• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs West Brom

Man of the Match

• Samir Nasri

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • I don't care

Votes: 43 51.2%

• Total voters

asajoseph

Established Member
Absolutely sure - really surprised some of you didn't hear it, to be honest.

It was very clear, when he got substituted - Eboue's substitution was read out first, and then Diaby went and very clearly got booed as he walked off. Not as loudly as Eboue last year, but I thought at the time that he'd definitely have heard it. Maybe not, if some of you guys who were also there didn't.

otfgoon

Established Member
Didn't hear anything either, only noticable reaction was for Jack/Tomas coming on, otherwise it was just general groaning we got through most of the game.

qs

Established Member
I don't even understand why Diaby would get booed. He had a bad game but he was no worse than most of the rest of the team and at least he had the excuse of coming back from injury. Plus he was pretty decent before he got injured this season.

Timleaf

Established Member
I heard a 'reaction' to his substitution. A few boo's, but I'm not convinced it would have translated on to the pitch. I was upper tier too.

progman07

Established Member
The stupidest thing is booing the players because of bad performances. Unless they don't give their all, the manager is the one to blame, he puts the team together afterall. (I'm not saying Wenger should be booed either)

asajoseph

Established Member
I think the perception with Diaby is still that he doesn't always give 100%, and to be honest I was left feeling that way after his performance against WBA, though he obviously wasn't the only one.

Burnwinter

Established Member
I think Diaby reacts to a bad game by getting confused, sluggish and indecisive as opposed to increasingly desperate and irritable.

His lanky build also makes him look lackadaisical when he's not firing. I've always considered him to start on a hiding to nothing when it comes to the perception of his body language.

By contrast small, angry players always look like tyros trying their guts out.

Still was a pretty poor effort against West Brom though, and you lucky lot would've seen that even better from the stands.

TheEconomist

Established Member
i dont want to question diabys commitment, none of us are in a position to, tbh

I would say that while he has some very unique skills, that not many midfielders have today, his power, and pace to turn and run at the defence, its great to watch, and on a good day will dominate and run over any defence

unfortunately, i think he lacks quite a few fundamentals from his game, i dont rate his positional sense, hes not good at covering if song of cesc go forward, he isnt a good tackler, and he isnt too great at tracking back either

So while he has some unique and impressive assets, i think the basics of his game are far too lacking to actually be played in a central position, because the inevitable mistake from him can gift the opposition chances. he should just do the basics properly first

Captain

Established Member
The thing that worries me the most is the possibility that he has been left at home so that he is fit for Chelsea.

TheEconomist

Established Member
asajoseph said:
I just meant my comment wasn't really relevant to much...

There is a betting scandal in cricket, but it involves bowling no-balls to order, not losing whole matches.

there are actually claims that they threw a game against Australia

im sure it doesnt happen in the PL, but i remember a few years ago someone got caught for kicking a ball out for a throw in on purpose ..

Who actually bets on no balls or throw ins anyway? lol

asajoseph

Established Member
Just seen that Eboue had a staggering 53% pass success rate against WBA, and only managed 3 forward passes in 56 minutes of football.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom