte - All those hoyte bashers where are you now? He's a right back ffs, its not his fault he's been told to play at LB in the past. Solid and didn't look out of place. -7

Toure - Another solid performance - 8

Djourou - Very calm on the ball and made some great runs into the midfield. Made a few slip-ups but hey, where all human. - 7

Gallas - Very average game by his standards. He seemed fatigued, probably due to the CL game. - 6

Gilberto - Two dodgy passes in the entire game. Overall a quality game from our invisible wall. - 8

Hleb - Still can't cross the ball to save his life and seems to run out of idea's sometimes, but did well today and linked up great on the right. Well taken goal. - 8

Fabregas - Pulled the strings as usual. What can this boy not do? He even won a few bruising tackles. Great cut back for the first goal, great vision, great everything! - 9

Rosicky - Brilliantly combining with Henry and Cesc, this lad has hit the floor running. Unlucky not to score as the goalie came out well to smother his shot. - 8

RVP - Another so-so performance from Mr vPersie. Was selfish on two occasions during breaks and his crossing was woeful. His hard work and goal saved him from a 5. - 7

Henry - More like this please Mr Henry. I think I even saw a wry smile on his face after his penaly conversion. A great captains performance. - 9

lagos

Established Member
Lehmann - 7

Hoyte - 7.5 ( definitely more comfortable @RB one of his best displays)

Toure - 8 ( does exactly what it says on the tin)

Djourou - 7

Gallas - 7

Gilberto - 7.5

Hleb - 8

Fabregas - 9

Rosicky - 7.5

RVP - 7 (performance only warranted a 6 but got extra point for the goal)

Henry - 8.5 ( there are rumours the King is back)

ade - 6

theo - 5.5

song - 5 (was this just Arsène being stubborn? sorry to spoil the mood after such a great display but can't we just loan him out?)

Dennis10

ultimus: I'm surprised you manage to find something that negative after today's beautiful team performance. Van Persie didn't shine like Hleb, but did just fine. His finishing was surprisingly bad, but even Henry had some poor efforts today. I paid extra attention to Robin today, and I have to say that his movement was brilliant. Won the ball several times to..

hujja

Established Member
Jens- Nothing to do for most of the match but stood firm when called into action, although he did have one or two 'Mad Jens' moments. 7

Justin- He impressed me today. He knew what his job was and he did it well. Also made some great runs down the wing and could've scored. 8

Kolo- It's King Kolo. Nuff said. 8

Johann- He was generally solid although he did lose his concentration at times and almost cost us a goal. 7

William- He's slowly clawing his way back to fitness and didn't do much to talk about in the first half. Really came to life in the second half and had me questioning "Ashley who?" 8

Aleks- He recovered well from that ballistic performance in Moscow and got a goal and an assist to boot. Great game from him. 8

Cesc- Absolutely stellar performance. Clearly he is among the best midfielders in the English Premiership and eventually the world. His passing was of the highest quality and he fought for every single ball. He almost got a goal too! He's my Man of the Match. 9

Gilberto- Gilberto defended well although he did give the ball away a couple of times and put us in awkward positions. 7

Tomas- He linked up excellently with the team but could've had a bigger impact on the game. He was also the victim of some poor finishing. 7

Robin- From his first half performance I thought it was going to be one of those games for Robin. But he really stepped up his game in the second half and became a massive threat. Scored too. 8

Thierry- Our captain was in inspired form. He tore their defense a new one and scored a great goal and a slightly off penalty. He's my Man of the Match runner-up. 9

Subs- Ade and Theo came on too late to make much of an impact but what really struck me was just how quickly we transformed from a free-flowing attacking team to Tottenham in just a couple of seconds when Song came on. His first touch was horrible and his headers always went back to the opposition.

Meek

Lehmann 8
Hoyte 8
Toure 8
Gallas 8
Djourou 7
Hleb 8
Rosicky 7
Gilberto 8
Fabregas 9
Van Persie 7
Henry 9

next time wenger bring on theo earlier when we crusing. i would have liked to have seen walcott get more game time.

maxxx

Lehamnn - 7

Hoyte - 8

Toure - 8

Djourou - 8

Gallas - 7

Hleb - 8

Rosicky - 8

Fabregas - 10 MOM

Gilberto - 7

RVP - 2

Henry - 9

ASkergonan

GUNNERS4L1FE said:
Jens-7
Hoyte-7.5
Toure-8
DJ-7
Gallas-7
Hleb-7.5
Rosicky-7.5
Giblerto-7
Fabregas-9 MOM
RVP-7
Henry-8

I'll agree with that except I think Rosicky and Hleb deserve 8.5's. Cesc, Hleb, and Rosicky were sensational!

Tycochphil

Two things (I watched the game on television so may have missed some details)
1. why Song ? Am I missing something ? Is he great in the reserves, or in training ? I trust Arsène 100% BUT I don't see Song becoming an Arsenal regular player. Maybe a loan is the answer but i agee that when he came on the team went downhill.
2. RvP - I know he has his fans and his anti-fans but I don't blame him for any of his attempts at goal today. haven't we been saying that we don't shoot often enough ? Well he tried, OK they weren't great but he'll come good !

maxxx

his shots were f*cking miles off, his passing was atrocious and his defending was non-existent.

His blind fans will still give him the MOM though. :roll:

Dennis10

maxxx said:
his shots were f*cking miles off, his passing was atrocious and his defending was non-existent.

His blind fans will still give him the MOM though. :roll:

I've not seen one single RvP-fan in here who is as biased in favour of him as you are against.

Rohit

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
Lehmann 7
Hoyte 6
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Djourou 7
Hleb 7,5
Rosicky 7
Gilberto 6
Fabregas 8
Van Persie 6
Henry 8

I'll go with those ratings too,inclined to give Hleb an 8,but thats about the only change i'll make

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom