• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Porstmouth vs Arsenal: player ratings

outlaw_member

Established Member
Biggus said:
I agree Outlaw but he still can't finish for sh!t and in an attacker thats err a disadvantage.

I forgot to add that his finishing needs drastic improvements.

By the way, does anyone know how many headed goals Bendtner and Adebayor have clocked up?

Unforgiven

Established Member
Fabianski 6.5
Sagna 6
Song 6
Djourou 5.5
Eboue 7
Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Ramsey 6
Arshavin 7.5
Vela 7
Bendtner 7.5

GaelForce22

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
Biggus said:
I agree Outlaw but he still can't finish for sh!t and in an attacker thats err a disadvantage.

I forgot to add that his finishing needs drastic improvements.

By the way, does anyone know how many headed goals Bendtner and Adebayor have clocked up?
Adebayor - Blackburn, Porto, Middlesbrough, Hull, Man City (5)
Bendtner - Cardiff, Newcastle, Portsmouth (3)

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
Just to stir the **** Im gonna point out Arshavin's MOTM.....a certain Denilson of whom he said....

“Denilson, who played central midfield, in my opinion, was master of all the players. He selected and made all the passes to those around him”.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Just to stir the s**t Im gonna point out Arshavin's MOTM.....a certain Denilson of whome he said....

“Denilson, who played central midfield, in my opinion, was master of all the players. He selected and made all the passes to those around him”.
Sack turnip Arshavin. Wenger out. David Villa > Pat Rice.

True Gooner

Established Member
irishgunnerz said:
Just to stir the s**t Im gonna point out Arshavin's MOTM.....a certain Denilson of whom he said....

Lies.

Denilson got Arshavin's pics too! :shock:

progman07

Established Member
I've read that Arshavin had 12 (!) tackles against Portsmouth. That's just wow, for a forward playing at the wing he has put in serious amount of work.

Oh and about Denilson, hopefully Arshavin helps him because Denilson is absolutely lost nowadays - it's nice to see the Russian praise the youngsters, it can only raise their confidence.

True Gooner

Established Member
progman07 said:
Oh and about Denilson, hopefully Arshavin helps him because Denilson is absolutely lost nowadays - it's nice to see the Russian praise the youngsters, it can only raise their confidence.

So that was a pity MOTM? ;)

Nela

Established Member
progman07 said:
I've read that Arshavin had 12 (!) tackles against Portsmouth. That's just wow, for a forward playing at the wing he has put in serious amount of work.
Where did you read that? The only place I could find with any info was the Yahoo player stats which said Arshavin had 1 along with Bendtner and Theo. Ramsey, Vela, Djourou, Song, Merida had 2. Sagna 5. Denilson 8.

sesquioxide

banduan said:
yahoo stats are awful though

The Guardian is authoritative since it charts the detail (e.g. time) of every single tackle, shot, interception, and pass:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/chalkboards/create</a>

Arshavin did make 1 single successful tackle out of 4 attempts, while Denilson did make 8 successful tackles out of 9.

(In other words, Yahoo wasn't wrong.)

Speaking as one who hasn't watched the game and judging from the Guardian's raw data about the direction and number of passes, I do think Arshavin has a case in saying that Denilson was the "master of all the players". Denilson had the dominant number of passes and he looks like he was helpful in moving players forward. I do have to note though that Ramsey has some very interesting data. He seems to have a very high rate of pass completion for the distance and forward direction of his passes. In this respect he even outperforms Fabregas in his terrific performance at the Old Trafford victory 2 seasons ago. Promising stuff.

asajoseph

Established Member
In other words, there's more than one way of measuring tackles statistically.

Perhaps it would be interesting to see what Arsenal.com have to say, as they've often had very different numbers in this regard to other websites. But frankly, I've had enough of the statistical guff for this season.

With regards to this particular match, I do think Denilson really showed up in the last 20 minutes or so, when he started playing well. Up until that point though, he was very poor.

progman07

Established Member
Nela said:
progman07 said:
Where did you read that? The only place I could find with any info was the Yahoo player stats which said Arshavin had 1 along with Bendtner and Theo. Ramsey, Vela, Djourou, Song, Merida had 2. Sagna 5. Denilson 8.
In the Lobby :eek:ops:

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
ricky1985 said:
I don't like his game. I think he's greedy, selfish, and too slow in his decision making. I think we lose so many opportunities to create because he isn't aware enough of what is around him. Watching Bendtner and Arshavin in close proximity is like night and day. If that's 'ultra bollox' then so be it. It's what I think.

When I see Bendtner, I see;

74257236.png

He is the hub of the attack, and the quick, intelligent, off the ball runners just feed off his energy. I've noticed him play atleast a small part in a large majority of attacks we build, when he is on the pitch. The reason he never works as well with Adebayor and RVP, is because they also play the same type of role.

Bendtner's weaknesses are that his technique at times is not up to speed with his brain. He also needs to work on his final ball, when he drives at the opposition backline. My worry is that, he is still 2-3 years away from a legitimate first team chance, mainly because big players tend to take a while developing.

Nice paint job!

I think Bendtner has it in him to become a very good player but at the moment he takes far too long to release the ball, I think he often chooses the wrong option, or takes so long to play the pass that the right pass has become the wrong pass.

I feel whenever he plays he is seriously hampering our creativity and fluidity in the final thrid.

outlaw_member

Established Member
I see your point, and I agree with it to an extent, as he does have plenty of room for improvement. Although, a player like Bendtner is important in how creative and fluid you can potentially be in the final 3rd. Think of Arshavin and co. as the sexy strippers, who strip dance around a pole, in other words Bendtner. :wink:

law

irishgunnerz said:
Just to stir the s**t Im gonna point out Arshavin's MOTM.....a certain Denilson of whom he said....

I'm glad Arshavin feels that way. I think Arshavin's helped a lot of our players because he's very good at building partnerships. He can anticipate what his team-mates want to do, what they want him to do and how they like to play far better than any of our current players. In the Portsmouth match I thought he worked really well with Eboue. Both are players who try to do something with the ball when they get it rather than keep it safe. I think most of our other players don't see where Eboue wants them to move when they're in possession and don't know where he's likely to move when they have the ball but Arshavin's so good that's not a problem. Also Andy seemed very willing to cover for Eboue when he bombed forward. I've been surprised by the little Russian's willingness and ability to defend. Although he's obviously far better than most of our players he's willing to adapt to how they play as well as expecting them to adapt to him.

Arsenal Quotes

As a club, we have an educational purpose: to give back to those people who love Arsenal so that they learn moral values from our game and how we behave.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom