• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 10/11 - race for the title

Where will Arsenal finish in the league this year?

• First

Votes: 96 38.7%
  • Second

Votes: 52 21.0%
  • Third

Votes: 70 28.2%
  • Fourth

Votes: 22 8.9%
  • Fifth or lower

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters

Emma Lusa

Kroket said:
Whether those decisions were right or wrong, pointing fingers at other people when you haven't done the absolute maximum yourself is not the right thing to do. If we know we've done everything we could in order to win and then suffer because of poor refereeing decisions, alas. But the harsh truth is we've been our own worst enemy and most of our dropped points are our own fault. We could and should have prevented that regardless of the referee.

Excellent post and hits the nail on the head .... Utd bring on two attacking players who lift the crowd, one of them then makes a supreme effort and gets on the end of a cross, they then easily hold a 1-0 lead. That sentence sums up why they will win the title and we won't, it's about application, desire, and quality subs all of which we seem to lack .....
Our first 11 are good our impact subs are not ... that's the difference and it's not that hard to fix - Kronke / Arsène over to you .....

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
fabo said:
Looked like Anichebe had overran the ball anyway, bit like Gerrard against us last season when Gallas tripped him but the ball was out of his control.

The Evans/Beckford incident could have been a pen though.

Neither were a pen imo. From the highlights it looked like they deserved their 3 points yesterday.

Hernandez is annoyingly good, his movement is world class.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Emma Lusa said:
Excellent post and hits the nail on the head .... Utd bring on two attacking players who lift the crowd, one of them then makes a supreme effort and gets on the end of a cross, they then easily hold a 1-0 lead. That sentence sums up why they will win the title and we won't, it's about application, desire, and quality subs all of which we seem to lack .....
Our first 11 are good our impact subs are not ... that's the difference and it's not that hard to fix - Kronke / Arsène over to you .....

I agree with Kroket and your post too in general Emma but erm, Hernandez started, he wasn't a sub. Giggs, Owen and Evra were.

sammy89

This sense of entitlement 'should have won the league' nonsense ought to be discouraged. The only thing a team deserves to do at the beginning of the season is to play in all the competitions they qualified for. The rest you have to work towards.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Arsenal GP 34 - Pts 64
Man City GP 32 - Pts 56
Spuds GP 33 - Pts 55

We have Man United, @ Stoke, Villa, @ Fulham

Best case is we get 8 points (D, D, W, W)

More realistic is we get 5 points (L, D, W, D)

That would put us at 69 points. If Spuds win all of their remaining fixtures, they'd be at 70 points. They have @ Chelsea, Blackpool, @ Man City, @ Liverpool, Birmingham.

So 4th place should be safe at least.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
This is entire season is a joke. I know we've been here before but somehow this feels worse than last year. I genuinely thought we'd do it this year, or at least would be in it until the final whistle at Fulham. It's just taking the piss really.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Second place, and we ****ed it up,
Second place, and we ****ed it up,
Second place, and we ****ed it up!

God, the very least kind of progress was to finish second in the most pathetic of title challenges ever. Second for the first time since 2005.

No, we just had to break down again in abysmal fashion, even by our own standards.

I wouldn't say I've been an optimist before this season started, but it's unbelievable how this lot managed to turn my thinking completely around.

My glass is half empty and everything's black now.
Thanks for that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We return to our love the 3rd place chelsea the team have a s**t season they are now 2nd and lets wait if we will lose the 3rd place too thx you arsenal really thx you from hope to f**king heart break

Webdesignlab

Established Member
This has been a Massive, Epic, Great fun thread ... it really has ... take a look anywhere through it at random ... classic.

MAK 14

Established Member
**** 4th. We HAVE to be getting 3rd. We cannot end up playing qualifies to get into the CL next season after challenging for the title for so long. With City 8 points behind us with 2 games in hand I'm genuinely getting worried.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Mentally this season was even worse for me than 08/09. At least in that season we knew we weren't good enough for the title early on and had fun in the CL, reached the semi, had fun in the FA Cup, reached the semi too. Being close yet so far in those still hurt less then the emotionally draining months put into a challenge that ultimately sends a shock to the system by showing that the team have hardly improved at all on the whole.

Whoever is the eventual champion of this year's EPL, congratulations to them. Despite it being a dire year, for one team to be sensible and find form/results at the right time deserve it anyway. They've taken their chance. Don't know how long we'll need to wait until we next take ours.

Y va marquer

Established Member
This season has been the worst so far for me.

Firstly because I truly believed watching us play in January and February that we were realistic and strong title challengers.

When we beat Barca I thought we'd had our watershed moment and would kick on from there.

How wrong I was to ignore weaknesses exposed during the November period of our season.

Secondly it's become the season where I have lost faith in Wenger and his ability to manage a team through the hard cruel final months of the season.

March and April have brought nothing but pain and disappointments on the Arsenal watching front.

The little glorious moments like seeing goals scored never last because they are nearly always accompanied by the dread that we'll concede.
And we do.

I'm afraid I'm not as generous as you Oohtobe.
It chokes me to think that United will win this.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Kroket said:
This is entire season is a joke. I know we've been here before but somehow this feels worse than last year. I genuinely thought we'd do it this year, or at least would be in it until the final whistle at Fulham. It's just taking the piss really.

It's definitely worse this season. We went to Wigan at the back end of last season with Eastmond in midfield, Campbell and Silvestre in defence and Bendtner leading the line. Rosicky started too. Today we had our best line-up bar one defender, hugely worrying.

More slips to come aswell I'd guess. No way we beat all of United, Stoke and Fulham....I'd be happy with 5 points tbh.

Someone should compile our points totals from the last 10 games of recent seasons, would not be pretty reading.

Armor for Sleep

Established Member
Looks like we're going to finish with a worse total than last season... i thought we were supposed to be a young team improving every year. Time for Wenger to smell the coffee.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
fabo said:
Someone should compile our points totals from the last 10 games of recent seasons, would not be pretty reading.

2009/2010: 17/30
2008/2009: 23/30
2007/2008: 18/30
2006/2007: 13/30

So we did best in 2008/2009 when the pressure was gone anyways, we only failed to beat Liverpool, Chelsea and Man Utd then. Last season's point tally of 17 was mainly thanks to a three game winning streak at the beginning of March against Burnley, Hull and West Ham. 2007/2008 we mainly lost out before the final 10 games, with draws against Wigan, Birmingham, Villa and Middlesbrough. 2006/2007 was just a terrible season, we were never even close to winning something.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We done now, I predict one more loss and then we will start winning again.

As painful as this season is, there is nothing new here. We fell away at the usual point of the season, displayed the usual defensive bull that we have seen over the last few years and of course were "entertained" by Wenger and his shifting goalposts.

Im disappointed in myself for falling for it again. I suppose love truly makes you blind to the faults. As much as we want to deny it, do we know that our season will be decided by September 1st (deja vu feeling again). No changes and enter the same cycle again.

Oh yes, at that time we will have made a flying start and would have just come flying off the Emirates Cup 2011.

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
I think the players honestly believe it's over. They'll say what they feel is right on twitter, etc. but even they must feel the weight of the job at hand is getting too much to bear.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom