• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Arsenal 5 - 0 Sheffield United | Saturday 28th October | KO: 15:00 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_Arsenal-vs-Sheff-United.png

Screenshot-20231025-135130.png

Screenshot-20231025-135155.png

Screenshot-20231025-135213.png

Screenshot-20231025-135243.png

lineup.png

Prediction
Arsenal 3-0 Sheffield

SupersoakerArsene

Would love to give a few players a rest.

Ramsdale
White - Saliba - Kiwior - Zinchenko
Rice
Ødegaard Vieira or ESR
Martinelli Havertz Trossard

Give Partey some minutes if he is ''fit'' when Rice is going off.
And if we are 2-0 up, get Nelson some minutes instead of Martinelli and Vieira or ESR (the one who doesn't start) some minutes instead of Ode.

Hopefully Ode plays a good game, last 2 games where absolute dogsh*t.

Would actually love a break for Saliba (one match) with Tomi as a RCV, but can't see Teta rest both CB's.

Still guess it will be the same as always. Only Nketiah or Havertz as CF and maybe Zinchenko instead of Tomi at the back.

Saka is just fit, but will be blown after christmas!

SupersoakerArsene

lol why the F**K do people want to keep resting Saka every f**king week?
Actually would love a rest for him this game. We have Nelson, Trossard who can play up front with Nelli & havertz, nketiah or Jesus.

Saka actually had some rest with the break, but before that he had a small injury. Just give him some rest when possible.

King87

Kai's having the time of my life

You worry for our season if we don't win with a convincing performance here.

Not every game should be a struggle.
Start Kai up front and I'm confident tbh

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
We will win but it won’t be pretty or convincing that is a rarity for an Arteta coached team

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
'On Paper' hopefully 3 Points for us. Playing teams around the bottom of the table is harder, after Christmas. They start picking up points seemingly from nowhere. They seem to wake up, and start producing some form.
The Sheffield Clubs not doing very well at the moment. Sheffield United, 🟥⬜ and Sheffield Wednesday, 🟦⬜ routed to the bottom of the Premier League, and Championship tables respectively.
When I think of Sheffield United at Home, I think of this FA Cup tie at Highbury.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
I don't see any credible narrative which leads to us dropping points here but whilst they are a fairly agricultural side, the West Ham blip apart, they're not exactly being thrashed either. And this current Arsenal side is not the thrashing type. It takes us too long to dominate games, to create dangerous situations and to score. So I'm going 2-0, would love a 3-0 at least because under certain circumstances that would put us top of the league.

Clearly they can't match us for skill but they can try and match us for energy and they'll all be behind the ball even if they go behind. So this is a game for fresh legs: ESR, Vieira and Nelson definitely. You're going to see more of Nketiah anyway because Jesus won't (shouldn't) play. Trossard as well. I'd like to see Kiwior too, if he doesn't get minutes in this fixture, when? We need him to be assimilated into our set-up, we don't have many centre-half options on the bench. Hell, I'd like to see Elneny come on towards the end! Zinchenko should start this one. As should Ramsdale.

The likes of Ødegaard and Saka should start on the bench and only come on if needed as impact subs.
Not been thrashed? I would call a 8-0 defeat at home a thrashing

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would go:

Martinelli----Havertz-----Saka
----------Zini-------------Ødegaard
------------------Rice
Tomi-----Gabriel---Saliba--White
-----------------Raya

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Assuming Jesus is out, I'd go with:

Martinelli-Trossard-Saka
Havertz-Ødegaard
Rice
Zinchenko-Gabriel-Saliba-White
Raya

Eddie has been given enough chances this season. Harsh on Tomi but for this game I feel Zinchenko is better.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Reckon we go 1-0 and then start defending the lead. They’ll equalise from a set piece and then we’ll eventually show urgency and finish them off via a (lucky) deflection in the 88th. Everyone will praise Arteta’s tactics and claim us being stiffer than an 18th century English lord is actually a deliberate tactic to conserve energy and not give up chances and go on to say how that’s the way to win championships.

Loving life rn!
Sign of champions. Winning when not playing well and showing mental strength lool. Honestly I expect a 3-1 win with us getting the 3rd last 5 mins. As you say I also expect massive drop off after taking the lead and defending what we have

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Sign of champions. Winning when not playing well and showing mental strength lool. Honestly I expect a 3-1 win with us getting the 3rd last 5 mins. As you say I also expect massive drop off after taking the lead and defending what we have

Yeah hold onto this energy when you are proven to be wrong yet again, as per usual.

If you don’t understand why we are more lethargic and don’t understand game states and how teams look to setup specifically now, then just say so.

Don’t give us this pseudo intelligence of holding onto leads and defending for our lives, because you look silly.

There are many people here who can educate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom