• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 , SS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re: Premier League: Liverpool v Arsenal - 21/12/14, 16:00 ,

We have matches at home against QPR (PL) and home against Hull City (FA Cup) over the busy Christmas/New Year fixture list and those are matches where Bellerin can be slotted in to help continue developing his game and building confidence while also being beneficial for rotation. Away at Anfield, despite Liverpool's current woes, don't think so.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Awful news, devastating even.... Glen Johnson ruled out for 2 weeks. :(

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

We will remember the 5-1 thrashing there from last season and so will they.

I expect them to come for us, for the first half at least. It is up to us to weather that and not get caught up in the moment again. If we can do so and settle down, we could rally and push for a positive result.

Its not going to be easy, despite the feelings at the moment.

entropy13

Established Member

Damn losing one of the best right backs in the world is a huge blow for them.

florentp

Penn_ said:
Disappointed we won't be seeing Bellerin for a while, looked good, especially in attack against Newcastle. I think he could help us lock down tight games whilst still providing a threat on the wing if needed.
And why is that ?

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse

Lakersgooner24 said:
We should be beating them but I'd reluctantly take a draw.

Anfield is never an easy place to go but if this Arsenal team has anything about them then we should be winning this. Injuries, however, may well be the reason we don't. For me, this game will be all down to our mental & tactical approach and whether we can handle a big occasion appropriately. We keep waiting for this Arsenal to produce a "performance" and this weekend is the time. I'd be hugely disappointed if we left with anything less than a point. It's time for this lot to grow some balls and walk the talk.

Enfield

Established Member

FFS can we grow a pair please. There is only one player in their squad I would consider taking here while I reckon our entire starting 11 would get onto their starting team.

We are better and need to up the ante like we did against Newcastle.

Pressure and hard work and they will feel like its happening again. Also for every run Sterling makes at Per, we'll let Alexis make one at Lovren.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐

Thank you Enfield. Liverpool aren't even Newcastle level atm, and we blew them away. Anfield hasn't been a tricky place to go for ****ing years, bar last season when they were able to prepare for each fixture a week (sometimes 8/9 days) in advance, with fresh legs. Plenty of teams have got results down at Anfield with relative ease, including ourselves, Mr. Wenger has a fantastic record there.

We'll win this game, they can't contain what we have in attack. Their defence is seriously lol worthy, Lovren and Skrtel are a dreadful partnership. I know we've a habit of making average players look class but it won't happen Sunday. They'll be without their best player, and their second best player has had a shocking season up until this point.

If Theo and Arteta are back that's a huge boost, I'd be tempted to stick Mikel straight in, Flamini hasn't been as useless of late, but you can't run the risk of playing him in a match of this importance. I'd go;

---------Szczesny
Debuchy-Per--Chambers--Gibbs
-------------Arteta
---Chamberlain---Cazorla
Welbeck---Giroud----Sanchez

Subs: Martinez, Monreal, Bellerin, Flamini, Rosicky, Campbell, Walcott. (Fitness permitting of course.)

Reckon we'll see a similar display to the one Liverpool put in against Man Utd, they'll have chances, but their lack of pure natural finishers will hinder them. Us on the other hand, need to be clinical, with Giroud in form and Sanchez simply world class we'll score a few.

1-4. Lambert header for them, Sanchez, Cazorla, Giroud x2 for us.

Enfield

Established Member

How long is Ramsey gone for again.

Pity, but it means that we can play Oxlade back their again bring legs and dynamism in front of our back 4. Also I reckon he would love to get at Sterling and take the ball off him a few times.

Put him next to hopefully Arteta and Alexis, Welbeck, Cazorla and Giroud up front and there is literally no reason why we can't be all over these guys.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator

We won't score more than two goals, and I'd be surprised if we got away without conceding at least one. It will be a tough game, a game where everyone needs to be at his level, we can't afford to enter the pitch with half our minds still in Colney.....I fully expect them to overrun us like they did last season, so we'll have to watch out.

The_Roadrunner

Burned Out

redwhiteAustrian said:
We won't score more than two goals, and I'd be surprised if we got away without conceding at least one. It will be a tough game, a game where everyone needs to be at his level, we can't afford to enter the pitch with half our minds still in Colney.....I fully expect them to overrun us like they did last season, so we'll have to watch out.

I agree we have to watch out as this game could end up anywhere really with how inconsistent both of us are but saying we won't score more than 2 goals?

Have you seen how bad Liverpool defense is? Their keeper is now some unknown Australian bloke lol

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover

We should know they will give their all. more then 100%. If we go out with less then 100%, there is no way we are winning it.
We need to fire up, really want it, and I am optimistic we will. 8 days off mean fresh legs, and often I think its the problem we have. Wenger doesnt rotate his players (funny thing is he thinks he does) and it becomes one of the reasons we lose points as we often look tired, not only tired bodies, but minds, most of all.

It shouldn't be a case this time. We are fresh, and ready to play with 3 strikers, which is a good thing away from home. Santi is playing good and we need him badly in the middle.

My only concern is possible Flamini/arteta partnership.
If we play same 11 as vs Newcastle, with Chambers in for Bellerin and moved to CB, I think we have a great chance. But no way on earth, no way at all, for it to be an easy one

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

I think it made a difference having Ox instead of Ramsey the alst day. His passing under pressure isn't as good but his tackling and covering were absolutely brilliant. he was also extremely dangerous when carrying the ball forward through the middle and it allowed us to operate with two up top with Welbeck and Giroud really complementing each other.

I think Ramsey has been caught too far forward too often this year whereas Ox was putting in tackles and getting in to position, and if he can make it a repeat performance we should be in a much better psosition.

My choice would be to put Chambers in the Cb position and Debuchy on the right or Debuchy in the middle and Bellerin on the right. Sterling up against Chambers at this point might not be the best idea if he isn't getting support from the centre or midfield.

redanddread

Time to grow some and make us believe in this team. None of us are sure that these guys can do the job at a tough away venue like Anfield. At least I'm not so I really want to see if the lads have grown in stature since last year. This is a very important game for this team-exorcising a few ghosts is required.

GDeep™

League is very weak

I don't understand this "grow some", "grow a pair" stuff. We don't lack bottle, fight or determination, but quality.

Effort, bottle and team set up only gets you so far when you lack quality players.

GDeep™

League is very weak

With our injuries, I don't think our current selection of players could win an away game at most PL grounds currently.

3-O down to Stoke at HT.

redanddread

GDeep said:
I don't understand this "grow some", "grow a pair" stuff. We don't lack bottle, fight or determination, but quality.

Effort, bottle and team set up only gets you so far when you lack quality players.

Really, I don't think we lack the requisite quality to win this match, much like I thought we had the requisite quality to beat Stoke & Utd. Most agree that the UTD. side of the last 18 months is the worst we've seen in the last 20 years but we couldn't beat them. Maybe City & Chelsea & Bayern have beaten us with better quality but that's about it imo. This season our injuries have caused fissures in our defence which looked pretty solid last season bar a few isolated results. Our team is chock-a-block full of big international stars, most playing key roles for their respective countries.

As a collective this team needs a big win to prove to themselves that they can beat these top teams. They have the talent without doubt-maybe not to win the league but certainly to beat the top teams on a slightly more consistent basis. But, I don't think they have the necessary belief in themselves as yet-this game can help change that.

I firmly believe we have the quality-not in every position but in most to challenge the top teams in a more concerted fashion.

Mastadon

Established Member

Its not a lack of quality on the pitch that saw us humiliated at Anfield last season tbh. They fvcked us so badly we needed 2 morning after pills. No way the team we put out that day should have been obliterated so easily. Not often you see a PL game over after 20 mins esp involving top 4 teams.

redanddread

Taylor Gang Gunners said:
Thank you Enfield. Liverpool aren't even Newcastle level atm, and we blew them away. Anfield hasn't been a tricky place to go for ******* years, bar last season when they were able to prepare for each fixture a week (sometimes 8/9 days) in advance, with fresh legs. Plenty of teams have got results down at Anfield with relative ease, including ourselves, Mr. Wenger has a fantastic record there.

We'll win this game, they can't contain what we have in attack. Their defence is seriously lol worthy, Lovren and Skrtel are a dreadful partnership. I know we've a habit of making average players look class but it won't happen Sunday. They'll be without their best player, and their second best player has had a shocking season up until this point.

If Theo and Arteta are back that's a huge boost, I'd be tempted to stick Mikel straight in, Flamini hasn't been as useless of late, but you can't run the risk of playing him in a match of this importance. I'd go;

---------Szczesny
Debuchy-Per--Chambers--Gibbs
-------------Arteta
---Chamberlain---Cazorla
Welbeck---Giroud----Sanchez

Subs: Martinez, Monreal, Bellerin, Flamini, Rosicky, Campbell, Walcott. (Fitness permitting of course.)

Reckon we'll see a similar display to the one Liverpool put in against Man Utd, they'll have chances, but their lack of pure natural finishers will hinder them. Us on the other hand, need to be clinical, with Giroud in form and Sanchez simply world class we'll score a few.

1-4. Lambert header for them, Sanchez, Cazorla, Giroud x2 for us.

Now that would be fun-I'm sure you could at least 75-1 for that score. GDeep should be all over it..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom