• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
If we are to do a serious job of rebuilding next season it would be better, in my opinion, to be out of both CL and EL

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Just realised we haven’t got another game as it stands after Rennes next week until April 1st.

Lacaz1fan

It comes down to away games now.
8 games to go. 5 away, 3 home.
Home games: Newcastle, Palace, and Brighton. All winnables, only tricky one is Palace, but we have the advantage.

Away games:
Everton, Watford, Leicester, Burnley and Wolves. No easy games, but 5 very winnable games.

We dont really need to win all 8 games. Take 9 points from home games and take 10 out of 15 away games and we finish with 79 points. Enough to take top 4.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

1 point behind Sp**s after everything. I honestly thought top 4 wasn't gonna be on this season but we've now got 3rd place well within our grasps. Hopefully we can now go on a run of racking up the points. Sp**s still have to go to both Liverpool and City while they're dropping points vs the smaller sides too now. Finishing 3rd this season would be absolutely remarkable achievement from Emery all things considered, top 4 would be exceeding expectations too. We can do this.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

It's in our own hands. That's all you can ask for. I'd rather have our fixtures than any of our rivals.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
After this weekend result using the PL calculator to predict results, unless we **** it up with the way we play away I see us coming in third around 79-80 points.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
It's in our own hands. That's all you can ask for. I'd rather have our fixtures than any of our rivals.

I wouldn't.

Thanks to Sp**s and their stadium shenanigans, we've got 5 away games to end the season with. 4 on difficult grounds where we've lost or drew in recent years.

Wolves, Everton, Watford and Leicester.

In a way, I would rather we had one or two big games in there because we would take them more seriously than a game against Watford or Wolves.

Sp**s have the best fixture list if we're being honest. Home games against Brighton, Palace and Huddersfield. Everton at home last up and Everton players don't have anything to play for right now as it is. By May they'll be all on a beach mentally.

Here's hoping moving into a new stadium in the middle of a season cripples them. I think its a stupid move, might as well play out the rest of the season at Wembley but Sp**s will be Sp**s.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
3pts more and we equal last season (63) 15 pts more to equal 2016/17 (75)

24pts available, so we should be looking at close to 80. Surely that would get us 3rd or 4th.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Imagine if Auba had scored that pen against Sp**s... we would have had top 4 sealed now. Still in a great position.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I wouldn't.

Thanks to Sp**s and their stadium shenanigans, we've got 5 away games to end the season with. 4 on difficult grounds where we've lost or drew in recent years.

Wolves, Everton, Watford and Leicester.

In a way, I would rather we had one or two big games in there because we would take them more seriously than a game against Watford or Wolves.

Sp**s have the best fixture list if we're being honest. Home games against Brighton, Palace and Huddersfield. Everton at home last up and Everton players don't have anything to play for right now as it is. By May they'll be all on a beach mentally.

Here's hoping moving into a new stadium in the middle of a season cripples them. I think its a stupid move, might as well play out the rest of the season at Wembley but Sp**s will be Sp**s.

They’re going away to the two toughest teams in the country. That’s anything but easy.

Also Palace only show up in away games.

They’re going away to the two toughest teams in the country. That’s anything but easy.

Also Palace only show up in away games.

Five-Thirty Eight already has those two losses baked in, and Sp**s are still projected third. For them it all comes down to how they take to their new stadium.

My guess:
If Arsenal can win three of their away games they are in

If Sp**s win all of their home games, they are in.

If Chelsea can beat United and Liverpool, they are in.

If United can beat Chelsea and City... and Sp**s or arsenal slip up, they are in.

Also noticed : United and Arsenal play Cardiff and Burnley on final day, probably the last two teams fighting relegation at that point.

remains

We have tough away games left and our away form is terrible. Top 4 will be a struggle make no mistake.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
I don’t even think our away form is that bad. If you look at the actual results there’s two stinkers in there (defeats to Southampton and West Ham), a couple of poorish draws at Brighton and Palace and then the rest is draws and defeats away at the top 6 which are games you’d not expect to get much out of (even then we should’ve won at Old Trafford and against Sp**s).

Without the top 6 our away form is P9 W5 D2 L2, an average of 1.88 points per game. If we can replicate that and win our home games we’ll finish on around 78 points which should be enough for top 4.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom