• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Sheffield United 0 - 6 Arsenal | Monday 4th March | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_sheffield-united-vs-arsenalPNG.png

Screenshot-20240225-072254.png

Screenshot-20240225-072335.png

Screenshot-20240225-072425.png

Screenshot-20240225-073131.png

Screenshot-20240225-072453.png

Screenshot-20240225-072519.png

Screenshot-20240225-072545.png

lineup-2.png

Prediction

Sheffield 0-5 Arsenal

Sheffield have been on the end of some of the biggest thrashings in the league this season. They have the worst defense I've ever seen. I'm expecting another cricket scoreline.

Let's boost the GD, lads!

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka

Sheffield uploaded this for some reason :lol:
Have to laugh the the other commentator who kept saying: Ohh, Ouch, Oh No, Jesus etc...

Unfortunately for them, Sheffield were too poor and it is evident in the highlights where they show that long throw-in, a blocked cross and a shot to row Z as their highlights of the night.

bergholt

Let’s not rub it in they are a small club a Championship club getting a harsh taste of the limelight. They lost like three straight 5 goal home blowouts, i feel for their fans. Pl you got to be minted to have any chance

Agreed. Fans of big clubs like ours love to belittle small clubs, but it’s nothing like a level playing field and but for accidents of history we could be in their position. Schafenfreude.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

I agree that White could use a rest, but we have some excellent young players who could have had those minutes too. How will we know if players like Walters etc are good enough if they can't be in the squad in place of someone like Cedric who won't be here next season?

But like I said, that's just my personal opinion. Everyone is entitled to one without being called a mofo as we're all on the same side here @dino bravo
According to Transfermarkt Walters contract will end 2024. There are matters like this that can affect selection also.

Why would you give minutes to a more risky option, if they also look like wanting to leave in the summer?

Managers want to win by any means. Cedric is the more sure performer who still has somewhat big wages. They don't make choices like someone would in Football Manager.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I would say it was a waste of minutes because Cedric has no future at the club and can't possibly be any better than someone in the youth team who could be getting that minutes. Did you see that awful pass he made almost gifting Sheffield a 1on1? Surely Cedric's minutes should be going to someone like Walters who's been ever present on the bench but never gotten a minute of game time this season.
Cedric may not be at the level we want, but he's a guy with 250 top flight games, and 30+ international caps, who despite his flaws is a lot more predictable for the coaching staff than a talented kid who's never played a minute of senior football. He is next off the rank if we have injuries, and has barely played all season, so needs the minutes. Were Tomi, Zinchenko and Timber fit (or closer to fitness) it would make more sense to have brought walters on.

Thrice

Let’s not rub it in they are a small club a Championship club getting a harsh taste of the limelight. They lost like three straight 5 goal home blowouts, i feel for their fans. Pl you got to be minted to have any chance
Their season was lost before it even started.

This article is good read if you want to know why they are where they are right now

Their owner has run out of money. I mean this is a club that was under a transfer embargo a year ago and needed promotion and Premier League money just to keep the wolves from the door.
Compare that to Luton who just took it as a nice bonus.

Buhry

Established Member

¨¨
Agreed. Fans of big clubs like ours love to belittle small clubs, but it’s nothing like a level playing field and but for accidents of history we could be in their position. Schafenfreude.

I'm not making fun of them lol, I merely posted the extended highlights in case anyone wanted to see them. They just happened to put them up before Arsenal did on youtube.

drippin

You don't think it's funny that a club posts extended highlights after a 0-6 home loss? They had like 4 shots from long range.

I would have never thought a club would do it, so it's pretty natural to laugh at such an unbelievable thing.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
You don't think it's funny that a club posts extended highlights after a 0-6 home loss? They had like 4 shots from long range.

I would have never thought a club would do it, so it's pretty natural to laugh at such an unbelievable thing.
Why laugh? I respect fans of small clubs a lot. We are Arsenal not Manc gloryhunters. We already humiliated them 6-0; being a gracious winner is highly underrated

drippin

Why laugh? I respect fans of small clubs a lot. We are Arsenal not Manc gloryhunters. We already humiliated them 6-0; being a gracious winner is highly underrated
Because it's so mind-boggling that it's automatically funny?

What is the problem with laughing that they post extended highlights of such a dominant home loss that the EPL has rarely seen?

It's not that I laugh at them, I laugh at their social media team's choices. Totally different thing.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Because it's so mind-boggling that it's automatically funny?

What is the problem with laughing that they post extended highlights of such a dominant home loss that the EPL has rarely seen?

It's not that I laugh at them, I laugh at their social media team's choices. Totally different thing.
Ok fair enough. Let’s laugh at sad social media employees with nothing to highlight

El Realista

I'd be selling both zinchencko and jesus next season. And use that money for a prop cf.
I said that before and I agree. Pep did get rid of them for a reason... GJ is ok if he agrees to be an squad option. Like Trossard agreed, but if he thinks he is so good to be started then he needs to be sold. Because I would take anyday GJ over Nelson as sub.

Zinchenko, if the guy can't stay healthy (like Tomi as hard as it hurts me) should be sold. But I agree it would be nice to watch him as CM because that is and always been his real position.

Maybe we have all the answers in our own squad and we just need one or two more options in one LB and CF. But at the moment Havertz is doing what I expect a CF to do. More goals with come for him if he keeps his game up. He is not a super killer or physical beast but he finally is using his technique quality (because he is playing his best position).

El Realista

It's looks very silly to deny that they are leaders. Do you think leaders can totally change how a young squad performs?

A leader is not a magician. They can help the team with they presence and guidance, but you can't seriously say that their leadership was at fault for the injuries and worse performances of younger players in a long season?
There are 3 leaders at the squad and you can see it by the way they command on the pitch. One is Rice, Ødegaard definitely is (he commands when we trigger a pressing or not) and the last and more experience is Jorginho, he definitely took Xhaka role. He is calm but he is always giving instructions and orchestrating our game from deep, which release a lot of pressure from Rice (you can see he is not yet comfortable controlling tempo and progressing the ball).

On the defense Gabriel is the leader.

drippin

There are 3 leaders at the squad and you can see it by the way they command on the pitch. One is Rice, Ødegaard definitely is (he commands when we trigger a pressing or not) and the last and more experience is Jorginho, he definitely took Xhaka role. He is calm but he is always giving instructions and orchestrating our game from deep, which release a lot of pressure from Rice (you can see he is not yet comfortable controlling tempo and progressing the ball).

On the defense Gabriel is the leader.
There are many more leaders in this squad, because Arteta and Edu have targeted players like that. There are varying degrees of leadership, not just either or.

Zinchenko is 100% a leader, he does many things to spur the team up. Jesus a bit less, but both are proven winners who bring that experience to the young team.

Here is one example:

Last edited:

El Realista

There are many more leaders in this squad, because Arteta and Edu have targeted players like that. There are varying degrees of leadership, not just either or.

Zinchenko is 100% a leader, he does many things to spur the team up. Jesus a bit less, but both are proven winners who bring that experience to the young team.

Here is one example:
You are confusing experience with leadership... Zinchenko probably can't lead in his own house.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
According to Transfermarkt Walters contract will end 2024. There are matters like this that can affect selection also.

Why would you give minutes to a more risky option, if they also look like wanting to leave in the summer?

Managers want to win by any means. Cedric is the more sure performer who still has somewhat big wages. They don't make choices like someone would in Football Manager.

Walters is reasonably talented - but we should be extending his contract - perhaps he himself doesn’t want to extend because he’s not happy with his complete lack of minutes? (Genuine question - I have no idea)

Coaches should see the bigger picture. For example: If Arteta only cared about winning in the here and now he wouldn’t have built a young team, he’d have bought proven winners. Giving minutes to kids and ensuring the academy is healthy and vibrant is a good long term strategy and shouldn’t be overlooked in the pursuit of short term success.

And seriously fk Cedric man lol 😂

drippin

Walters is reasonably talented - but we should be extending his contract - perhaps he himself doesn’t want to extend because he’s not happy with his complete lack of minutes? (Genuine question - I have no idea)
We can't know, but Arteta sees the players in training and we don't.

He also has certain principles as we know, so if Walters has been mentally affected by not being instantly trusted, Arteta won't give him minutes.

It's also possible that Walters has not shown any interest in renewing, so he won't get played. It's understandable some talented players want to leave when at a top 3 club in EPL.
Coaches should see the bigger picture. For example: If Arteta only cared about winning in the here and now he wouldn’t have built a young team, he’d have bought proven winners. Giving minutes to kids and ensuring the academy is healthy and vibrant is a good long term strategy and shouldn’t be overlooked in the pursuit of short term success.
Duh. I have already explained why most top managers and the leadership will give minutes to the experienced pro to keep them sharp when challenging, and rest for example White, rather than develop a very inexperienced youth player whose contract ends in the summer.
And seriously fk Cedric man lol 😂
He may be a joke to you and many, but he could not be rid, and he is okay to have extreme backup when you have many injury-prone defenders. He has huge experience.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Duh. I have already explained why most top managers and the leadership will give minutes to the experienced pro to keep them sharp when challenging, and rest for example White, rather than develop a very inexperienced youth player whose contract ends in the summer.

Well yes - of course you did- and my whole post was in response to that? You haven’t actually answered my points, you’ve just restated your own…

And tbh there is no one right answer here anyway. It’s all a balancing act. Young academy kids can be pretty fking handy when you’re in a tight spot though. Just ask Klopp…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom