• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs The Sock-Robbers

Man of the match was...

• Sagna

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Fabregas

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Djourou

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Song

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Other (state in thread)

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

yuvken

Established Member
Our assists today were both great and vital (they really made the goals). We should actually count an assist for Fabregas, but oh, well.
Don't have any problem with Fabregas' attitude.

Gael clichy is one of the most perfect options for an Arsenal left back. Many of those who dwell on his short comings do not appreciate his assets and contribution reasonably. He does make judgement hard, as when he's off form (as in returning from a long injury), he leaves a strong impression of somebody not related to the sport. But some people are like that, and when Clichy is at home with himself and the game, He's fast, athletic, quick in reaction, fighting, confident in possession, and a great (and frequently used) fast channel on the left. So yeah, he's not a great contribution in the final third, and he does a Srna once in a while too, just to recall old fears about him. See cashly today? that doesn't mean he's not good.

This one is a bit of a light weight claim, but I got the feeling that Jack's form has much to do with unsettled stuff in the Fab-Jack-Song trio. Cesc today in D, or coming from deep, then sometimes second striker (or close), Song -sometimes you wish he was somewhere else, but it's not clear if he is supposed to. Also all 3 are not in top form, which must effect the trust, chemistry and decisions. In short, this must be a bit of a burden on Jack, which we all saw do world class when cesc was gone. I actually think it's an optimistic point.

There could always be a calamity scenario. This one in particular is a bit of building your home in the ring of fire. But there's a time when a question is answered, and you know you reasonably need to follow the answer. The easy heart does so willingly, but it should not be considered hasty (or plain stupid). Time to say: we've got a keeper. (I would probably not regret this with the inevitable blunder, unless off course it's of flappical proportions).

At some point I will have to make peace with that psycho who actually believed in him, and consequently lost some of the complete trust. But not just yet.

Proof

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 8
Squillaci - 7
Djourou - 9 MOTM
Clichy - 7

Wilshere - 5
Song - 7
Fabregas - 7

Nasri - 8
Chamakh - 6
Arshavin - 6

Subs:
Denilson - 7
Rosicky - 6

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Big fab 8

sagna 8 the beast
Dj 8 class game
squi 7 good game
clichy 7 good game

song 6.5 good 2nd half not good 1st half

wilshere 6.5 good game good move from wenger replace him cuz he take alot of kicks from heitenga

fabre 7 good game nice goal

nasri 7 unlucky you dont score
arsha 6
chamakh 6.5 socking miss open goal but good game

subs

denny 7
rozza 6

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Why isnt Fabianski in the votings :( Thought Song was brilliant though, he was everywhere to clear away crucial balls. I just love it when he does his defensive jobs.

Fabianski - 8
Sagna - 8.5
Squillaci - 7
Djourou - 8
Clichy - 7
Wilshere - 6
Song - 8
Fabregas - 7
Nasri - 8
Chamakh - 7
Arshavin - 6

Subs:
Denilson - 6
Rosicky - 6

Gunner_JT

I thought Squill should have been sent off from the replays shown but i didn't catch it live. Still think he had a very solid game otherwise.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Nasri looked like the most gifted player out there by some margin. He might not have contributed to the scoring but he induced terror and exuded confidence.

hujja

Established Member
Does anyone else think Cesc appears frustrated at his own poor form leading to even poorer form?

flobaba

Nasri- the terror inducer, the confidence exuder. flobaba likes.

Only caught the second half, so I can't make any comments about his performance in the first. That solo run deserved a goal though. I think he's found a consistency and a level he is comfortable playing at now. But he needs to be getting into goal scoring positions more often. I think he's one of the best finishers in the squad, but he doesn't even get into as many dangerous positions as Song.

Clichy looked decent for most part, but had his now customary brainfart.

Cesc I think is beginning to force his game and put himself under too much pressure to be back to his best. He needs to focus on doing the basics right again. If he relaxes a bit, and takes that extra second only he knows how to find before he makes his decisions/actions, I'm sure his game would flow naturally again.

Fabianski is looking confident, and doing a great job of organizing his defenders around him.

Sagna- great strike!

Great all round, hard working, team performance. Love how we took the sting out of the game for quite a bit after we got the second goal, with some good, disciplined possession for a few minutes. That was the most impressive thing about the win to me. Dunno if that's the Denilson factor. But whatever it was, it was good to see.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Im encouraged by the combined defence from our team these days, seeing the likes of Arshavin so far back helping out is very encouraging. Same can be said for Chamakh.

Great performances by Djourou and Fabianski today, the only blemish of course is our conceding but we were able to ride out the Everton storm. Good stuff.

In midfield I was a bit disappointed by Song, leaving such a gap between himself and defence. I think with this sort of mentality, we need to start with Denilson to keep things covered. Far too many times did we see the ball being knocked into that space by Everton.

Onto the ratings..

Fabianski - 7

Clichy - 6
Djourou - 8
Squillaci - 7
Sagna - 7

Wilshere - 5
Song - 6
Fabregas - 6

Nasri - 7
Chamakh - 6
Arshavin - 7

Subs:

Denilson - 7
Rosicky/Eboue - N/A

Gunner_JT

You thought Song was too far from the defence? I saw Song helping out a lot especially in the 2nd half and intervened many dangerous crosses into our box. He was below-par in attack but i couldn't fault his defensive performance.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Gunner_JT said:
You thought Song was too far from the defence? I saw Song helping out a lot especially in the 2nd half and intervened many dangerous crosses into our box. He was below-par in attack but i couldn't fault his defensive performance.

I saw that in the second half, Im thinking after he was made aware of his primary role in the team. There were many times where Everton were able to push the ball over our attack and expose the likes of Djourou and Squillaci.

For me to allow Song to continue this, we need Denilson to be in, instead of Wilshere.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom