• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reading FC Vs Arsenal FC | Mon,Nov12th, 8pm | Madjeski Std

Captain

Established Member
I did actually point out that I wasn't comparing Ronaldo and Hleb and I made my point very clear. :roll:

The point was that the line between Ronaldo clicking and not clicking is much thinner then the line between having VanPersie and not having VanPersie.

ibby

Established Member
Captain said:
I did actually point out that I wasn't comparing Ronaldo and Hleb and I made my point very clear. :roll:

The point was that the line between Ronaldo clicking and not clicking is much thinner then the line between having VanPersie and not having VanPersie.

Which was what I was trying to put forward.

Ronaldo not on form is nearly as effective as Hleb on form.

Ronaldo has 10 goals so far this season & a handful of assists & he isn't even playing well. Hleb on the form of his life isn't nearly as effective as Ronaldo.

Anyway, my main point is, Manchester United are playing well now, better than us to a certain extent, imagine how much better they will be playing with Ronaldo firing?

Gooner T

ibby said:
Captain said:

Ronaldo has 10 goals so far this season & a handful of assists & he isn't even playing well. Hleb on the form of his life isn't nearly as effective as Ronaldo.

Anyway, my main point is, Manchester United are playing well now, better than us to a certain extent, imagine how much better they will be playing with Ronaldo firing?

His assist for Gallas' own goal against us was his only one this season.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

ibby said:
Captain said:

Wha the?!?
Please Explain...

ibby

Established Member
psycho said:
ibby said:
Captain said:

Wha the?!?
Please Explain...

Manchester United are playing better than us now. It isn't rocket science :wink:

His assist for Gallas' own goal against us was his only one this season.

Are you sure? I remember him having a fare few in the champions league?

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Seriously Ibby, do you say this stuff on purpose to get a reaction- or wha?
How on earth are Man U playing better football then us..
Could be argued last season when they were scoring and we were not. Certainly not now..

ibby

Established Member
psycho said:
Could be argued last season when they were scoring and we were not. Certainly not now..

Last 5 league results:

Reading 1-3 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-0 Bolton

Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland

Last 5 league results:

Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Man Utd 4-1 Middlesbrough

Aston Villa 1-4 Man Utd

Man Utd 4-0 Wigan

Even a die hard Arsenal fan won't deny they are in better form than us.

Gooner T

psycho said:
ibby said:
Captain said:

Wha the?!?
Please Explain...

Exactly... we've scored more goals, won more games, haven't lost, are top with a game in hand... but Man Utd are playing better than us?! In the match between the two teams, Man Utd played with ten men behind the ball for large periods, while we made the play. Their first goal came at the end of a half where they were non-existent as an attacking force. We had more shots on goal, more possession, more of the game was played in their half. They went on a run where they beat 4 mediocre teams by 4 goals in a row, and everyone is banging on about it. When we've been beating teams 3,4,5,7 goals this season, its always been "oh wait till they play the stronger teams". We beat Seville, the third best team in Spain, 3-0!

I'm not saying that we will win the title, but credit where credits due, we ARE playing better than any team in Europe at this moment.

ibby

Established Member
Gooner T said:
psycho said:
ibby said:
Captain said:

Wha the?!?
Please Explain...

Exactly... we've scored more goals, won more games, haven't lost, are top with a game in hand... but Man Utd are playing better than us?! In the match between the two teams, Man Utd played with ten men behind the ball for large periods, while we made the play. Their first goal came at the end of a half where they were non-existent as an attacking force. We had more shots on goal, more possession, more of the game was played in their half. They went on a run where they beat 4 mediocre teams by 4 goals in a row, and everyone is banging on about it. When we've been beating teams 3,4,5,7 goals this season, its always been "oh wait till they play the stronger teams". We beat Seville, the third best team in Spain, 3-0!

I'm not saying that we will win the title, but credit where credits due, we ARE playing better than any team in Europe at this moment.

ON FORM they are playing better than us. Look at my previous post & it will back that up. We have drawn 3 out of our last 4 games.

Ofcourse we deserve to be top of the table, we have scored more goals but ON FORM, RIGHT NOW Manchester United are playing the better football.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

ibby said:
psycho said:

Last 5 league results:

Reading 1-3 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-0 Bolton

Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland

Last 5 league results:

Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Aston Villa 1-4 Man Utd

Man Utd 4-0 Wigan

Please... wider goal margins mean **** all.
I saw the Man U v Aston villa match, and Villa were diabolical, and Wigan were a bunch of pussies- and don't get me started on Blackburn!
As for Liverpool, we out played them as far as Im concerend. If anything, Arsenal's goals doesn't do enough to describe what actually took place in those matches, same with Man U.
The fact that we are on top - on goal difference- with a game in hand says a lot.
I worry about you Ibby sometimes. First there was that little love affair with Mourinho, now Man U playing better than Arsenal :lol:

henry79

Gooner T said:
psycho said:
ibby said:
Captain said:

Wha the?!?
Please Explain...

I dont think manu are playing better then us but they do have better fire power upfront they have more players who can do a moment of magic to win them the game.

passing wise there is no team better then us at the moment but we would have even be better if we didnt have eboue playing on the wing and rosicky was on top form.

Gooner T

ibby said:
Are you sure? I remember him having a fare few in the champions league?

I'm talking about assists in the League only. Hleb has also had a fair few assists in the CL

qs

Established Member
ibby said:
Captain said:
For me the line between Ronaldo 'clicking' and not doing so is too thin; or at the very least, much thinner then the return of a very influential player.

Ronaldo as a player is as likely to have a great season as a poor one in my opinion; it just comes with his style of play. In terms of scoring goals, assisting and generally taking the piss he can vary on a day to day basis.

Ronaldo - 15 apps (1) Goals 10

Hleb - 15 apps (0) Goals 4

Couldn't dig up the assists as most football sites in college are blocked. But that stat says it all really.

It really, really doesn't. It doesn't have the assist stats and more importantly it doesn't have the overall performances taken into consideration.

ibby

Established Member
psycho said:
ibby said:
psycho said:

Last 5 league results:

Reading 1-3 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-0 Bolton

Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland

Last 5 league results:

Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Aston Villa 1-4 Man Utd

Man Utd 4-0 Wigan

Please... wider goal margins mean f**k all.
I saw the Man U v Aston villa match, and Villa were diabolical, and Wigan were a bunch of pussies. As for Liverpool, we out played them as far as Im concerend. If anything, Arsenal's goals doesn't do enough to describe what actually took place in those matches, same with Man U.
The fact that we are on top - on goal difference- with a game in hand says a lot.
I worry about you Ibby sometimes. First there was that little love affair with Mourinho, now Man U playing better than Arsenal :lol:

When I say on form I really mean on a timescale of the last 5 games (league games).

In the last 5 league games no-one can deny they have been more impressive.

ibby

Established Member
qs said:
ibby said:
Captain said:
For me the line between Ronaldo 'clicking' and not doing so is too thin; or at the very least, much thinner then the return of a very influential player.

Ronaldo as a player is as likely to have a great season as a poor one in my opinion; it just comes with his style of play. In terms of scoring goals, assisting and generally taking the piss he can vary on a day to day basis.

Ronaldo - 15 apps (1) Goals 10

Hleb - 15 apps (0) Goals 4

Couldn't dig up the assists as most football sites in college are blocked. But that stat says it all really.

It really, really doesn't. It doesn't have the assist stats and more importantly it doesn't have the overall performances taken into consideration.

Which is what I am trying to get to. Ronaldo hasn't been on form & has still ranked up 10 goals. Imagine what will happen when he does hit form, both for him & Manchester United?

qs

Established Member
ibby said:
Which is what I am trying to get to. Ronaldo hasn't been on form & has still ranked up 10 goals. Imagine what will happen when he does hit form, both for him & Manchester United?

It means nothing. "When he does hit form" he has hit form, he's doing what he does. In his last few games he's been the same old Ronaldo. What happens when Rosicky hits form, when Theo hits form, when Ade hits form. Its all nonsense. Just because Ronaldo isn't the top player in the league right now doesn't mean he'll definitely hit those heights.

Only the best of the best can sustain that kind of form over a career. Henry was a player like that, Ronaldo has a long long way to go.

Gooner T

ibby said:
psycho said:

Last 5 league results:

Reading 1-3 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Liverpool 1-1 Arsenal

Arsenal 2-0 Bolton

Arsenal 3-2 Sunderland

Last 5 league results:

Man Utd 2-0 Blackburn

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Aston Villa 1-4 Man Utd

Man Utd 4-0 Wigan

Any knucklehead would look at the quality of the teams played in those 5 games and conclude that we have had tougher fixtures.

Reading away vs Blackburn @ home - we had the harder game.

Liverpool away vs Boro @ home - we had the harder game.

Bolton @ home vs Villa away - they had the harder game.

Sunderland @ home vs Wigan @ home - as easy as each other.

So out of those 5 that you chose, we had the more difficult set. The one that we drew was Liverpool AWAY. You dont get given points over there. We have done all this without our most potent attacking threat (RVP).

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Ronaldo hasn't been in form after scoring ten goals this season? This is really new. Ronaldo also scored a few in Portuguals' Euro qualification games. If that doesn't count as in form, I don't what does.

entropy13

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Ronaldo hasn't been in form after scoring ten goals this season? This is really new. Ronaldo also scored a few in Portuguals' Euro qualification games. If that doesn't count as in form, I don't what does.

Apparently he's yet to score a hat-trick, so that must be being "in form" for him. :roll:

number_0

Established Member
I still think we have a gear more to hit than manu, even if ronaldo hits form, it could be coupled with a drop in from of someone else, you cant have 11 players on form at the same time for a short period of time.
while many of our players are not proforming and we are still winning, we are outplaying teams with half our players as passengers, and til bendtner, eduardo and co adopt, with the likes van persie and rosicky coming back, we are the better team.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom