• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Porstmouth vs Arsenal: player ratings

jay-d

Established Member
Fabianski 7 - Will be a gook keeper in a few years.

Sagna 7 - Decent
Song 7 - Decent , done well against crouch
Djourou 7 - Decent
Eboue 8 - Good penetration

Walcott 7 - Lively a bit wasteful but we are better with him
Denilson 4 - He's just rubbish
Ramsey 7 - Looked a tidy player must be ahead of Dirty Den next season
Arshavin 7 - Too Easy for him, he had another 3 gears.

Vela 7 - Good , looks liek he could lose a few pounds.
Bendtner 7.5 Much better behind a striker with movement

progman07

Established Member
TomasCR said:
Fabianski 7

Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 7

Walcott 6
Denilson 6
Ramsey 7
Arshavin 7.5

Bendtner 7.5
Vela 7
Swap Vela's and Bendtner's ratings and it's perfect.

Arshavin is just too productive, it's too much for me after watching Hleb get 7 assists during his best year, playing at the position Arshavin rarely can.

Also, Vela showed again he deserves to star in my avatar. :wink:

I thought Ramsey did well, played some very good passes, like the one which led to the Portsmouth defender' red card after Ashavin was running at the keeper.

The game got boring in the last 10 mins, but otherwise a perfect day for us.

No.8_Wright

Fabianski 6 - Not much to do but made a few good saves but still looks susceptible at crosses.

Sagna 7 - No problems
Song 7 - Done well against Crouch most of the time
Djourou 7 - No worries for him
Eboue 8 - One of our best players today which is strange for me to say, thought he took on Pompey and started a lot of our attacks. Good game.

Walcott 7 - Very lively but sometimes still doesn't have that final ball which frustrates. Got a lot better at getting away from challenges though.
Denilson 6 - Thought he did alright, broke up some plays and hassled the Pompy midfield but still wasteful with the ball at times.
Ramsey 6 - Looked ok and tidy but didn't really influence the game much. Needs to get about the midfield more and make more challenges but decent enough from him.
Arshavin 7 - Always looks dangerous, sometimes he was a little lazy with the ball but I think that was just because he could be.

Vela 8 - Done really well and was strong against Campbell and Distin on occasion which impressed me and great finish.
Bendtner 7.5 - Done well today, good confidence to take the pen but thats definitely not the thing he lacks!

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
GaelForce22 said:
Are you serious?

Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Djourou 7
Song 6
Eboue 8

Walcott 7
Ramsey 6
Denilson 6
Arshavin 8

Bendtner 8
Vela 8

Would probably drop Theo to a 6 but otherwise completely agree.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Fabianski 7
Sagna 7
Song 6
Djourou 7
Eboue 8
Walcott 6
Ramsey 6,5
Denilson 6
Arshavin 7,5
Bendtner 7
Vela 7,5

sesquioxide

jay-d said:
Denilson 4 - He's just rubbish
Ramsey 7 - Looked a tidy player must be ahead of Dirty Den next season

Man, I know it's popular to slate Denilson, but isn't that just going way too far? I wonder what nicknames you have in store for Eboue.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski: 7

Djourou: 7.5
Song: 6
Eboue: 7
Sagna: 7

Denilson: 6
Ramsey: 6
Walcott: 5
Arshavin: 7

Vela: 7
Bendtner: 7.5

Good win.

xcdude24

Established Member
Efficient win- thought we did well as a team but nobody really individually stood out for me.

Fabianski- 7

Sagna- 6.5
Djourou- 6.5
Song- 6.5
Eboue- 7/7.5

Walcott- 5.5
Ramsey- 6
Denilson- 6.5
Arshavin- 7

Vela- 6.5- lower if he didn't score. The kid's got loads of potential but he's still not there yet.
Bendtner- 7. Worked hard, deserved his goals. As someone mentioned earlier, he functions SO much better with a striker with movement. Ade and Bendtner will never work.

Wenger- 8. Efficient lineup, and he played a mentality that we'll need against United on tuesday. Given the context, this has been the best lineup he's deployed in a while.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Really, what's up with the fairly low ratings for Song today? I thought he was fantastic. Took a lot of responsibility and barely put a foot wrong. He's showing a matureness to his game right now that is a class above any other young player in our squad. My man of the match by far.

Fabianski: 6 for that ridiculous reflex save.
Sagna: 6
Song: 8
Djourou: 6
Eboue: 8

Walcott: 5
Ramsey: 6
Denilson: 6
Arshavin: 7

Vela: 6
Bendtner: 6

True Gooner

Established Member
Pepe LeFrits said:
Vela gets knocked off the ball far too easily.

Not really. He's actually pretty strong for someone of his height.

Granted he'll never win shoulder-to-shoulder but he's really good at holding players off with his back.

asajoseph

Established Member
I'm not going to bother with numbers, but apart from the first 15 minutes of the second half, I thought we played a really good, dominant game today.

Nobody really stood out over 90 minutes, but pretty much everyone had a period of the game where they put in a good shift, and made a very solid contribution.

With regards to individuals, I thought Eboue did a good job up the left - a legitimate option for Tuesday perhaps. Song doesn't look quite right for a central defender to me - caught on his heels too often, and doesn't quite get it positionally. Ramsey was solid all night, whereas Denilson was poor until the last 20 minutes or so when he started putting his foot in and actually showed up. Walcott was electric in the first half, and vanished in the second.

Their period of pressure came because they made two very good substitutions - John Utaka is a good player, and Jermaine Pennant has no right starting games in front of him, whereas Kanu can be excellent if given too much space and time in front of the defence. Both moves were smart, and really set us on our heels at a time when we seemed to be taking our foot off the gas and letting Pompey see too much of the ball in our half.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
Really, what's up with the fairly low ratings for Song today? I thought he was fantastic. Took a lot of responsibility and barely put a foot wrong. He's showing a matureness to his game right now that is a class above any other young player in our squad. My man of the match by far.

I thought his reading of the game was poor. He fell for the one-two far too many times.

kel varnsen

Established Member
fabianski - 6
sagna - 7
song - 6
djourou - 5
eboue - 6
walcott - 6
denilson - 7
ramsey - 6
arshavin - 6
vela - 6
bendtner - 7

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I don't like his game. I think he's greedy, selfish, and too slow in his decision making. I think we lose so many opportunities to create because he isn't aware enough of what is around him. Watching Bendtner and Arshavin in close proximity is like night and day. If that's 'ultra bollox' then so be it. It's what I think.

When I see Bendtner, I see;

74257236.png

He is the hub of the attack, and the quick, intelligent, off the ball runners just feed off his energy. I've noticed him play atleast a small part in a large majority of attacks we build, when he is on the pitch. The reason he never works as well with Adebayor and RVP, is because they also play the same type of role.

Bendtner's weaknesses are that his technique at times is not up to speed with his brain. He also needs to work on his final ball, when he drives at the opposition backline. My worry is that, he is still 2-3 years away from a legitimate first team chance, mainly because big players tend to take a while developing.

Biggus

Established Member
I agree Outlaw but he still can't finish for sh!t and in an attacker thats err a disadvantage.

arsmile

Established Member
Biggus said:
I agree Outlaw but he still can't finish for sh!t and in an attacker thats err a disadvantage.

yeah, but he's no worse than ade in that department.

Viking

arsmile said:
Biggus said:

yeah, but he's no worse than ade in that department.

While Ade has certainly missed his chances over the last few years, he's also shown a level of finishing ability Bendtner hasn't even come close to. His goal against Villarreal at home is a good example of this.

Arsenal Quotes

As far as i'm concerned, Tony Adams is the effing Empire State Building

Ian Wright

Latest posts

Top Bottom