• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Barcelona

Man of the Match:

• Robin van Persie

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 41 73.2%
  • Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Andrei Arshavin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MAK 14

Established Member
Re: WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!! (MATCH RATINGS)

Wojciech Szczęsny: 13th Feb 2010 - Brentford v Wycombe (League 1), 16th Feb 2011 - Arsenal v Barcelona (UEFA Champions League)

Just shows how far he's come, he was absolute class tonight. Along with Koscielny and Wilshere.

Gonner_88

Established Member

Chesney - 8

Eboue - 7

Kos - 9

Djourou - 7.5

Clichy - 7.5

Song - 7

Wilshere - 10

Fabregas - 7.5

Nasri - 7.5

Walcott - 6.5/7

Van Persie - 8.5

Subs:

Arshavin - 8

Bendtner - 7

Tem effort: 10/10

WE ARE THE ARSENAL!!!!

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
jerome2158 said:
On a sidenote, szczesny was immense tonight also
I loved the way he took a sip from his water bottle towards the end when we needed to calm the team down a bit. Barca wanted a quick goalkick but he took his time. He looked straight at Pedro too, who went mental.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Absolutely amazing performance. To be able to come from behind and deliver this response against the best in the world is absolutely brilliant.

Special mention to Wenger, who made an immediate substitution when Barca were looking to defend their lead

Szczesny - 8 Great in all areas

Eboue - 6 Solid, one or two shaky moments
Djourou - 7 Wonderful performance
Koscielny - 8 Best defender on the night, he has learned to get out of the box
Clichy - 7 Solid

Song - 6 Contained Messi well, lucky not to get sent off
Wilshere - 10 Best performance Ive seen from him
Cesc - 7 Good performance, perhaps not his best

Nasri - 7 Good comeback, and assist
Van Persie - 8 Great goals and attacking mindset
Walcott - 6 Relatively quiet

Subs:

Arshavin - 7 Back in form
Bendtner - 6 Nice cameo

Jack Wilshere == the future.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Klaus Daimler said:
jerome2158 said:
I loved the way he took a sip from his water bottle towards the end when we needed to calm the team down a bit. Barca wanted a quick goalkick but he took his time. He looked straight at Pedro too, who went mental.

I saw that and immediatley thought he was Jens Lehman. The guy is just brilliant.

Dennis10

Klaus Daimler said:
jerome2158 said:

During a substitution I think. Nevertheless, he's a guy who likes to drink water.

Congrats everyone. Wilshere very close to a 10 in my book. When you think you can't expect more from the lad, he just raises the bar towards the sky. Absolutely amazing.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member

Jesus Christ. Jack Wilshere. Everyone does realise that he just dominated the best midfield in the world, right? F*cking incredible.

Koscielny can take a bow as well. Rock solid. Absolute monster today.

What a night.

Szczesny - 8

Eboue - 6
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 9
Clichy - 7.5

Song - 7
Jack - 9.5
Cesc - 8

Theo - 7
van Persie - 8
Nasri - 7.5

Shava - 8
Bendtner - 7

taylor314gh

SA Gunner said:
Absolutely amazing performance. To be able to come from behind and deliver this response against the best in the world is absolutely brilliant.

Jack and Szczczcz- the future.

Kain

Established Member
Wilshere MOTM, closely followed by Kos who really has made me eat my words over him these last few months alongside Mango, when a games played on the deck he is top draw.

Dennis10

progman07 said:
Walcott was also great in the first half, he scared the sh1t out of barca at our counter-attacks.

He started the match like he was gonna torture them, but he was one of several players who lost a little belief when he whitnessed how easily Messi and Villa created the opener. After that he had to chase to ball for an eternity. Can't blame him for getting tired.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Everyone except Eboue and Song gets a f**ng 10.

And it gets better. No Pique on second leg. We can do this...

My voice is still sore. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

CandysRoom

Established Member
Kain said:
Wilshere MOTM, closely followed by Kos who really has made me eat my words over him these last few months alongside Mango, when a games played on the deck he is top draw.
This mirrors my sentiments exactly! Everyone played immensely, even Eboue, although i cringed every time he got the ball.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Wilshere - 9,5
Koscielny - 9

Apart from Eboue the rest were all good, but Wenger will have to sort out Clichy's flank before the next tie. The space there was alarming.

None of the Barcelona midfielders could have performed like Wilshere if they were in our colours. None. **** Keane against Juve and **** Gerrard against Milan, because this was a performance worthy of a football god.

DOUBLE-YOU

i can't believe how well Jack played. He outshone Cecs big time. no matter how many players were around him, he kept the ball. unbelievable performance. Also give a shout to Theo, he looked lively, worked hard defensively and used the ball well.
Kos probably had his best game for arsenal.

have to admit though, Barca are one hell of a team and their movement (especially Alves) was insane. The fact that we won is going to help our confidence no end. This will give us belief.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Finally calmed down abit to do the ratings

Szczesny 9
Eboue 8
Djourou 8
Koscienly 9.5
Clichy 8.5
Song 8.5
Cesc 8
Wilshere 10
Nasri 9
RVP 8
Walcott 8.5

Arshavin 8
Bendtner 7

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict

Wilshere - 9,5
Koscielny - 9

Apart from Eboue the rest were all good, but Wenger will have to sort out Clichy's flank before the next tie. The space there was alarming.

None of the Barcelona midfielders could have performed like Wilshere if they were in our colours. None. **** Keane against Juve and **** Gerrard against Milan, because this was a performance worthy of a football god.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Massive props to Koscielny I thought, his rise to fame has been nothing short of astonishing. But MOTM goes to Jack Wilshere who properly introduced himself to the footballing world.

Balotelli winning the golden boy, you're having a ****ing laugh

Armor for Sleep

Established Member

taylor314gh said:
SA Gunner said:

Jack and Szczczcz- the future.

How amazing is it that this season a 19 year old and a 20 year old have emerged as first team players with brilliant attitudes and personalities. Both are there on merit too - world class young talents that any side in the world would love to have in their squads.

russkiegooner

Chesnay - 9, brilliant saves and when they missed the goal, it was because he was forcing them to.

Eboue 5 - just because we won. Bad overall.
Djourou 7 - pretty good, but lost several balls that could have been costly
Koscielny 9 - can hardly do better when you play against a forward line Villa/Messi/Rodrigues
Clichy 8 - good game, cost us a goal but made up for it by the assist
Song 6 - battered but not broken
Cesc 6 - average
Jack 9 - amazing lil' Jack. MOTM.
Nasri 7 - looked jaded but excellent awareness for the second goal.
Rvp 8 - did not look like his day but kept trying and got what was deserved.
Theo 7 - very good in the first half, faded somewhat in the second

Subs
Arshavin 8 - was average, but did cold-bloodedly his job when needed... even if his idiocy in the end could have cost us.
Nick 6 - did ok

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom