• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 , SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_fourteen

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 ,

SiMamu said:
Sterling is so wasteful in front of goal. Going to just put this out there: Sterling is just a glorified Gervinho. All fizzle, no pop. Sterling is comfortably better, with a better first touch and a more effective dribbler, not having the tendency to double back on himself and try and take the same man on again, failing second time around. But he's a poor finisher and his final ball could use some work.
FFS man that's just not fair. He's too young to be tasked with a false 9 role against United. Rogers had nothing in his tank yesterday and tried to squeeze an extra mile out of Sterling and it didnt work. He's a wonderful player. so intelligent, skilled and gifted but he's only 19 and should be handled with care. I wish we could somehow get him.

Bigbludfire

Established Member

SiMamu said:
Sterling is so wasteful in front of goal. Going to just put this out there: Sterling is just a glorified Gervinho. All fizzle, no pop. Sterling is comfortably better, with a better first touch and a more effective dribbler, not having the tendency to double back on himself and try and take the same man on again, failing second time around. But he's a poor finisher and his final ball could use some work.

So because a 20 year old Sterling hasn't finished that well this season, he's a glorified Gervinho? **** sake

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Arsenal fan in another criminal case of thinking a player under 24 is the finished product :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbh when Ramsey was 20 he was getting slaughtered for not being Fabregas. And Ox was being sold to Liverpool for £15 million :lol:

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Is Sturridge back? Either way we really should be taking 3 points with the form they're in and I fancy us to do so. This is the time we need to build some momentum and actually get a better result than last year.

Sturridge is up to hihg jinks in LA trying to get fit. He's nowhere near the starting XI for now.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Can't believe I've just seen Sterling being compared to Gervinho.

Anyway, the line up should be:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Szczesny
Debuchy - - Chambers - - Mertesacker - - Gibbs
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Arteta
- - - - - - - - - - - Cazorla - - Chambo
Alexis - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Welbeck
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Giroud

5-1 win for us.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

I am afraid we'll see Arteta - Flamini partnership. If so, I am gonna cry, really really cry

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

Everything seems to be looking positive for this game.

Players coming back from injury and playing well, perhaps our best game of the season against Newcastle, get the best CL draw we have had in years with Monaco, Sturridge is out still, Liverpool defense looks a mess, Liverpool always plays open against us which helps us and Rodgers looks more tactically inept than Wenger.

All signs point to a solid 3-0 win...

Which is exactly why I am worried. We can't tank this game. We really need a win here to keep up momentum. For some reason I am not confident for this game. Seems like everything is in our favor so some surprise is bound to happen. Hope I'm wrong though.

a_fourteen

Established Member

If the Ox isnt available would you play Zelalem? Is he ready for 90 minutes of PL?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

a_fourteen said:
If the Ox isnt available would you play Zelalem? Is he ready for 90 minutes of PL?

Nah. Not at CM anyway. There's a reason Maitland-Niles jumped ahead of the queue.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Disappointed we won't be seeing Bellerin for a while, looked good, especially in attack against Newcastle. I think he could help us lock down tight games whilst still providing a threat on the wing if needed.

Flamini hasn't done badly recently, I don't mind seeing him start if it means not rushing Arteta back. Ox would be a loss, been overshadowed by Alexis but his been a constant threat.

Any news on Theo? Heard he was back for this one.

a_fourteen

Established Member

MutableEarth said:
a_fourteen said:

Nah. Not at CM anyway. There's a reason Maitland-Niles jumped ahead of the queue.
But isnt Maitland-Niles being groomed for a more holding role?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

a_fourteen said:
MutableEarth said:
a_fourteen said:

But isnt Maitland-Niles being groomed for a more holding role?

I believe so, but he's alternated between DM and CM this season at U21 level. Either way, he has more physical presence, tactical awareness and urgency in his play. Put it this way - he's more Ox-like than Zelalem. Zelalem is an AM playing as a CM.

BobP

Memri Fan

Want a devastating win, nothing less.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Wenger saying Theo might well be back for this one, bring him off the bench if we're chasing imo. Might be a step too far asking him to start in a huge game like this. We have a lot of attacking options as it is so no pressure.

redanddread

Every game is a good one to win but if we can get the 3pts on Sunday it'll be such a huge boost for us and it'll knock the stuffing out of Liverpool. It's a 6 pointer in the race for 4th. We're due a big away day performance-haven't had one since Dortmund last season.

It's the type of game where a win can really give us that extra boost to push on and get a good unbeaten run going. Besides we have a few tough away fixtures over the next 2 1/2 weeks and we need to gain the requisite confidence levels heading into these tough run of matches.

Our lack of midfield options will be a big blow-we need The Ox to be fit, otherwise Le Coq steps in alongside Santi & Flamini-not exactly a stellar midfield trio. The Ox brings much needed pace & power to our midfield and obviously more of a threat than a midfield containing Le Coq.

Liverpool are going to come flying out the traps like rabid dogs so I hope the lads don't put up a Stoke like deer-in-the-headlights performance or we could be in big trouble. Ride out the 1st 10 mins, get a good foothold in the game and our better strike force can win the game for us. We're a more settled squad even with all the injuries and real pressure will be on the Scousers to get a result. If we believe and perform in a solid team manner we should be strong enough to get the 3pts. Easier said than done but we must be thinking about the win.

redanddread

Rex Banner said:
Wenger saying Theo might well be back for this one, bring him off the bench if we're chasing imo. Might be a step too far asking him to start in a huge game like this. We have a lot of attacking options as it is so no pressure.

I'm pretty sure Theo won't start unless something is wrong with Alexis or Danny. For sure he'll get some game time though. Hopefully when we're cruising 2-0 up in the last 10 mins...

redanddread

I don't want to see any of Zelalem or Maitland-Niles in the starting line-up, particularly Zelalem who's just too damn weak right now. We'd lose that midfield battle in a heart beat imo. We'll need as much experience as we can get in the middle of the park.

redanddread

Penn_ said:
Disappointed we won't be seeing Bellerin for a while, looked good, especially in attack against Newcastle. I think he could help us lock down tight games whilst still providing a threat on the wing if needed.

Flamini hasn't done badly recently, I don't mind seeing him start if it means not rushing Arteta back. Ox would be a loss, been overshadowed by Alexis but his been a constant threat.

Any news on Theo? Heard he was back for this one.

Bellerin, lock down, no way. The dude had a great game on Saturday but he's still a long way off what we need defensively in our RB. . He'll get much better but he's too raw for such a big away game.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Don't want to sound like a suck-up but basically redanddread's last 4 posts are all spot on!

I think Ox will be fit, that's what I'm gathering anyways. Not that I've seen anything overly reliable confirming either way. But this match is not where you throw in loads of young teenagers, Chambers is grand he's been in the premier league for a while and has plenty of games under his belt. But when you start throwing in Hector, Zel and Maitland-Niles into a game like this it becomes too much of a gamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom