• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Player Ratings - PL: West Ham United vs Arsenal | 26/10/08

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Player Ratings

Almunia - 8 (other than his mis-communication with Gallas in the first half, thought he was pretty solid overall with a few key saves thrown in there..good to see his confidence up - it shows in his play)

Eboue - 6 (OK..nothing extremely terrible, nothing extremely great)

Silvestre - 6 (See Eboue)

Gallas - 6.5 (Slightly better than the rest.. made a couple good tackles in the box - better from the captain, but not great)

Clichy - 6 (See Eboue)

Walcott - 6 (was the best of our midfield.. not saying much)

Song - 4 (too slow, did not pressure the ball as much as he should have, lots of fouls and another booking)

Fabregas - 5 (poor for his standards)

Nasri - 4 (poor 2 games in a row.. did nothing really...

Van Persie - 6.5 (played poor in the first half, but took a few good shots in the second including the FK off the post and Green's nice save)

Bendnter - 7 (would have gotten a 6, but he linked up well with Ade and played him alone at the end for securing the points

Subs -

Adebayor - 8 (changed the game.. those gangly rubbery legs created the goal as he danced in the box and tried to cross.. also a well taken goal at the end that Green grossly misplayed)

Diaby - 6 (decent with the ball, but was Ade who really changed the game)

Sagna - 5 (did nothing, but good to see him back)

arsmile

Established Member

Al-8- one great save, otherwise good work

Eboue-6.5- decent match, definitely our back up right back...none of this djourou/song/toure nonsense

Galas-7- good match

Silvestre-6- getting into the swing of things, isn’t an exceptional player but will do a job for us

Clichy-6-thought he looked tired today, good defending but not a whole lot of offensive work other than misfired crosses

Theo-6.5- some decent running, some poor decision making, all round decent work, and is looking a lot stronger and more able to hold the ball in posesion

Cesc-6- hasn’t hit brilliant form this season, looks long too readily in my opinion- did alright

Song-6- did what he does, may well edge out denilson in the long term purely on defensive instincts, but he is not as gifted going forwards- can be found lacking technically, no problems with his performance today though

Nasri-5- didn’t really turn up today

Vanpersie-7- unlucky not to score today- the one day when his shots are not going into orbit, he gets unlucky. Otherwise decent work- particularly out on the right when ade came on

Bendtner-6.5- lots of credit for the great ball to ade, was a constant physical presence but didn’t really get anywhere near to scoring

Ade-8- turned the game, more or less got the winner and then the second

Diaby-5.5- contributed offensively but sloppy in possession (as he always is- starting to think, as gifted as he is, he’ll be an out-right liability in the centre of the park)

Sagna- glad he’s back fit, we’ve missed him

ricky1985

Established Member

Almunia - 8. Did everything well, and is really beginning to look like a top keeper.

Eboue - 7. Solid in defense, anonymous going forward.

Clichy - 7. Again very solid, but needed to support Nasri a lot more. He is playing too safe at the moment. He must be lacking some confidence.

Gallas - 9. Absolutely mountainous peeformance. If he plays like that he can be the centreback we need.

Silvestre - 7. He is getting there. Very strong and commanding, both in the tackle and in the air.

Walcott - 8. Thought he looked devastating everytime he got the ball in any kind of decent position or space. Could have hurt them so much more if only the team looked for him more. I really dont understand it? Nor do I understand why he was subbed, although it obviously paid dividence.

Nasri - 5. Hasnt settled yet, and is too worried about making a mistake to fully express himself. A few moments of class thrown in as a preview of coming attractions.

Fabregas - 6. Not bad just not Fab. I think he is slowly but surely finding his form and fitness.

Song - 7. Cant decide whether or not I was mightily impressed, sounds strange I know. He sometimes looked ponderous and slow, but he really is built like a tank. He uses the ball well at times and then inexplicably gives it away.

Van Persie - 8. Got better and better as the game wore on. Looked so comfortable on the right, as everyone except Wenger already knew. Very unlucky not to score.

Bendtner - 7. Similar to Song. Charles Dickens springs to mind; it was the best of times it was the worst of times.

Subs;

Diaby - 6. Didnt really notice him much.

Adebayor - 8. Now thats the Ade I remember. Where have you been hiding?

TomasCR

Established Member

Almunia 8
Eboue 6
Gallas 7.5
Clichy 7
Silvestre 6
Walcott 6.5
Fabregas 6
Song 6.5
Nasri 5.5
Bendtner 6.5
van Persie 7

Adebayor 9
Diaby 6

qs

Established Member

True Gooner said:
I wasnt convinced by Song tbh. Not saying that he was bad or anything, (I dont think Fabregas was that much better) but not extraordinary.

Song was ****.

kel varnsen

Established Member

Almunia 7
Eboue 4
Gallas 6
Silvestre 5
clichy 5
Song 5
Fabregas 7
Walcott 6
Nasri 6
Bendtner 7
van Persie 5

Adebayor 6

qs

Established Member

Almunia 8
Eboue 6
Gallas 6
Silvestre 6
clichy 8
Song 5
Fabregas 7
Walcott 7
Nasri 5
Bendtner 6
van Persie 7

Adebayor 8

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

kel varnsen said:
Eboue 4

Nasri 6

Adebayor 6

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

you gave Nasri (who did absolutely nothing) a higher rating than Eboue? and the SAME rating as Adebayor?

alrighty then

arsmile

Established Member

USArsenal said:
kel varnsen said:
Eboue 4

Nasri 6

Adebayor 6

you gave Nasri (who did absolutely nothing) a higher rating than Eboue? and the SAME rating as Adebayor?

alrighty then

i used to think that kel's ratings were always ludicrous, now i realise, we've got to match each player with the corresponding number ourselves- it's like puzzle

kel varnsen

Established Member

USArsenal said:
kel varnsen said:
Eboue 4

Nasri 6

Adebayor 6

alrighty then

nasri moved well off the ball and kept pace on our passing game. far from brilliant, but adequate. eboue was defensively poor and offered very little going forward. sloppy passing as well at times.

adebayor scored a good goal and set up our first goal nicely. that was about it.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

kel varnsen said:
nasri moved well off the ball and kept pace on our passing game. far from brilliant, but adequate. eboue was defensively poor and offered very little going forward. sloppy passing as well at times.

adebayor scored a good goal and set up our first goal nicely. that was about it.
i 100% disagree with everything you just said...

thought Nasri was awful and contributed virtually nothing.. he didnt keep anything moving and i thought was not adequate.. knowing how he can play, he was very poor today.. (and against Fener)

Eboue wasnt defensively poor.. there were one or 2 times he was caught, but we kept a clean sheet and when that happens, no one in the defence deserves a 4

and Ade scored a goal and set out first OG up.. thats "all" he did? he was a substitue and played 20 minutes.. what more do you want from a sub? he won the game for us

General

Established Member

I thought Nasri played with back to goal far too many times and was easily marshalled off the danger areas by Faubert (sp?) There’s still an element of naivety in his game which is why i feel the comparisons with Hleb are sometimes unwarranted. I don’t want to be too harsh with this being his maiden season and all that but he was average at best.

arsmile

Established Member

General said:
I thought Nasri played with back to goal far too many times and was easily marshalled off the danger areas by Faubert (sp?) There’s still an element of naivety in his game which is why i feel the comparisons with Hleb are sometimes unwarranted. I don’t want to be too harsh with this being his maiden season and all that but he was average at best.

nasri loves exchanging the short passes with the players around him- those are usually clichy, denilson, and ade.

I dont know for sure, obviously- but the fact that song played on his side for the majority of the game and neither bendtner nor robin were too inclined to pull out to the left in the first half, meant that he was left a little isolated, or at least had to try and play a different game. It did look like song wasnt particularly interested in the little one-twos down the left wing.

but for whatever reason nasri was poor today

the dawn raids

Established Member

qs said:
True Gooner said:
I wasnt convinced by Song tbh. Not saying that he was bad or anything, (I dont think Fabregas was that much better) but not extraordinary.

Song was s**t.

yeah, because actually adding some presence to your midfield for once is totally not what you want.

:roll:

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

i actually didnt think he added anything but fouls and slowness on the ball..

however, that said, we won the game, so Im happy

qs

Established Member

If by presence you mean **** passing, slow reactions and making **** all difference then you are correct, it is "totally not what you want."

General

Established Member

arsmile said:
General said:

nasri loves exchanging the short passes with the players around him- those are usually clichy, denilson, and ade.

I dont know for sure, obviously- but the fact that song played on his side for the majority of the game and neither bendtner nor robin were too inclined to pull out to the left in the first half, meant that he was left a little isolated, or at least had to try and play a different game. It did look like song wasnt particularly interested in the little one-twos down the left wing.

but for whatever reason nasri was poor today

There were times when Faubert was there for the taking but he then wove around with back to goal and then went backwards. He obviously lacks the brisk movement of Walcott but I feel he could’ve shown more initiative than he did today. Still learning of obviously.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom