• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 2 (Aug 18-21)

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Obviously chuffed with the result, but I think we're also a bit lucky to play this Chelsea team so early in the season. Tons of new players, new manager, not even close to gelling yet etc.

Quite obvious how the signing of JWP will probably keep us safe from relegation, we'll probably break the record for set piece goals this season :lol: Moyes likely spent his entire career having wet dreams about pairing up a player like Soucek with JWP.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I’ve been busy this weekend. Only just got round to seeing the Mitoma goal. My word. Reminiscent of some pl legends that goal was. Shades of Henry and Hazard

m-due

Dumpster Fire GIF by MOODMAN

All the Chelsea signings since January got more losses than wins. We need an “All or Nothing” doc asap.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
In the 65th min. I honestly thought the game was over for West Ham as Chelsea dominated them with 11 men. But if anything they got worse playing 10 men
They actually created nothing after westham went to 10 men thier 2nd half performance is somehow worse than utd yesterday

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Watched it with my West Hams mate and love rooting for them beating the Chavs.

I've always said JWP is very underrated.

JWP is effectively Beckham without the media hype (although unlike Beckham, JWP can also pass the ball on the deck).

Bloodbather

Established Member

Mudryk is just like Daniel James at United. People saw the speed and thought he was going to be amazing. He's now playing at relegated Leeds.
Nah. James was just speed, Mudryk has ball skills. That foul he won on the left with a stepover is something James couldn't dream of.

outlawz

Watched it with my West Hams mate and love rooting for them beating the Chavs.

I've always said JWP is very underrated.

JWP is effectively Beckham without the media hype (although unlike Beckham, JWP can also pass the ball on the deck).

Wrong! Beckham played for Real Madrid, AC Milan and Man Utd whilst being one of the better players on the pitch. JWP's claim to fame will be operating Saka's bidet.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Wrong! Beckham played for Real Madrid, AC Milan and Man Utd whilst being one of the better players on the pitch. JWP's claim to fame will be operating Saka's bidet.

Would Beckham played for them if it wasn't for his media presence and popularity? Of course not.

Playing Beckham ahead Macca (who actually was Madrid's best player after Redondo at one time and not someone who was brought to come off the bench to sell shirts like Beckham) for England was truly diabolical.

Both JWP and Beckham are exceptional set pieces takers but limited players technically, with Beckham certainly being the more limited of the two.

John O' Shea, Wes Brown and Jonny Evans have won more trophies than Le Tissier and Shearer. That doesn't make them better players.

Last edited:

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Obviously chuffed with the result, but I think we're also a bit lucky to play this Chelsea team so early in the season. Tons of new players, new manager, not even close to gelling yet etc.

Quite obvious how the signing of JWP will probably keep us safe from relegation, we'll probably break the record for set piece goals this season :lol: Moyes likely spent his entire career having wet dreams about pairing up a player like Soucek with JWP.

Sick match tbh and I feel West Ham were the deserved winners.

The commentary were making such a big deal about JWP dead ball capabilities, but I felt his all round play was good too. That Antonio goal was vintage as well, what a player.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Sick match tbh and I feel West Ham were the deserved winners.

The commentary were making such a big deal about JWP dead ball capabilities, but I felt his all round play was good too. That Antonio goal was vintage as well, what a player.

Saw someone describe JWP as Mark Noble with end product and I think that's pretty fitting tbh. Just a solid all-round midfielder with world class set piece delivery.

Really excited about Alvarez as well, looked very promising in his cameo.

People have made a lot of jokes about our transfer and lack thereof this season (justifiably so), but I low key think if we sign a striker and another wide player/attacking midfielder, we've had one of the better windows this summer.

If we get JWP + Mavrapanos + Alvarez + Kudus + a CF, that's ****ing great.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

People have made a lot of jokes about our transfer and lack thereof this season (justifiably so), but I low key think if sign a striker and another wide player/attacking midfielder, we've had one of the better windows this summer.

Do you think it's fair to say there is a clash of ideals between the players the board want and Moyes wants?

That's how it looks like from my casual perspective. I don't think relying on Antonio and Fornals is realistic as well, so hopefully you do get that striker.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Do you think it's fair to say there is a clash of ideals between the players the board want and Moyes wants?

That's how it looks like from my casual perspective. I don't think relying on Antonio and Fornals is realistic as well, so hopefully you do get that striker.

Yeah it's well-documented at this point. Tim Steidten has come in and basically clashed with Moyes immediately on signings. Moyes wants his typical Moyes players, namely proven hard working PL players. Steidten has seemingly been brought in to make us smarter in the market and focus more on young talent.

I think Moyes' position at the club in the future heavily depends on how he gels with Steidten. If Steidten keeps bringing in hits and Moyes starts to trust him and produce results, he could theoretically be here for a while still, but my money is on Moyes continuously clashing with Steidten which will result in an "amicable" split between us and Moyes at some point.

Think that's also why we've pulled out of the Maguire and McTominay deals. Steidten probably came in, saw the wages they were on and what we had to pay for them and went mental :lol: Moyes was desperate for those signings but reports say Steidten was very active in making sure we didn't go all in for them.

If Moyes gets us solidly mid-table this season with a decent showing in Europe, I could see us doing what we should have done this season and say thanks for good memories and good luck in the future. He'll easily land another job in the league and we'll probably go further down the path of trying to be more progressive on the pitch.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Would Beckham played for them if it wasn't for his media presence and popularity? Of course not.

Playing Beckham ahead Macca (who actually was Madrid's best player after Redondo at one and not someone who was brought to come off the bench to sell shirts like Beckham) for England was truly diabolical.

Both JWP and Beckham are exceptional set pieces takers but limited players technically, with Beckham certainly being the more limited of the two.

John O' Shea, Wes Brown and Jonny Evans have won more trophies than Le Tissier and Shearer. That doesn't make them better players.

Lol. I love how there’s a whole mountain range of hills that you’re willing to die on. I always thought his profile and media circus meant that people found it easy to underrate Becks if anything.

But really I just don’t care enough to argue the point with anyone. I suspect @Juan Matas Beard might tho…

Arsenal Quotes

This is a big moment of happiness...we waited a long time for this and the happiness is linked sometimes with the suffering, and the time that you have to wait....this was more important than all the other (trophies) we have twice won the double, but were not under pressure then like we were today.

Arsène Wenger, on winning the 2014 FA Cup

Latest posts

Top Bottom