• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Premier League: Manchester City 4 - 1 Arsenal | Wednesday 26th, April | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_cityarsenalblog.jpg

Last night was not good enough and we must not repeat the mistakes we made if we must get a result here. Even a draw will be good enough.

We just need to abandon our principle but you know Mikel will never do that. He's so obsessed with winning his own philosophy rather trying to be pragmatic.

Even Pep sacrificed possession when they came to the Emirates earlier in the year. We have to pragmatic. We have to protect Holding like a group of wildebeest would protect their youngest calf.

Screenshot-20230422-093636.png

Screenshot-20230422-093723.png

Screenshot-20230422-093742.png

Screenshot-20230422-093820.png

f780bd54-598e-4a84-a20e-1c4ded84c3e5.png

Prediction

Man city 0-1 Arsenal

COYG!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He was trying to press Gundogan and Rodri in what was basically a 1 man midfield as Xhaka and Ødegaard were both so high. With Haaland occupying our CBs, it left KDB free to run off him into space.

It was an impossible job but for some reason we saw everything that was happening and never adjusted our set up.
The thing that saddens me is that not one of our players tried to make on field adjustments. That's the price of overcoaching and a lack of leadership.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Whilst the performance was shocking, people are going a little overboard by turning on a lot of our players.

Zinchenko, White, Partey, Xhaka, Ødegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Jesus have been top class for us this season, they've earned the right to be backed through the bad spells.
Bit rich coming from you. Happy to **** on ramsdale after poor games. Quiet when he is good

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
He was trying to press Gundogan and Rodri in what was basically a 1 man midfield as Xhaka and Ødegaard were both so high. With Haaland occupying our CBs, it left KDB free to run off him into space.

It was an impossible job but for some reason we saw everything that was happening and never adjusted our set up.

The unwritten part of the Zinny/Jesus deal. How do you think we got em so cheap? 75million plus a six point add-on :lol: The deal was sealed over a meal of the finest Galatian seafood washed down with a crisp bottle of Godello

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
What by being quiet when he has had a good game? He ha been **** recently. Should of saved the first one last night. I am man enough to admit that

You are *****

What do you want from me? A thesis on every single game? I don't rate the guy, why should i comment 'well done' every time he makes a save? He can have a good game, he can have several, but it won't change my mind, i've seen too many flaws in his game and character.

sdotzdot

Established Member
Seemingly to be a miserable whinging git who complains about either the coach or certain players with the regularity of someone who has long made up their mind and has little interest in the evidence in front of them
Tbf to @14Henry he’s been very positive, as most of us have been. There’s only a few bellends on here who have wanted to moan non stop all season and we all know so they are.

He’s had a melt down recently but tbf we all have, we’re only following suit from Arteta and the team.

IrishGooner93

I couldn’t give a monkeys about points total. Means nothing when we’ve lead the league for most of the season, playing the best football with everything seemingly going our way and falling into place only to predictably self-destruct in the final straight. For me it’s not that we’ve fallen short it’s the manner in which we’ve done it. The Liverpool match epitomized this club and the way the season panned out. We played a demoralized and down and out Liverpool off the park going 2-0 up. All we needed to really do was step on their necks and finish them off instead we somehow contrive out of nowhere to spark them into life and get them back into the game then we go into our shells. We did the same thing with City. They clearly had motivation issues in the first half of the season. They rock up at the emirates sh!ting themselves and we basically gift them 3 goals and kick start their season. Sick of this crap.
I posted on this forum several months ago that the next area for this team to develop (after the last few weeks that expanded to many areas) was that we don't kill the better teams. We've improved in that we get some wins against rivals now but usually by the odd goal. Peak Liverpool or City are capable of going to any stadium in the league or most in Europe and just dismantling a team 4 or 5 or 6 nil. Never mind at home. Once they go up in a game they stand on your neck. Both teams have done that to us over the last few years. This season even the games arsenal have won against these teams have been hard fought.

bergholt

The next phase of our development will require balancing our structure with new ideas and different approaches. We are transitioning from "Norming" to "Performing" in Tuckman terms.

I suspect we might actually be transitioning from Forming to Storming unfortunately. Not sure this group and manager are mature enough yet to be anywhere near Norming.

amigo

I couldn’t give a monkeys about points total. Means nothing when we’ve lead the league for most of the season, playing the best football with everything seemingly going our way and falling into place only to predictably self-destruct in the final straight. For me it’s not that we’ve fallen short it’s the manner in which we’ve done it. The Liverpool match epitomized this club and the way the season panned out. We played a demoralized and down and out Liverpool off the park going 2-0 up. All we needed to really do was step on their necks and finish them off instead we somehow contrive out of nowhere to spark them into life and get them back into the game then we go into our shells. We did the same thing with City. They clearly had motivation issues in the first half of the season. They rock up at the emirates sh!ting themselves and we basically gift them 3 goals and kick start their season. Sick of this crap.
Leading for most of the season when you haven't played City may be deceptive. Fixture order can distort league position. If we end the season very close in points total to City we have done well, I will only subscribe to the "bottle job" argument if we completely peter out now. if we win our next five games it will mean we have matched City for results over the season apart from matches against them and make us a worthy second

lomekian

Essays are my thing

If you don't care about points totals, how do you measure anything other than trophies or relegations?

You do realise that nearly every team that falls short has similar disappointments?
The Liverpool match didn't epitomise ****. Liverpool have lost once at home all season in the league and twice in all competitions. Their previous home game was a 7-0 win against Man U. They got a slightly lucky goal before half time and it transformed the stadium, momentum and the match. They remembered that they have been one of the best 5 teams in Europe for the last 5 years and stepped it up, particularly the physical intensity. We were wasteful and could have snatched it, but that was always going to be one of our hardest fixtures this season. Most of us would have accepted a draw before the much.

City are just better than us (and everyone else) when they play with full motivation, confidence and coherence. Its unfortunate that both times we played them (****ing stupid rearranged games) we were in our worst run of results/form of the 2 preceding months, while they were in good form. At home we shot ourselves in the foot because of Tomi's back pass, but when they upped it in the second we couldn't cope with their physicality, just as this week. They are bigger, stronger and quicker than us all over the pitch as well as being technically and tactically elite. To beat them we need to be near our best and they need to be a bit off their best. Them losing occasionally to crap teams they expect to coast it against has no bearing on our fixtures.

The only game I'm angry about is away at West Ham, where we were in total control and then became passive and sloppy, especially in midfield. Southampton we just buggered up the start due to errors and Holding's positional shift screwing the balance of the team. But the attitude was better.

We always had a harder run in than City. The disappointment is the WHU and Southampton games because we should have won. (can't help thinking the points taken from us by the apologised for VAR ****-ups would have made things a lot easier on us mentally).

Bottom line is, if you are 'sick of this crap' when we are still on course for our best league season in 19 years, got and watch another sport or support some sportswashing team that buys success, because disappointment is a fundamental part of being a sports fan unless you can just buy trophies like 5 or 6 clubs in Europe. Or you could grow up and support the team and appreciate their improvement alongside that disappointment rather than threatening to flounce off and being 'sick' of something you literally have no control over and make no contribution towards and has little or no real impact on the practicalities of life. It it brings you that much misery being 2nd with the second youngest team and being on a clearly upwards trajectory, only surpassed because a we're competing against a nation state that has shat all over all the rules that confine the rest of us, do something else with your time.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
The thing that saddens me is that not one of our players tried to make on field adjustments. That's the price of overcoaching and a lack of leadership.
I suppose when the coach and a particular philosophy has taken you from 8th to the top of the league in under two years, there is a reluctance to deviate on pitch.

Also, more broadly, most teams don't get to effective switching things up in a way that works without a long period of consistency, confidence and everyone knowing the base system backwards. Next season will be interesting. With more dynamic and multi-functional options in midfield and with this season under our belts, I hope to see more flexibility in game and more confidence from individuals to make decisions.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Tbf to @14Henry he’s been very positive, as most of us have been. There’s only a few bellends on here who have wanted to moan non stop all season and we all know so they are.

He’s had a melt down recently but tbf we all have, we’re only following suit from Arteta and the team.

Yeah I have to give @14Henry his flowers over the last few days. You have really shown a different side to your posting mate. Giving us some extra perspective over these last few games, something more to think about.

Looking forward to our next clash though, this is just too good to be true :lol:

amigo

The closest we have got to City at the Etihad in the last few years was a meeting where we went negative and lost 1-0. During the time everybody castigated Arteta and the team but I said it was progress and was roundly criticized. When will we learn that there is no need to go toe to toe with big teams away? Fergie and Mourinho knew when to park the bus. Keep it tight, a point always keeps you in the picture and if there is a chance then you can pounce to win it from a set piece or a swift counter attack. Or keeping it at 1-0 down till late helps. We made the same mistake at Sp**s last year. Arteta really needs to learn to switch it up tactically or he will need more billions for players to have any chance of winning the league.

Gunners1616

The closest we have got to City at the Etihad in the last few years was a meeting where we went negative and lost 1-0. During the time everybody castigated Arteta and the team but I said it was progress and was roundly criticized. When will we learn that there is no need to go toe to toe with big teams away? Fergie and Mourinho knew when to park the bus. Keep it tight, a point always keeps you in the picture and if there is a chance then you can pounce to win it from a set piece or a swift counter attack. Or keeping it at 1-0 down till late helps. We made the same mistake at Sp**s last year. Arteta really needs to learn to switch it up tactically or he will need more billions for players to have any chance of winning the league.

Most annoying part of it is that we actually have the players to sit back and counter with speed. The only home defeat for City was against Brentford and their back 5 with fast runners for counters. The recipe to have a chance to beat them was very obvious for everyone except Mikel.

A back 3 with White Gabriel Tierney with Partey+Jorginho to protect them was too obvious i guess. Could have had Nelson/Saka and ZInchenko on the wings, sit deep and counter them.

I mean even if he loves Rob Holding that much, at least play him in a back 3 where he is protected by white and Gabriel + Saka/Nelson and Tierney on the wings.

So many options to give us a puncher's chance but he chose an option with 100% failure rate. We had 0 chance with that line up that couldn't even handle Southampton at home.

5 mins in, you already see 4 or 5 players pressing super high like idiots, one long ball and it's game over already. I applaud Mikel for the season but after Saliba's injury and Jesus return, he completely lost it tactically, trusting Holding and not trusting Tierney, Trossard and Jorginho. And refusing to revert to a back 3 when we are conceding goals left, right and center.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
If you don't care about points totals, how do you measure anything other than trophies or relegations?

You do realise that nearly every team that falls short has similar disappointments?
The Liverpool match didn't epitomise ****. Liverpool have lost once at home all season in the league and twice in all competitions. Their previous home game was a 7-0 win against Man U. They got a slightly lucky goal before half time and it transformed the stadium, momentum and the match. They remembered that they have been one of the best 5 teams in Europe for the last 5 years and stepped it up, particularly the physical intensity. We were wasteful and could have snatched it, but that was always going to be one of our hardest fixtures this season. Most of us would have accepted a draw before the much.

City are just better than us (and everyone else) when they play with full motivation, confidence and coherence. Its unfortunate that both times we played them (****ing stupid rearranged games) we were in our worst run of results/form of the 2 preceding months, while they were in good form. At home we shot ourselves in the foot because of Tomi's back pass, but when they upped it in the second we couldn't cope with their physicality, just as this week. They are bigger, stronger and quicker than us all over the pitch as well as being technically and tactically elite. To beat them we need to be near our best and they need to be a bit off their best. Them losing occasionally to crap teams they expect to coast it against has no bearing on our fixtures.

The only game I'm angry about is away at West Ham, where we were in total control and then became passive and sloppy, especially in midfield. Southampton we just buggered up the start due to errors and Holding's positional shift screwing the balance of the team. But the attitude was better.

We always had a harder run in than City. The disappointment is the WHU and Southampton games because we should have won. (can't help thinking the points taken from us by the apologised for VAR ****-ups would have made things a lot easier on us mentally).

Bottom line is, if you are 'sick of this crap' when we are still on course for our best league season in 19 years, got and watch another sport or support some sportswashing team that buys success, because disappointment is a fundamental part of being a sports fan unless you can just buy trophies like 5 or 6 clubs in Europe. Or you could grow up and support the team and appreciate their improvement alongside that disappointment rather than threatening to flounce off and being 'sick' of something you literally have no control over and make no contribution towards and has little or no real impact on the practicalities of life. It it brings you that much misery being 2nd with the second youngest team and being on a clearly upwards trajectory, only surpassed because a we're competing against a nation state that has shat all over all the rules that confine the rest of us, do something else with your time.
How do you account for two injuries in our back line reducing us to Championship level Holding because the manager for years is ok with it; and or won’t even make a tactical adjustment to save us from Holding. All your arguments seem to avoid the fact that because of the same stubborn mistakes of the same man we had two humiliating year end bottle jobs. Well Mik just learned his 4th CB can’t be a plumber with hair plugs if he wants to win league. Painful lesson maybe after 2 year end collapses short bus rider Mik will learn on the job

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Wenger rode Flamini at Fullback to a CL final. Arteta’s tactical rigidity and not buying experienced cover at CB destroyed 2 seasons in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom