• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Premier League: Sheffield United 0 - 6 Arsenal | Monday 4th March | KO: 20:00 | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

0_sheffield-united-vs-arsenalPNG.png

Screenshot-20240225-072254.png

Screenshot-20240225-072335.png

Screenshot-20240225-072425.png

Screenshot-20240225-073131.png

Screenshot-20240225-072453.png

Screenshot-20240225-072519.png

Screenshot-20240225-072545.png

lineup-2.png

Prediction

Sheffield 0-5 Arsenal

Sheffield have been on the end of some of the biggest thrashings in the league this season. They have the worst defense I've ever seen. I'm expecting another cricket scoreline.

Let's boost the GD, lads!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Well yes - of course you did- and my whole post was in response to that? You haven’t actually answered my points, you’ve just restated your own…

And tbh there is no one right answer here anyway. It’s all a balancing act. Young academy kids can be pretty fking handy when you’re in a tight spot though. Just ask Klopp…
What didn't I answer to.

Did Klopp have a Cedric in his squad, or a similar player which he didn't play over the youth?

Does his youth player's contracts end in the summer?

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Does his youth player's contracts end in the summer?

You say this like it’s a good thing? Have you considered that Liverpool have no issues in extending the contracts of their youth players thus decreasing the likelihood they lose them on a free precisely because they are more readily integrated into 1st team action?

I don’t know the answers to these questions but if you don’t at least entertain them youre just stubborn.

Ps: the question you didn’t answer is why is Walter’s contract ending so soon?

drippin

You say this like it’s a good thing? Have you considered that Liverpool have no issues in extending the contracts of their youth players thus decreasing the likelihood they lose them on a free precisely because they are more readily integrated into 1st team action?
I ask it because it makes absolutely zero sense to give minutes to Walters, when you have 70k per week experienced professional there you could not get rid off. He was bought as a backup, and he would be used more if there was even bigger injury crisis.

This is how it works at Arsenal. Arsenal doesn't put 70k per week squad players to the youth team to play youth players, until their contracts end, like some clubs like Chelsea might.

That's how it is, no matter if you don't like it. And it makes sense, because it's the more sure way to compete for trophies. Playing very inexperienced Walters is more risky, and that's a 100% fact.
I don’t know the answers to these questions but if you don’t at least entertain them youre just stubborn.

Because he hasn't extended. We can't know the reasons, but I have explained why he might not have been played, or extended.

Another example who has not extended is Cozier-Duberry. His contract ends in the summer. He chose Segoe Jr. over him to play likely because of it, as not many expected it. So you have an example where a player whose contract ends in the summer, and likely wants to go to another team rather than get loaned etc, being not played.

drippin

And do tell me if Klopp had a Cedric type experienced player he totally ignored to play youth?

I'm waiting.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

And do tell me if Klopp had a Cedric type experienced player he totally ignored to play youth?

I'm waiting.

I never said he did? I simply made the point that “young academy players can come in handy”???

drippin

I never said he did? I simply made the point that “young academy players can come in handy”???
It's bad comparison, don't you understand?

He didn't even have the choice to make you suggest here.

He HAD to play youth to rotate.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

It's bad comparison, don't you understand?

He didn't even have the choice to make you suggest here.

He HAD to play youth to rotate.

Did I compare them? I must have missed that. I thought I was making a general point but it’s all gone over your head anyway it seems.

In any case you’ve got your back up like you usually do whenever you spend a bit of time here and you’re just seeing things in black and white so I’m not going to pursue this anymore.

All I was doing was asking questions and making observations, I wasn’t making any judgements about whether something was better or worse than something else.

You’ve somehow managed to tie yourself in contradictions though but ironically I suspect you won’t see it… eg if Mikel only cared about winning right here right now why did he bother building a young team? If Arsenal was the type of club to give appearances to someone just because they’re on 70k a week then why did they chase out underperforming players on multiples of that salary? Since when is salary a bigger reason to play someone than performance or ability?? And finally what you haven’t answered is why Liverpool don’t seem to have problems with their kids contracts coming to an end. And on the subject of Klopp, I never said that he wasn’t currently forced to play his kids. But at the same time he has given his kids more minutes when he wasn’t forced to and there were more senior options available, and that, in my opinion is (a) why their kids aren’t looking for an exit and (b) why he was able to call on them with massive success when he was left with no option.

Would we be able to do the same?

Oh and the biggest irony of all: if Arsenal are the type of club to favour steady if unspectacular experienced pro over youth, then why on earth did we hand the keys to the castle to a guy with a literally empty managerial CV?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Now that @Riou has changed his avi, he'll be back again :popcorn:

Was a good avi you gave me, tbh.

Took the piss out of me a little, but absolutely took the piss out of Tottenham Football Club...win-win in my book!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom