• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 5 - 0 Sheffield United | Saturday 28th October | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-vs-Sheff-United.png

Screenshot-20231025-135130.png

Screenshot-20231025-135155.png

Screenshot-20231025-135213.png

Screenshot-20231025-135243.png

lineup.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Sheffield

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Have to take this win with a pinch of salt,

3 goals were from shockingly poor defenders...two on the corners and the Eddie thunder bolt, Sunday league defending, defenders backed off allowed him to control, turn and shoot. Terrible stuff.

Then we had the pen.

Only goal that Sheffield Utd could do nothing about was the opener, which was a fantastic finish from Eddie.

But don't let his result fool you in to a false sense of security.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

3 goals were from shockingly poor defenders...two on the corners and the Eddie thunder bolt, Sunday league defending, defenders backed off allowed him to control, turn and shoot. Terrible stuff.

Then we had the pen.

Only goal that Sheffield Utd could do nothing about was the opener, which was a fantastic finish from Eddie.

First it was that we're relying on pens and deflections, now the complaint is the opposition's defending was poor so it still doesn't count. But Sp*rs winning against them with the last kick of the game was of course brilliant. Keep on moving those goalposts :lol:

Gunner Matt

You can only beat what is in front of you, but I'd say regardless of the weak opposition we made easy work of it which is a positive absolutely.

I am more concerned about how much we struggled to play against Chelsea and the dip in form we have had with Ødegaard of late as when he is on it, we tend to win and dominate. A win today considering we managed to rest Ode and Gabriel and White, Gabi and Saka all came off 2nd half I think is not just a positive in this match but going into the next.

Not too bothered about Carabao but Newcastle is a huge game next Saturday so fitness will be key.

abalatadalat

Let’s enjoy this win a few minutes before pointing out that it doesn’t mean that we more or less have won the Premier League. Of course it doesn’t, but 5-0 is 5-0 and it was a pleasure to watch.

I especially enjoyed the hat trick by Nketiah and the third of his goals was a cracker of a goal. Haters gonna hate, but I think the Nketiah haters will pipe down for the time being.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

the dip in form we have had with Ødegaard of late
If he has been nursing an injury, which is why he was rested today according to Arteta, helps explain a lot. Think the same is the reason Saka looks a bit off right now. Wouldn't mind seeing Saka rest a bit also. Today was good though with the many and early substitutions. Even White got a breather, which isn't bad.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

Then we had the pen.

What more do you want? How many goals would have satisfied you?

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
First it was that we're relying on pens and deflections, now the complaint is the opposition's defending was poor so it still doesn't count. But Sp*rs winning against them with the last kick of the game was of course brilliant. Keep on moving those goalposts :lol:
Why do you Mik lovers have to make up strawmen? No one said it didn’t count they just analyzed the quality of the opponent and found it lacking. How is that saying it doesn’t count? Should we pretend the opponent was extra tough to give Arteta more credit? It is a fair topic to look at the opponent we played in any match and rate them as well.

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Why do you Mik lovers have to make up strawmen? No one said it didn’t count they just analyzed the quality of the opponent and found it lacking. How is that saying it doesn’t count? Should we pretend the opponent was extra tough to give Arteta more credit? It is a fair topic to look at the opponent we played in any match and rate them as well.
No one said Sheffield was a tough opponent so who's strawmanning who exactly? In fact I'm instead questioning how your favorites in Ten Hag and Ange struggled so much in beating them. But 5 goals is 5 goals and a good performance regardless of opposition in the PL and moving the goalposts from "We're bad, we only score from penalties and deflections" to "We're bad, the opposition defending was just poor" just reeks of agenda.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
A Good Result from Arsenal, a 5 - 0 win is a good score. Hatrick from Eddie, clean sheet as well.
2nd in the league, 2 points behind Tottenham.
A platform to build from. Alright, it was against Sheffield United, who are not doing too well. But you have to earn the right to play. Not just turn up, and expect the game to go in your favour.

Farzad Stoned

No one said Sheffield was a tough opponent so who's strawmanning who exactly? In fact I'm instead questioning how your favorites in Ten Hag and Ange struggled so much in beating them. But 5 goals is 5 goals and a good performance regardless of opposition in the PL and moving the goalposts from "We're bad, we only score from penalties and deflections" to "We're bad, the opposition defending was just poor" just reeks of agenda.
Nah. You made up the fact that people said it didn’t count an extreme exaggeration of fair posts on the lack of quality of an injury riddled relegation side

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Guys I not only had the most amazing birthday gift as I got to see our Gunners play and win 5-0 but the hotel my wife booked for us (from Canada) is the same one our Gunners were staying at! I got my jersey signed by Gabriel and got a fist pump from Ødegaard!!

Farzad Stoned

Guys I not only had the most amazing birthday gift as I got to see our Gunners play and win 5-0 but the hotel my wife booked for us (from Canada) is the same one our Gunners were staying at! I got my jersey signed by Gabriel and got a fist pump from Ødegaard!!
Congrats bro i saw Viera at Harrods and said hello when i went to Arsenal match in London on my pilgrimage. But unfortunately we lost 3-0 to Brighton. It is a great experience

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Dave Bassett, Neil Warnock, Brian Deane, Phil Jagielka, Sean Bean, Michael Palin, Anna Walker, Joe Elliott, Joe Root, Jessica Ennis - Hill, can you hear me? Your Boys took one hell of a beating.

200.gif

SuperMikel

A calm and collected individual.

Then we had the pen.

You make it sound like this was a good result in a sequence of poor results. We are still unbeaten in the league and 2 points of top, good chance to stay ahead of City providing United can get a result.

Anyways, instead of focusing on the attack, look at the underlying numbers of our defence. 2 shots conceded, non on target, Sheffield United expected goals 0.02. We gave Sheffield United not even a look at our goal. No bozo moments at the back which has been a theme this year - especially at home.

Still amazed some fans cant say the transition toward becoming a more defensive orientated team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom