• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs West Brom

Man of the Match

• Samir Nasri

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

Captain

Established Member
brady_style said:
The signs of this defeat were there to see in our game against Sunderland.

We have absolutely no legs in our team when it comes to harrying after the ball. Our defenders are ridiculously nice and kind to the opposition and give them all the time in the world to pick out crosses and passes.

At United if you don't put in a minimum amount of work for the team, if you don't run your socks off for the team you are shipped out very very quickly.

This creates a squad ethos where everybody knows what is expected of you when you pull on the shirt.

We have the opposite ethos. We have created a climate where players know that you're allowed to have a bad day. That you're allowed to make absolute howlers of mistake for three years running and nothing will change. Where you're allowed to jog through games not putting your foot in where it hurts because you're young and learning.

This squad will never win the league unless some proper professional players are brought into the squad.

Or unless a complete new ethos is brought to the squad. I've never seen such a work shy Arsenal team in my life. We're an embarrassment.

:lol:

It's not a lack of effort that is stopping us winning trophies.

ricky1985

Established Member
I've been away this weekend, haven't seen any of the goals, what the **** happened? How did we lose to West Brom?

squallkid

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
I've been away this weekend, haven't seen any of the goals, what the **** happened? How did we lose to West Brom?

Almunia saved a penalty in the first half.

Defensive **** ups for their first 3 goals.

Nasri led the fight all on his own and scored 2 goals to pull it back to 3-2

Diaby was ****e

Song pretended he was Zidane

Eboue was ****e which is normal for him

Freagle

ricky1985 said:

Bah, where to start?

1) Almunia caused the pentalty
Saved by Almunia

2) Almunia gets beaten near post yet again and looked like a clueless chicken.

3) Almunia came out for the 3rd goal and hesitated, tried to go back as he didn't want to get sent off. Was too late and Bwengy dude crossed it and Thomas scored.

4) Defense was non-existent.

5) Diaby actually defended more than Alex Zidane.

6) Most attempts on goal was from Sagna.

7) Nasri was the only one playing with heart and desire.

8) Arshavin took ages to get into the match as usual.

9) Chamakh didn't get any support or chances, ended up strangling a poor bastard.

10) Arsène chose to opt with an unfit Diaby rather than Denilson.

11) Midfield was a disaster.

12) West Brom controlled the match.

13) West Brom closed in on our players like never before.

14) West Brom for the majority of the match looked like the team who would score.

15) At one time the result was 3-0 to West Bromich.

16) Fans booing Diaby for poor performance as I heard and Almunia.

I hope I didn't miss anything out..

Humble Rex

Established Member
Seems pretty accurate.

Very disappointed in the fans booing Diaby and cheering when Al caught a ball. Not their fault the are/were selected. If those imbecils had balls they would boo Wenger instead.

I´m in no way suggesting that they should, since I think booing is both stupid and counterproductive. However, if some people really feel they must, then they should at least direct it at the right person.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
ricky1985 said:

We deserved to lose that.
This game was a mess from the very first minute until the last.

ricky1985

Established Member
Thanks guys, sounds ugly. Sod it, I'm gonna brave it and watch the game, see for myself how bad they were.

ricky1985

Established Member
Just watched it. Not quite as bad as I thought it was gonna be, but, obviously, not good. Ratings;

Almunia - 3. The mistake for the penalty can happen, he was a little rash, but it's a split-second decision and he got it wrong. He saved the penalty to make up for it. The second goal was truly awful, and he completely went to pieces after that. He can not play in the upcoming games - we know how he reacts to these situations and it's not good. Where on earth that leaves us is a big question for another thread.

Sagna - 5. Big mistake for their first goal - so unlike Backary to get caught square-on like that - in fact it's unlike Backary to get beat full stop. Thomas didn't "destroy" him as I've read on here. He beat him once, the rest of the time Sagna dealt with him well. Wasn't as good going forward as he has been in recent weeks though, which I found disappointing.

Squillaci - 6. A few shaky moments and careless passes, and I don't think he covered himself in glory for their third goal either - very slow to turn and close Thomas down.

Koscielny - 4. You've got to be bang on it to play the way Koscielny does. Maximum concentration and quick and agile. Laurent looked a yard short yesterday and a little tired. Even then it wasn't the horror show it was billed as.

Clichy - 4. Lost a big tackle in the build-up to their third goal, and was his usual shaky, sloppy self defensively. Offered nothing to our attack, barely overlapped, content to just sit and watch - maybe lacking confidence?

Song - 6. Sleepwalked through the first half, and was better in the second. At least he ran his heart out towards the end of the game. I just fear that he doesn't have the intelligence to handle his new found freedom.

Diaby - 3. A passenger as he's FAR too often all too happy to be.

Nasri - 8. Very quiet first half, but we have to remember Samir is not Cesc - he needs the service from the midfield, early passes to get him into good positions, he's not going to dictate the game in the same way Cesc does. When he got the ball in the final third late on he was devastating. Absolutely brilliant first goal.

Eboue - 3. Similar to Koscielny, I felt he had Tuesday night still in his legs, but he's a poor right winger ordinarily anyway. One great cross aside, he was appalling.

Arshavin - 6. Thought he was decent in the first half, some great little crosses and set-piece deliveries. Went missing second half until late on, but to be fair, and as previously mentioned, the service from the midfield was atrocious.

Chamakh - 5. Had very, very little to work with.

Subs

Rosicky - 5. Did literally nothing right when he came on.

Wilshere - 6. Got the ball forward early and accurately, but wasn't brilliant.

Vela - 3. Looked lost out there. Not sure what exactly was wrong with him, but he looked frightened of the ball.

I've always believed that the tempo we play at, and the intensity we play with, are the two most important factors that determine how well we play. Song and Diaby playing as our central midfielders made things difficult (how can a passing team have two poor passers of the ball playing in such a pivotal position?), but the fact that they both sleepwalked through the game, along with the rest of the team, was an even bigger problem. Gutting game for all of us to try to accept, but they can make it right at Chelsea next week, and I believe they can and will.

Anzac

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6402477,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football365.com/story/0,1703 ... 77,00.html</a>

"After the first five minutes it was all flat," said Wenger.

"It is unusual for us. We are a team who has energy. It was not there.

"What is most frustrating was there was no electricity. We had lost the generator. And then it becomes difficult to play football. "

If he knew that something was lacking after 5 minutes then WTF did he do to address the issue other than wait until half time?

AshburtonGhost

What can he do though? They looked even more listless AFTER half time where he surely would've told them to perk up and show a bit more.

mo50

Established Member
Freagle said:
ricky1985 said:

9) Chamakh didn't get any support or chances, ended up strangling a poor bastard.

:lol:
That was a funny moment. I don't know what he was thinking.

mo50

Established Member
-Shaun- said:
I was surprisingly more annoyed last Saturday when we conceded that last minute goal than to lose to West Brom :lol:

Yup, I felt the same too. That last minute goal was an infuriating moment. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when West Brom went 3 up.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Anzac said:
http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8689_6402477,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"After the first five minutes it was all flat," said Wenger.

"It is unusual for us. We are a team who has energy. It was not there.

"What is most frustrating was there was no electricity. We had lost the generator. And then it becomes difficult to play football. "

If he knew that something was lacking after 5 minutes then WTF did he do to address the issue other than wait until half time?

If I were in his place, I'd have quit game and restarted it with different players and a different team-talk. Shocked that an experienced manager like Wenger didn't do the same.

Biggus

Established Member
Aren't you more shocked that after 5 years of "rebuilding" we still look like a bunch of clueless clowns?

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Biggus said:
Aren't you more shocked that after 5 years of "rebuilding" we still look like a bunch of clueless clowns?

I am shocked with how bad we were yesterday. Five years of rebuilding has nothing to do with it. Even if it were after two years of rebuilding or before the rebuilding, it'd still be disappointing.

We just under-estimated them and woke up only after we'd shipped two goals in due to poor defending. Actually, I feel that the penalty going in and West Brom taking the lead in the first half could have been a blessing in disguise.

Just because we were level, our players didn't realize how bad they were until the lightening struck.

Bossa

Established Member
Its monday morning and I still cannot believe that we got outplayed and that we lost to WBA at home....

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Anzac said:

Arsène has never had any ruthlessness in these situations. When three midfield players has shockers leniency is ****, and seeing an unchanged team after halftime must have encouraged West Brom as much as it depressed me.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom