• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 5 - 0 Sheffield United | Saturday 28th October | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-vs-Sheff-United.png

Screenshot-20231025-135130.png

Screenshot-20231025-135155.png

Screenshot-20231025-135213.png

Screenshot-20231025-135243.png

lineup.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Sheffield

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
Guys I not only had the most amazing birthday gift as I got to see our Gunners play and win 5-0 but the hotel my wife booked for us (from Canada) is the same one our Gunners were staying at! I got my jersey signed by Gabriel and got a fist pump from Ødegaard!!

This is amazing. Congrats!

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I feel sorry for Smith Rowe, you can see he was pretty rusty today. Needs more games but he won't get them.

Trossard was trolling today, silly ball control, love watching him play. He's the closest to a Cazorla I have ever seen.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Fantastic result at home to a newly promoted team. Hope everyone enjoyed it and we follow it up with a similar performance Vs West Ham or Newcastle or Sevilla. If not Burnley is on the horizon and we can replicate it then.

HighburyHigh

Guys I not only had the most amazing birthday gift as I got to see our Gunners play and win 5-0 but the hotel my wife booked for us (from Canada) is the same one our Gunners were staying at! I got my jersey signed by Gabriel and got a fist pump from Ødegaard!!
Well done! Sounds like you had a great day!

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

You make it sound like this was a good result in a sequence of poor results. We are still unbeaten in the league and 2 points of top, good chance to stay ahead of City providing United can get a result.

Anyways, instead of focusing on the attack, look at the underlying numbers of our defence. 2 shots conceded, non on target, Sheffield United expected goals 0.02. We gave Sheffield United not even a look at our goal. No bozo moments at the back which has been a theme this year - especially at home.

Still amazed some fans cant say the transition toward becoming a more defensive orientated team.
We also look like walking our CL group.

Yesterday there was something of a lack of atmosphere in the ground given the opposition - also their obdurate defence till we scored then a cakewalk in the second half. Of course we were expected to and ultimately did crush them, but we did it with a quite heavily rotated team with a couple of significant ongoing injuries and showed the depth of the present squad in our subs also.

I see zero cause for complaint atm.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
We also look like walking our CL group.

Yesterday there was something of a lack of atmosphere in the ground given the opposition - also their obdurate defence till we scored then a cakewalk in the second half. Of course we were expected to and ultimately did crush them, but we did it with a quite heavily rotated team with a couple of significant ongoing injuries and showed the depth of the present squad in our subs also.

I see zero cause for complaint atm.

Yep. Things are looking good even with key players missing, heavy rotation, and CL midweek. If we can grind it out a bit more we're well positioned to start flying in the 2nd half of the season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Still amazed some fans cant say the transition toward becoming a more defensive orientated team.
In my book it is mostly agenda from hardcore Arteta haters/dislikers. Some more reasonable ones have toned down the critique to not sound too over the top, while some others just trod on as they have nothing better to do.

Any supporter with eyes can see what Arteta and the staff are trying to do. It's not always pretty on the eyes. I was frustrated after the first 20 minutes of the game thinking we just played without any real tempo. Clearly Arteta told them at halftime to increase the tempo, which they duly did with good results.

We are about there we were last season at the same time, but without playing at our best I think. Think this team has a couple of more gears and better we hit full speed later in the season if we can stay in or around the top until that happens. Still might not be enough against teams that the FA and PGMOL support, but think we can make a good go at it.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

we did it with a quite heavily rotated team with a couple of significant ongoing injuries and showed the depth of the present squad in our subs also.
This is what I find most encouraging. We rotated heavily and subbed quite a few starters early and still came out 5-0 winners with 0 shots on goal against. Happy days! 💯

Gunner Matt

If he has been nursing an injury, which is why he was rested today according to Arteta, helps explain a lot. Think the same is the reason Saka looks a bit off right now. Wouldn't mind seeing Saka rest a bit also. Today was good though with the many and early substitutions. Even White got a breather, which isn't bad.
Would like White to get rested more when we have the opportunity! Although he hasn’t been playing international football so has technically played less games, he is up and down that right side most of the games and Saka looks different when White isn’t behind him so need to protect him as much as we can.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
I feel sorry for Smith Rowe, you can see he was pretty rusty today. Needs more games but he won't get them.

Trossard was trolling today, silly ball control, love watching him play. He's the closest to a Cazorla I have ever seen.

Think ESR grew into the game late on. I can see him balling out against West Ham, needs to build his match ryhthm.

Agreed on Trossard. Silky af.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom