• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League 23/24: Gameweek 3 (Aug 25-27)

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Its funny how these Liverpool or us talking about title race when ever knows man city will in in April.

Liverpool got huge win today but nowhere near Liverpool we all knew.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
So you are losing it because they wanted to win against Arsenal, a top 4 club, whilst almost making top 4 themselves, last season, after a very sloppy run?

No I’m losing it because they were never in a million years going to make top 4 last season and they knew it but that didn’t stop that idiot Klopp resting most of his first choice players against Chelsea the previous week just to have them fresh for our game where they played like possessed animals in order to try to dent our title hopes just so they can remain proud of themselves for being the only club to better this corrupt City team.

Club full of haters.

• Cry
Reactions: Xln

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
No I’m losing it because they were never in a million years going to make top 4 last season and they knew it but that didn’t stop that idiot Klopp resting most of his first choice players against Chelsea the previous week just to have them fresh for our game where they played like possessed animals in order to try to dent our title hopes just so they can remain proud of themselves for being the only club to better this corrupt City team.

Club full of haters.
Okay I get your view now but let's be honest, last season we could play our u18 and still beat Chelsea.
Could be the reason why they've done that :lol:

OSBK

Established Member
Just gonna throw this out there. Trent was dropping into midfield, the ball from salah to him was very much the ball saka played. Against Bournemouth trent lost it in midfield when playing inverted and they scored.

also botman went off injured but if you watched the game trippier went into midfield similar to what partey does and Liverpool from then carved newcastle up.

City today with inverted were very lucky.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Just gonna throw this out there. Trent was dropping into midfield, the ball from salah to him was very much the ball saka played. Against Bournemouth trent lost it in midfield when playing inverted and they scored.

also botman went off injured but if you watched the game trippier went into midfield similar to what partey does and Liverpool from then carved newcastle up.

City today with inverted were very lucky.
They're not lucky. Pep is just better at it than everyone else and he's refined it now replacing the inverted fullback with Stones coming forward from CB. It's much easier to get back into position when all you need to do is drop back with everything in front of you rather than having to get back and out to the wing. We could have done this with White and Timber if he was available. It would be more solid and largely produce the same effect in possession without the danger when we lose the ball.

Bucephalus

Just gonna throw this out there. Trent was dropping into midfield, the ball from salah to him was very much the ball saka played.
Just no. Saka's ball was semi-understandable. A confident pass back to someone who turned out wasn't there, but would have been exactly right there last year. Hey, we're mixing up patterns, and there'll be some misses, have to look up rather than assuming, while everyone is growing in. Not good, but understandable. Salah's ball went straight to TAA's feet, and TAA missed it in a way that a u9 would be embarrassed by. Wildly different incidents.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Lfc will be back especially if they can get a bit of defensive help. Their forward line is as fearsome as ever. Newcastle just don’t have enough goals in them to challenge for title. It is still a one horse race for title it is all City. Moyes who people slag here mercilessly deserves some kudos with job he has done with West Ham

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Lfc will be back especially if they can get a bit of defensive help. Their forward line is as fearsome as ever. Newcastle just don’t have enough goals in them to challenge for title. It is still a one horse race for title it is all City. Moyes who people slag here mercilessly deserves some kudos with job he has done with West Ham
Is it as fearsome? Or did the space in behind just really suit Nunez in that moment?

MikeVinna

Established Member
They're not lucky. Pep is just better at it than everyone else and he's refined it now replacing the inverted fullback with Stones coming forward from CB. It's much easier to get back into position when all you need to do is drop back with everything in front of you rather than having to get back and out to the wing. We could have done this with White and Timber if he was available. It would be more solid and largely produce the same effect in possession without the danger when we lose the ball.

Having the CB go into midfield is so much better I don’t really get why we haven’t tried it. I mean the player is already in a central position he just has to move up and down the pitch.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Having the CB go into midfield is so much better I don’t really get why we haven’t tried it. I mean the player is already in a central position he just has to move up and down the pitch.
Exactly. It's why City are hard to counter even when they lose the ball. It's the first truly brilliant galaxy brained thing Pep has done since the Lahm experiment so if Arteta is going to copy it, I'm not sure why he doesn't do it properly. Timber would have been perfect for that Role with White staying at RB and still being able to form that trio with Saka and Ode. Without Timber, I don't see why they don't try it with Kiwior forming a back 4 with Gabriel Saliba and White.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Diaz, Gakpo, Salah, Nunez they got finishers our manager loves a non scoring German

You named three wide forwards and a centre forward. Wouldn't it make more sense to compare Havertz to Szoboszlai and Macalister?

Have they scored yet? Does that make them non scoring Hungarians and Argentinians?

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom