• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reading FC Vs Arsenal FC | Mon,Nov12th, 8pm | Madjeski Std

Juicy

Tony Montana said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Sp*rs fan Kitson: Arsenal best team on planet:

www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles ... ge_id=1779

Hahnemann: Arsenal's movement kills you:

I'm sorry but I can clearly see why people think that there is a media wankfest on us. I'm loving it, re-reading articles over and over but sometimes it's OTT. Best team on the planet? I genuinely feel Manure are as good as us and in a way even better (defence for example).
Even though, as Lukazan says, these particular quotes are from the media, I do agree with you Tony Montana. For example, in the Times today, in the match report (written very well by Martin Samuel) went into great depth to describe every Arsenal goal, how they got the ball, the build up, the run up to it and everything, but for Reading's goal he only said:
By the time Reading scored a late goal through Nicky Shorey, their presence had long ceased to matter. All the football belonged to Arsenal, as did the points.
That is definitely a bit unfair on Reading.
Anyway it was a great article, I really like Martin Samuel, I seem to magically agree with everything he says.
Here's the article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 860074.ece

banduan

Established Member
It's the media we're talkign about.

They've got overproductive cojones. Wankfests are what they do as an outlet.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think theres only a few guys in gloryglory trying to be objective. the others are still living in their own world not knowing what have really happened.

now people are lavishing praise on us, its been a few years after the unbeaten season since we had so much praise.

stiiphunn

Established Member
Most of them are praising us. Fair play to them.

Others are saying we won't win it and they make some good points.

Personnaly I think this is way too early to talk about winning the title- but if others want to praise us I don't have any problem with that.

Gooner T

sabret00the said:
we still look very disjointed in a 4-5-1 and were unable to break them down. 4-5-1 should remain a back up plan. A better team would've made us pay for such a spineless formation.

Unable to break them down? 3 goals plus one wrongly dissallowed, plus one hit the post. Not sure about that mate.

Also a better team perhaps like Liverpool or Man United? Oh wait, we did play them with a 4-5-1. How much did they make us pay? About the same amount as we made them pay, wouldnt you say?

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

For some reason I seem to think that United are a little over-rated. They got two goals in a short space of time against a Blackburn side who had till then did well to contain United and were unlucky not to be ahead. Even once United were reduced to ten men, United were never quite able to push on. On thier day they can be brilliant, the problem is they tend to be on thier day quite a bit. Having said that, I still feel that we would beat them if both team played at 100%.

I feel, no actually I KNOW that we will win the league!

Gooner T

Dreath said:
Still don't think we'll win the league. Man Utd just look out of this world.

At this moment I think we are playing better football than them. If they look out of this world then **** know what we look like right now.

BUT, i agree with you that I still think that we'll finish second. Just because of that experience of being in a titla race that we dont have but they do. It will definately be tight, i dont see us falling away before april. I just think next year will be our year. I also believe that once this side wins the title, it will do what our other great sides didnt - retain it. Thats looking a long way into the future, and alot could happen between now and then, but thats just the feeling i get with this team. All the key players will still be in the prime of their careers in 3 years time except Gallas probably.

ricky1985

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
GoonerGurjit said:
Sp*rs fan Kitson: Arsenal best team on planet:

Hahnemann: Arsenal's movement kills you:

I'm sorry but I can clearly see why people think that there is a media wankfest on us. I'm loving it, re-reading articles over and over but sometimes it's OTT. Best team on the planet? I genuinely feel Manure are as good as us and in a way even better (defence for example).

Man U are as effective as us yes, but their football is not as good. We are recieving all these plaudits because of the style of our football. We are playing a 'brand' of football not seen in this country before.
It is Dutch 'total' football, where every player can control a ball, pass a ball, and is athletic enough to move at speed of the ball. But most importantly they are all intelligent and understand how to work openings, increase tempo, and find space. Resulting in complete domination of posession. I think everybody realises we are still very young and are like Wenger said only at 80% of our potential.

Man United play a mix of British and IMO Portugese (Latin) football, when they pass they do so to keep the ball and generally not to open teams up. In the final third they come to life, getting the ball to one of their talented players and they make things happen. Ronaldo will beat a man or two and put a cross in, Rooney will play a clever pass or one-two.
This is how Ferguson has always styled his teams, built around talented forwards who can produce openings. The slight difference this time is they have more latin players, who are more skillful, compared to some of the British players they have had previously (Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Cole etc.).
This is a result of Carlos Quieroz having a huge influence on what happens at Manchester United IMO, I think he may well be the real brains behind Man U's recent success.

Anyway in my opinion, Man U are as effective as us, perhaps currently moreso, but their football is nowhere near the same level as ours.

Captain

Established Member
ManU right now is about as good as they get in my opinion. I still believe that we have another gear and it will be obvious once VanPersie is back and settled in.

ibby

Established Member
Captain said:
ManU right now is about as good as they get in my opinion. I still believe that we have another gear and it will be obvious once VanPersie is back and settled in.

I actually think it is the other way around. Manchester United look like they have another gear which is when Ronaldo starts clicking (which he hasn't yet).

Captain

Established Member
For me the line between Ronaldo 'clicking' and not doing so is too thin; or at the very least, much thinner then the return of a very influential player.

Ronaldo as a player is as likely to have a great season as a poor one in my opinion; it just comes with his style of play. In terms of scoring goals, assisting and generally taking the piss he can vary on a day to day basis.

Dreath

It's correct we play better football, but Man Utd are better at mixing it up than us or from what I've seen.

I won't be surprised, but exctatic, if we win the league, but the clever money is on Utd still. If we are still top by mid january, it'll be our trophy to lose.

tam1886

Established Member
Captain said:
For me the line between Ronaldo 'clicking' and not doing so is too thin; or at the very least, much thinner then the return of a very influential player.

Ronaldo as a player is as likely to have a great season as a poor one in my opinion; it just comes with his style of play. In terms of scoring goals, assisting and generally taking the piss he can vary on a day to day basis.
I think he's still got a lot to offer them when he's having a bad game. I remember the pundits talking about it when he played against us. He didn't have a good game at all, but he still got an assist and also what could have been the winner on another day.

I think in that sense he has more to offer than the likes of Hleb. I love Hleb as a player, and when he's on form he is amazing, but when he's having a bad game I don't see him being able to do what Ronaldo can. The fact that he doesn't score enough is partly the cause but I just don't see that same attribute in him. Man Utd have that with all their players. Every one of them can produce a moment of magic, whereas I don't think we have that to the same extent.

Captain

Established Member
Hleb had a bad game on Monday night.

But that wasn't really my point. You watch Ronaldo and the way he plays and he is just as likely to smash his shot into the stands as he is to score, just as likely to balloon his cross as he is to find a team mate, just as likely to lose to possession as he is to completely bamboozle an opposition player.

tam1886

Established Member
Captain said:
Hleb had a bad game on Monday night.

But that wasn't really my point. You watch Ronaldo and the way he plays and he is just as likely to smash his shot into the stands as he is to score, just as likely to balloon his cross as he is to find a team mate, just as likely to lose to possession as he is to completely bamboozle an opposition player.
Yeah I got your point, but I sort of went off on a tangent in my post. It wasn't actually what I was planning to say when I read your post.

I dont think Hleb had a bad game, he started poor, but he got going and had a decent game in the end.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
hleb and ronaldo are two different players with two different roles. Just as Ronaldo is likely to score a goal while having a bad day...Hleb is likely to give an assist on a bad day. The only problem with an assist is it only becomes an "assist" when the player scores the goal, something that is out of the hleb's control in this case. And with the way we miss goals..

Ronaldo is a go to player cos he can create a goal for himself. He really is not an assist man. I think he is doing very well for them so far..because he is scoring goals even though his influence in the game is not as high.

Going back to the game..i was very happy with getting a comfortable win without pushing ourselves too much or relying strictly on one's individual brilliance. (ManU Style).

ibby

Established Member
Captain said:

Ronaldo - 15 apps (1) Goals 10

Hleb - 15 apps (0) Goals 4

Couldn't dig up the assists as most football sites in college are blocked. But that stat says it all really.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom