• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Sp**s

Man of the Match?

• Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Andrei Arshavin

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 4
Eboue 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 8
Gibbs 8
Denilson 7
Wilshere 8
Rosicky 6
Nasri 8
Lansbury 7
Vela 4

Shava 7
Chamakh 6

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Delighted for Lansbury as well, getting a goal and playing well enough too. He was really enjoying himself out there.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐
qs said:
Fabianski 4
Eboue 7
Djourou 7
Koscielny 8
Gibbs 8
Denilson 7
Wilshere 8
Rosicky 6
Nasri 8
Lansbury 7
Vela 4

Shava 7
Chamakh 6

I'd knock Djorou down to a 6 and Cham up to a 7 but I'd agree the rest. Disappointed with Vela I must say. Kos was MOTM for me but was tight, Wilshere was also very very good.

Really glad we took this one seriously.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Fabianski 4
Gibbs 8
Koscielny 8
Djourou 5
Eboue 6
Denilson 8
Wilshere 9
Nasri 9
Lansbury 7
Vela 6
Rosicky 7

Shava 8
Chamakh 7

Nasri gets MOTM from me; he was disappointing in the first 45 but outstanding for the rest, and he showed balls of steel to put away the two penalties. Jack was outstanding also.

Proof

Established Member
Fabinaski - 5

Eboue - 6
Djourou - 7
Koscielny - 8 MOTM
Gibbs - 8

Lansbury - 7
Denilson - 6
Wilshere - 8

Rosicky - 7
Vela - 5
Nasri - 7

Subs:
Chamakh - 7
Arshavin - 6

Forget about Mertesacker, Subotic, Chiellini etc. We've got Laurent ****ing Koscielny!

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Bossa said:
Fabianski 5
Eboue 6
Djourou 5
Koscielny 9
Gibbs 8
Denilson 7
Wilshere 9
Rosicky 6
Nasri 7
Lansbury 6
Vela 5

Shava 7
Chamakh 7

Arshie was an eight in my opinion, the rest are spot-on.

I am salivating at the thought of Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen and Gibbs starting at the back.

Bossa

Established Member
TheLoneFalcon said:
Bossa said:
Fabianski 5
Eboue 6
Djourou 5
Koscielny 9
Gibbs 8
Denilson 7
Wilshere 9
Rosicky 6
Nasri 7
Lansbury 6
Vela 5

Shava 7
Chamakh 7

Arshie was an eight in my opinion, the rest are spot-on.

I am salivating at the thought of Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen and Gibbs starting at the back.

I would have given him an eight if he didnt gave away so many unnecesary balls in the beginning.

TheEconomist

Established Member
its a very tough one, im going to jack though, amazing performance and workrate, and hes played 3 games or so in just over a week?

Rorz

Established Member
Fabianski - 5 - Hardly had a save to make all match, yet should have done better when called upon.

Eboue - 6 - Solid throughout, and good going forward too.

Djourou - 5 - A couple of shaky moments, let's hope it's just him getting back into the swing of things.

Koscielny - 8 - Great, again. Tower in the air and some super tackles.

Gibbs - 8 - Fantastic. Defended well and contributed properly to the attack.

Lansbury - 7 - Was very assured on the ball, did well for his goal.

Wilshere - 9 - My MOTM, controlled much of our play and some of his passing was sublime.

Denilson - 7 - Solid, passed well and was always where he needed to be.

Rosicky - 6 - Nothing special tonight I thought, but did his job.

Vela - 6 - Disappointed that he was mostly ineffectual, I don't think he's suited to the CF role.

Nasri - 8 - Great all night I thought, if unspectacular. Great coolness for the penalties.

Subs:

Chamakh - 7 - Played the CF role properly, held the ball up well.

Arshavin - 7 - Great finish for his goal.

Clichy - 7 - Fine when he came on, but wasn't really tested.

Shue

Established Member
How exactly does Djourou get a 5 in a 4-1 away win, when he wasn't remotely at fault for their offside goal?

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Not going to rate everyone, but Jack was superb. Great game from Koscielny too - very impressive. Disappointed in Vela, though.
Shava was fantastic when he came on. Such a dangerous and incisive player. Great finish with his weaker foot.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
re: Djourou - He was badly beaten a couple of times (and very easily), and he wasn't particularly comfortable with long balls over the top... though it would have helped if Eboue didn't keep going AWOL.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Voted for Jack, great performance, at the heart of everything all night, Kos was great, another Wenger gem, Gibbs was excellent, Djourou was better than I expected, Denilson was class too... Happy days!

gstew

Fabianski 5 Should have saved a not-too-difficult shot from Keane.

Eboue 8 Was excellent both attacking and defending.
Djourou 6.5 Good and bad.
Koscielny 9 MOTM.....Best game at Arsenal.
Gibbs 7.5 Excellent except for two major incidents. Even though Keane was offside, Gibbs made it harder for the linesman to see it by not moving with the rest of the line. Also, he let Lennon in behind him and Lennon should have scored.

Denilson 7.5 Very good.
Wilshere 9 Was outstanding. Kept running for 120+ minutes.
Rosicky 6 Our worst performer.
Nasri 7.5 Very poor first half followed by a good rest of game.
Lansbury 7 Played pretty well with excellent anticipation for goal.
Vela 6 Could have done better.

Shava 8
Chamakh 7
Clichy 8

Overall I was very impressed by our performance. Excellent passing and movement. We dominated the entire game and if not for a poor linesman we would have won 2-0. He mistakenly flagged Gibbs off when he was going to score and he mistakenly called Keane on when the grass lines showed that not to be the case. That being said, it is a very difficult job and it is impossible to get them all right.

Probert called the best game that I have ever watched from a referee. He consistently played on for both sides when there were 50-50 fouls. He used his cards wisely. He didn't fall for any Eboue dives. He was in complete control. I was thoroughly impressed. He deserves all the big games.

Humble Rex

Established Member
Shue said:
How exactly does Djourou get a 5 in a 4-1 away win, when he wasn't remotely at fault for their offside goal?

He let Bentley and Pavlyuchenko turn to their favored foot on several occasions, his ball control was quite poor, and he looked slower on the turn than Sol Campbell last season. Other than that he was brilliant...

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom