• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 2018/19: The Fight for a CL Spot

Where do you foresee us finishing this season?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
No,if we finish 4-th and Chelsea win EL,we go to CL,unless Utd or Sp**s win CL( if they finish outside top 4 ).Which probably won't happen.

Yep this is correct. The things to remember are that: (1) EL & CL winners get an automatic spot; and (2) maximum number of clubs allowed in the CL from one country is 5.

4th spot only loses out if CL and EL are won by English clubs finishing outside the top 4, which is extremely unlikely.

Yep this is correct. The things to remember are that: (1) EL & CL winners get an automatic spot; and (2) maximum number of clubs allowed in the CL from one country is 5.

4th spot only loses out if CL and EL are won by English clubs finishing outside the top 4, which is extremely unlikely.

So if we finish 4th and Chelsea finish 5th and win the EL, both us and Chelsea are playing the CL next season? Just to be clear.

TorontoGooner76

i hate the europa league .... please get 4th.... this year Sp**s didnt buy anyone, Man U and Chelsea sacked their managers..... so no excuses.
To be fair we also have a new manager this year as well as a few new players that have played fairly key roles this year. Let us not take the attitude of a few of the other top 6 sides, which is one of entitlement.

Sorry to say, we have to work for top 4 but we have put ourselves in a decent spot to do so down the stretch.

avalonhse

i hate the europa league .... please get 4th.... this year Sp**s didnt buy anyone, Man U and Chelsea sacked their managers..... so no excuses.

Why no excuses? We sacked our manager too, not to say one of the greatest manager in the club history.

CL or not, having 4th/5th in the 1st season is a good start for Emery.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
Why no excuses? We sacked our manager too, not to say one of the greatest manager in the club history.

CL or not, having 4th/5th in the 1st season is a good start for Emery.
nah...no excuses means no excuses....no weaseling out..... 4th place was never good enough for us.....we wanted to "challenge"

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
To be fair we also have a new manager this year as well as a few new players that have played fairly key roles this year. Let us not take the attitude of a few of the other top 6 sides, which is one of entitlement.

Sorry to say, we have to work for top 4 but we have put ourselves in a decent spot to do so down the stretch.
no excuses ... where's the confidence? stable team. 2 50M+ strikers, fit ramsey and Özil, new DM + CB +GK purchase...no excuses. If we dont get 4th at least, we have only ourselves to blame.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Only scenario us getting out is if ManU finish 5th and Chelsea 6th and they win CL and EL in that case our top 4 is useless.

say yes

forum master baiter
Isn't there a hypothetical fa cup finish that would keep 6th place in epl out of Europa?

No. The team in 6th would still qualify but would have to start in July rather than going straight through to the groups.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
If ever there was a match that screamed for VAR, this was it. Not that I'm particularly anxious to see Cardiff stay up (I'm not at all), but that may have cost them relegation. Maybe you can debate whether Rudiger should have gotten a red card, but I wasn't even concerned about that goal because it was so far and so obviously offside that there was no way it could have counted. Yet it did. Missing a call by inches is one thing, but that's simply unacceptable.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Cardiff have had 30 other games to get more points. I welcome VAR but not really a big fan of "this is the decision that....." which will inevitably be talked about in the media if Cardiff go down. Yes bad call and VAR will help but this decision alone isn't sending Cardiff down.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Nobody said that this decision alone would send Cardiff down. But it spoiled their opportunity to get three vital points in the race to survive. That may well make the difference in the end. It's one thing to be relegated because you played badly at most points of the season (such is the case with every club that finds itself in a relegation scrap). It's yet another to be victimized by such a blatantly awful non-call in such a crucial situation.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Nobody said that this decision alone would send Cardiff down. But it spoiled their opportunity to get three vital points in the race to survive. That may well make the difference in the end. It's one thing to be relegated because you played badly at most points of the season (such is the case with every club that finds itself in a relegation scrap). It's yet another to be victimized by such a blatantly awful non-call in such a crucial situation.

I've already seen pundits and writers on social media saying that that decision probably just cost Cardiff relegation, £100 million etc. My main issue is that this one moment will be isolated and not looked at in context of the whole season. Cardiff will almost certainly go down but this shouldn't be pointed at as the reason why (not that I'm saying you are)

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Cardiff have had 30 other games to get more points. I welcome VAR but not really a big fan of "this is the decision that....." which will inevitably be talked about in the media if Cardiff go down. Yes bad call and VAR will help but this decision alone isn't sending Cardiff down.
They voted against VAR so....

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom