• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs Sp**s

Man of the Match?

• Laurent Koscielny

Votes: 39 43.8%
  • Jack Wilshere

Votes: 37 41.6%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Andrei Arshavin

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Probert failed to give us a penalty for a push in the back on Lansbury (right after giving Sp**s a free for the exact same thing), ruled Gibbs offside and ruled Keane on... though the lino could be blamed for those. Still, not exactly immaculate...

Rorz

Established Member
Shue said:
How exactly does Djourou get a 5 in a 4-1 away win, when he wasn't remotely at fault for their offside goal?

Well if you put it that way, he doesn't deserve a 5. But on the whole tonight I wasn't very impressed with him. He commited himself to challenges too early and was caught out of position a fair few times. I'm probably being over critical, but whatever.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Fabianski.........5....little to do and still makes a mistake.

Eboue.......6
Djourou..........5
Koscielny........9....MOTM.....near flawless. The block on Lennon was crucial. Looked a league above Djourou in every aspect.
Gibbs........8......quality.

Denilson........8.....extra few pounds seem to be helping him.
Wilshere.......9......immense like Kos. Dominated the game and created goals.
Lansbury.......7.....good game.
Rosicky........7
Nasri..........7....kept his nerve.

Vela..........5

Arshavin........7.5....excellent cameo.
Chamakh........6
Clichy........6

Shue

Established Member
Harsh on Djourou imo. I thought he did fairly well considering the amount of football he's played in the last year and a bit.

3Z

Wilshere is amazing. So good for 18... Better than Fabregas at the same age? Cant be dropped at the moment.

Every one gets 10 bar Fabianski and Vela, who really isnt suited to the main striking role in this side.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Crucial block on Lennon was the tie breaker for me on the matter of picking Jack or Kos...;)

gstew

Pepe LeFrits said:
Probert failed to give us a penalty for a push in the back on Lansbury (right after giving Sp**s a free for the exact same thing), ruled Gibbs offside and ruled Keane on... though the lino could be blamed for those. Still, not exactly immaculate...
I have to strongly disagree. I hate cheap penalties and the push on Lansbury was just like so many others that he called "play on". He was absolutely consistent. Lansbury was not fouled enough to deserve the penalty based on how he was calling the game. Actually, I felt that Nasri's penalty just met the criteria and wouldn't have been too upset if he didn't call it.

He has to trust his linesman to make the right calls on offside. How could he be judged on their performance when it is physically impossible for him to see the line of defenders when the ball is played?

If there is such a thing as a perfect game, I think that Probert called one.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 5/10
Should have done better for the goal, but decent enough.

Eboue 6/10
Provided forward energy, but isn't nearly as good as he should be.

Djourou 5/10
Far too easily beaten at times, but seemed like his old self in glimpses.

Koscielny 8/10
Monster of a CB. Interesting to note that his best performances have come in Vermaelen's position, and without him at that.

Gibbs 5/10
Excellent offensive movement, with great timing of his runs when in the opponents half. Twice he was at fault for a failed offside trap, and needs to calm down when the ball is deep.

Lansbury 6/10
Decent performance.

Wilshere 7/10
Brilliant in the first half, but became sloppy as the game progressed.

Denilson 7/10
Very good performance, and one of the key players in helping us dominate the game. Needs to become urgent without it.

Nasri 7/10
Worked hard and helped us control play. Needs to become more incisive and dangerous.

Rosicky 7/10
Good linkup play and helped us dominate.

Vela 6/10
Decent movement, but largely peripheral.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
3Z said:
Wilshere is amazing. So good for 18... Better than Fabregas at the same age? Cant be dropped at the moment.
Well, Cesc at that age scored against Juventus and raped Real Madrid's midfield on Bernabeu. Wilshere is easily the second most impressive eighteen year-old I've seen in an Arsenal shirt though!

outlaw_member

Established Member
Yeah, as good as Wilshere has been, Cesc was on another planet. Remember when he done a 360 swivel against ****ing Zidane in the Bernabeu? The great thing is that Wilshere shares Cesc's cheekiness and isn't afraid to attempt outrageous actions. Cesc was just something else, though.

otfgoon

Established Member
Good point about Denilson fabo, looks much stronger this season and is actually winning his 50/50's now.

ricky1985

Established Member
I've calmed down just enough to not give everyone 10s.

Fabianski - literally nothing to do other than make that save. Such a shame how it's all gone for him, but surely this is it for Lukasz now?

Eboue - 6. Some good moment going forward, but didn't do the returning Djourou any favours by constantly vacating his position.

Djourou - 6. Some moments of class, but was turned far too easily 2 or 3 times. Looks at least a class below his defensive partner - rust or no rust.

Koscielny - 8. Absolutely magnificent. Won every tackle, made countless interceptions, absolutely dominant in the air. I just love him!

Gibbs - 8. Just bloody outstanding.

Lansbury - 7. Very pleased for the kid. Played out of position and had a horrible start to the game, then he made that great run for the goal and never looked back. Showed amazing fitness levels to last the 120 minutes. Will make me so happy if he can find a place for himself in our squad long term.

Denilson - 7. This is the player we all thought we'd get when he first burst onto the scene. He's stronger and quicker and it's made a big difference to his game. When he starts working his little triangles he's an absolute joy to watch.

Jack Wilshere - 8. First half he was unplayable. Palacios and co. Tried to kick him out the game but Jack's made of far too stronger stuff. I love his energy and mobility defensively too. There's more to come from this boy, though, much more - and that's a terrifying prospect. It shouldn't be possible for an 18 year old (!!!) to play this much high intensity football, game after game.

Rosicky - 6. Nice touches and little passes, but no real cutting edge from him. Oozed class at times though.

Nasri - 8. Started really poorly, and looked to be struggling with fatigue. Still managed to find a way to contribute, and although he was still a long way from his best, he showed he has the kind of courage truly GREAT players have, to slot those penalties away. Average players just don't do that. Hopefully there is much more to come from this guy, and ont he evidence of the last two games, when the pressure's really been on he's stood tall, showed great confidence, and then found an extra quality in his game that has made the difference. Great signs.

Vela - 6. Difficult night for him. They were camped in their box and he just couldn't get any space or time. Linked very well with the midfielders at times, though, which was encouraging.

Subs

Clichy - 6. Decent.

Arshavin - 8. Off the charts when he came on.

Chamakh - 7. Bassong didn't know what had hit him when this guy came on. Absolutely love him!

AliBabaBrewer

Sandro looked like the game was too fast for him. He couldn't get involved, so decided the only way he COULD get involved was through physicality which would also endear him to the Sp**s fans.

Looks like a sh*t.

gstew

BTW, special mention to Bassong who was excellent up until the penalty. I didn't realize how fast he was until today. He and Kos are two of the fastest center backs that I have ever seen.

nazo

Established Member
Fabianski 5
Eboue 7
Djourou 6
Koscielny 9
Gibbs 7

Denilson 7
Wilshere 9
Nasri 8
Lansbury 7
Vela 6

Shava 8
Chamakh 7
Clichy 7

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom