• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs West Brom

Man of the Match

• Samir Nasri

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
There was a crazy journalist in our TV who was claiming that our performance was so shocking and our defence was letting WBA players running around our defence, that there is a possibility that this match was fixed, so betting companies win loads of cash.

He was using footage of some South American games and few other games (proved to be fixed) and was trying to make analogies. He was specifically pointing to Al and Clichy.

He must've lost some quids on our game, but he was sounding mad as bull.

You just can't make this stuff up out of thin air, but there just fyi...

:D

Nela

Established Member
Almunia and Clichy as part of some sort of betting scandal? :lol:

I suppose that's one way to explain their determination to concede goals over the past couple of years.

dpt49

Established Member
Nela said:

I suppose that's one way to explain their determination to concede goals over the past couple of years.
If you had a bet on Arsenal, Man u, Liverpool, Chelsea and spuds to all fail to win you would have got about 200/1. In fact, I can't remember the last time it happened.

Although I think that a betting conspiracy is highly unlikely :wink:

Captain

Established Member
:lol:

I would find it so hard to believe that premiership footballers would bother with that sort of thing anymore.

squallkid

Established Member
We are not the Pakistan Cricket team guys, No one lost the game on purpose

Some of our players were just **** yesterday

squallkid

Established Member
asajoseph said:
squallkid said:
We are not the Pakistan Cricket team guys, No one lost the game on purpose

The Pakistan Cricket team didn't do that either, not that it's relevant to much.

Isn't there a big scandal going on now about match fixing and some members of the Pakistan cricket team?

It's not pertinent to us but since Nela did bring up the point of match fixing... which none of our players would ever do because **** or not they would never cheat us like that

Nela

Established Member
I didn't bring it up. Albakos did. I just thought it was funny.

I think you're taking it way too seriously. Most of us are just having a bit of a laugh at the idea that Arsenal players are playing poorly because of a betting scandal.

asajoseph

Established Member
I just meant my comment wasn't really relevant to much...

There is a betting scandal in cricket, but it involves bowling no-balls to order, not losing whole matches.

albakos

Administrator

Nela said:
I didn't bring it up. Albakos did. I just thought it was funny.

I think you're taking it way too seriously. Most of us are just having a bit of a laugh at the idea that Arsenal players are playing poorly because of a betting scandal.

In fact I brought it up what a lunatic sports journalist made in our TV.

There are rumours that he is a heavy gambler, so maybe he was venting his frustration ..

:D :D

Of course I would never even think our players are involved in this. Now if we talk about Spuds and their wheeler dealer, it might be a different story.. ;)

Nela

Established Member
Why did you just quote me without a response?

Sorry to ask, but I always wonder why people do that.

squallkid

Established Member
Meh, sorry I went off the deep end there but I don't find anything funny about a joke that our players lose matches on purpose.

mo50

Established Member
:lol:

They'd have to be quoted a massive fee for them to oblige, and I doubt the dodgy bookie/broker would make that much from his "winnings".

albakos

Administrator

Nela said:
Why did you just quote me without a response?

Sorry to ask, but I always wonder why people do that.

Sometimes my PC is like our defense on Saturday.

I would type, two three sentences until my text appears in A-M edit box. I guess I hit the Submit button too quickly

Oh there you go I quoted you once more :)

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Nela said:

Why would someone pay Almunia to concede stupid goals?

qs

Established Member
Freagle said:
16) Fans booing Diaby for poor performance as I heard and Almunia.

I didn't hear any booing of Diaby. Where were you sitting?

I heard Al getting booed alright and Fabianski was booed when the names were read out at the start of the match.

Burnwinter

Established Member
Iloveyouarsenewenger said:
Nela said:

Why would someone pay Almunia to concede stupid goals?

There's no greater expert in the field.

dpt49

Established Member
qs said:
Freagle said:

I heard Al getting booed alright and Fabianski was booed when the names were read out at the start of the match.
I often wonder how much influence, fans booing, has on Wengers decisions.
The only time I can rememberwas when Eboue was taken off a couple of season ago, although I think Wenger had no option and would have taken him off regardless of the booing.

I also wonder if he realises the dismay supporters feel after his decision not to buy a decent GK and stick with Almunia and Fabianski

asajoseph

Established Member
qs said:
Freagle said:

I was East Upper, and it was obvious to me that he was getting booed - not my area that was booing, but sounded like most of it was coming from the Clock End.

A few people picked it up on streams as well.

qs

Established Member
I was in the clock end on the upper tier at the east corner and I didn't hear any booing of Diaby. Are you sure they were booing him? There was alot of other booing going on for time wasting, feigning injuries etc

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom