• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Porstmouth vs Arsenal: player ratings

TomasCR

Established Member
Fabianski 4

Sagna 3
Djourou 4
Song 5
Eboue 4

Walcott 4
Denilson 3
Ramsey 4
Arshavin 5

Bendtner 5
Vela 4

GaelForce22

Established Member
Are you serious?

Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 8

Walcott 7
Ramsey 6
Denilson 6
Arshavin 8

Bendtner 8
Vela 8

Zico

Established Member
Fabianski 8

Sagna 8
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 7

Walcott 6
Denilson 5
Ramsey 6
Arshavin 7

Bendtner 7
Vela 7

Wenger 7 - sends a team out to play Arsenal football. With a few quality additions, and positional changes, we should employ the same ethos against United

go49oner

Established Member
Fabianski 7

Sagna 6
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 6

Walcott 7
Denilson 6
Ramsey 6.5
Arshavin 6.5

Bendtner 7
Vela 6.5

Invincible

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Fabianski 4

Sagna 3
Djourou 4
Song 5
Eboue 4

Walcott 4
Denilson 3
Ramsey 4
Arshavin 5

Bendtner 5
Vela 4
:lol:

Fabianski 8
Djourou 8
Song 6
Eboue 7
Sagna 8
Denilson 7
Ramsey 7
Walcott 5
Arshavin 7
Vela 6
Bendtner 7

Bischoff 6
Merida 5
Randall N/A

M+D

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 8
Song - 6
Djourou - 7.5
Eboue - 7

Walcott - 6
Denilson - 5.5
Ramsey - 6
Arshavin - 7.5

Bendtner - 7.5
Vela - 7

ricky1985

Established Member
Holy christ Tomas, get out the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Fabianski - 7. One or two great saves, and did well on their big chances, still a little suspect from set-pieces and balls into the box.

Sagna - 6. Brilliant in the first half, but was tested by Utaka in the second

Song - 6. Looked good bringing the ball out of defense, but struggled with the long streak of piss that is Peter Crouch.

Djourou - 6. Similar to Song , only handled Crouch a little better. Both centrebacks were woefully exposed by our midfield in the second half.

Eboue - 7. Got down the line well, one or two dangerous crosses. Not tested defensively.

Walcott - 6. Gives us an edge when he's on, he creates so much space. I wish he'd show some god damn composure though.

Ramsey - 7. Some nice passing, in truth he looks a long way of first XI standard though.

Denilson - 6. Looks even further than Ramsey from the first XI. Both centre midfielders were powerless to prevent the second half Pompey onslaught.

Arshavin - 7. Some exquisite touches, but generally took it easy.

Vela - 7. Has everything about him. Although he's only 5'9", he is ridiculously strong, and excellent with his back to goal. He'll be a starter next season imo.

Bendtner 7. If he loses the ego he could become a very good player. Always takes him about 3 hours to release the ball because he is so busy trying to find a way to make himself look good.

Subs

Bischoff - 5. Neat and tidy, but didn't exactly put himself out to impress anyone.

Merida - 7. Nice touches, some good passing, and he looks 10 times quicker than a year ago.

Randall - 5. Similar to Bischoff.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Fabianski 7
Djourou 8
Song 7
Eboue 7
Sagna 7
Denilson 6
Ramsey 7
Walcott 5
Arshavin 7
Vela 6
Bendtner 7

Bischoff 6
Merida 5
Randall N/A

hackajack

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Bendtner 7. If he loses the ego he could become a very good player. Always takes him about 3 hours to release the ball because he is so busy trying to find a way to make himself look good.
You do read some right old bollox on here but every now and again you get some ultra bollox like this. First his passing was pretty crisp and second when it was slower it's because he's trying to make sure he's got it under control and/or pick out someone in space.

ricky1985

Established Member
hackajack said:
ricky1985 said:
You do read some right old bollox on here but every now and again you get some ultra bollox like this. First his passing was pretty crisp and second when it was slower it's because he's trying to make sure he's got it under control and/or pick out someone in space.

I don't like his game. I think he's greedy, selfish, and too slow in his decision making. I think we lose so many opportunities to create because he isn't aware enough of what is around him. Watching Bendtner and Arshavin in close proximity is like night and day. If that's 'ultra bollox' then so be it. It's what I think.

Kraig

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
Holy christ Tomas, get out the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Fabianski - 7. One or two great saves, and did well on their big chances, still a little suspect from set-pieces and balls into the box.

Sagna - 6. Brilliant in the first half, but was tested by Utaka in the second

Song - 6. Looked good bringing the ball out of defense, but struggled with the long streak of piss that is Peter Crouch.

Djourou - 6. Similar to Song , only handled Crouch a little better. Both centrebacks were woefully exposed by our midfield in the second half.

Eboue - 7. Got down the line well, one or two dangerous crosses. Not tested defensively.

Walcott - 6. Gives us an edge when he's on, he creates so much space. I wish he'd show some god damn composure though.

Ramsey - 7. Some nice passing, in truth he looks a long way of first XI standard though.

Denilson - 6. Looks even further than Ramsey from the first XI. Both centre midfielders were powerless to prevent the second half Pompey onslaught.

Arshavin - 7. Some exquisite touches, but generally took it easy.

Vela - 7. Has everything about him. Although he's only 5'9", he is ridiculously strong, and excellent with his back to goal. He'll be a starter next season imo.

Subs

Bischoff - 5. Neat and tidy, but didn't exactly put himself out to impress anyone.

Merida - 7. Nice touches, some good passing, and he looks 10 times quicker than a year ago.

Randall - 5. Similar to Bischoff.

spot on ricky.

TomasCR

Established Member
Fabianski 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 7

Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Ramsey 7
Arshavin 7.5

Bendtner 7.5
Vela 7

Jameel46

Established Member
Fabianski: 7
Djourou: 7.5
Song: 6
Eboue: 7
Sagna: 7
Denilson: 7
Ramsey: 7
Walcott: 6
Arshavin: 8
Vela: 7
Bendtner: 7.5

the dawn raids

Established Member
Pepe LeFrits said:
Vela gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

of course hes going to get knocked off the ball by defenders who have 6 inches and 40 pounds on him though. i think he uses his frame and strength to shield the ball and keep posession quite well. hes still slightly too slow in releasing the ball and keeping it moving, but that will come with games. really looking forward to him having an increased role next season.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 8
Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Song 7
Eboue 7
Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Ramsey 7
Arshavin 8
Bendtner 7
Vela 7

Bischoff 6
Merida 6
Randall 6

Proof

Established Member
Fabianski 8

Sagna 8
Song 7
Djourou 7
Eboue 7

Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Ramsey 7
Arshavin 7

Vela 7
Bendtner 7

Subs:
Bischoff 5
Randall 5
Merida 5.5

stiiphunn

Established Member
Fabianski 8 - made some brilliant saves.

Sagna 7
Song 6
Djourou 6
Eboue 7 - good runs from him I thought.

Walcott 6 - good movement but lacks composure.
Denilson 7 - good I thought in midfield.
Ramsey 7
Arshavin 7 - an assist, fouled on the pen. He did his job but took it easy.

Vela 6 - good in front of the goal but his overall game is still a bit poor imo.
Bendtner 7 -

Arsenal Quotes

I still have an interest in training and development, in the stages that make it possible for players first to acquire technique (between 7 and 12) and then to develop physically (between 12 and 16), then to deepen their mental resilience (between 17 and 19) and finally between 19 and 22 to acquire what is critical, like the roof of a house without which all the rest rots away: intelligence and motivation

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom