• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Did he finally play behind the striker or again winger ??!?!?

Our formation was all over the place tbh but he played more on the wing

Overall he just doesn't look a confident guy on the pitch at the moment

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Hhmm, I just want to see him play as an AM eventually. Just like Iwobi, like AMN and probably some more, they've not been used where they fit best.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Our formation was all over the place tbh but he played more on the wing

Overall he just doesn't look a confident guy on the pitch at the moment

Not having a go at you but I don’t really know what people are expecting. He just needs regular football. Saka’s confidence grew every time he got through 90 minutes.

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

Not having a go at you but I don’t really know what people are expecting. He just needs regular football. Saka’s confidence grew every time he got through 90 minutes.

Yeah for sure. He looked too nervous to even be happy he'd scored.

Must be hard when you get so few minutes feeling like you must do something or you'll be on Ben h for another few games

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
What I like about Saka, Nketiah, AMN and now Nelson is that they do the job asked of them by the coach. If asked to keep it tight at the back or to press or to play safe percentage passing, they put their head down and do it. It augurs really well for the future.

Nelson in particular, has behaved so maturely, without any fuss and just did the best he could. Yesterday he pressed for both the goals and finished one. Crisp and no nonsense play.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah too shy and safe for me. He’s clearly got the ability but he doesn’t have the stones he needs to back himself more.

Too afraid of making mistakes when he’s actually pretty good. I expected him to kick on after his impressive loan stint but I’ve been a bit disappointed.

Last edited:

DanDare

Trusted ⭐

He's frightened to the core, the way he was scared to even celebrate, lol

That's why we shouldn't give up on him yet, it's clearly a mental problem for him. Once he feels more comfortable on the pitch he'll instantly be better.

Have to wonder if he'll be able to gain that confidence here though or if a loan would be better

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Think he done great for a 20 year old who ahs ahd very limited time and opportunities. Pressed well, tracked well, was decent on the ball when it came his way. Made some great moves one in [particular when he received the ball quick pass to Pepe and he was on the shoulder of the last defender going in to space and Pepe decided to hang on to the ball instead of putting him through.

His pressure created the first goal and it was again his pressure on Allison that that allowed Laca to get on the ball and provide him with his assist for the goal, good finish and calmly executed. Think he definitely deserves more minutes and chances, showing glimpses of talent along with hard work and being consistently good on the ball.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Think he needs to bulk up, he looks really lean which doesn’t suit his game at all.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Really hope he can kick on. Other than the goal he was pretty much anonymous. He needs to demand the ball more, and demand more from himself. His goal wasn't a surprise to me, he's a fantastic finisher. There's other areas of his game he should look to improve.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah, I think the lack of minutes are definitely a contributing factor. Of the youngsters in and around the first team, he's probably had the least amount of minutes and starts overall - that is definitely playing into his inhibitions for sure.

I don't think I need to point out that there's a lot of room for improvement here. He still needs to be more dominant on the ball for me and demand possession. I think he's being asked to stretch play more when he's playing - he's been making lots of runs in behind and getting offside - but I don't think that's necessarily the best use of his abilities right now. Reiss has always been a player who wants/gets a high volume of touches. Outside of that, he needs to recapture that belief in himself that he can contribute, that he has earned the right to be in that team.

I hope at the very least his endeavour and the fact that he finished (a winner no less - against the champs) has earned him another opportunity for more minutes. But he's got to get more involved.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
These are from the Liverpool match thread.

****ING SHOOT REISS. STIP BEING A *****.

...when Nelson ****ed up the 1-1.

ABOUT ****ING TIME FFS

...when he scored.

Game died when Laca and Nelson came off. They were arguably our best players.

...when he calmed down a bit, and praised his son.

@MutableEarth

You are so emotionally invested in the young players aren't you...like one of those insane parents going crazy during an under 8s match :rofl:

Aevi

Hale End FC
I'm very happy for him, hope this goal kicks him on. It'd be especially helpful given he compliments Auba/Pepe better than they do each other, we've been desperate for someone with more technical ability in the side.

Jae

Would definitely benefit from a loan to another PL team I think. Actually got a lot of faith in him but I think he just needs the minutes more than anything.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
These are from the Liverpool match thread.

...when Nelson ****ed up the 1-1.

...when he scored.

...when he calmed down a bit, and praised his son.

@MutableEarth

You are so emotionally invested in the young players aren't you...like one of those insane parents going crazy during an under 8s match :rofl:
Oh I am invested for sure, not a secret :lol:. I really want them to do well. It's funny because I used to take my brother to his football matches before he stopped playing (he hated football even though he was good at it :lol:) and I was never a shouty guy at his matches!

I never used to be quite this invested until post-RVP, it's kinda coincided with how bad the first team has become - it's the combination of trying something new as well as adding to the ideal of having a squad filled with Hale End talent. It's become more visceral definitely. That said, if we had a first team that I actually liked and they performed well, I would definitely be less.......rabid :lol:.

For Reiss specifically, his level of talent is very high so his lack of confidence is concerning. Hence why I really wanted him to score.

Would definitely benefit from a loan to another PL team I think. Actually got a lot of faith in him but I think he just needs the minutes more than anything.
I think it hinges on whether Arteta gives him minutes for the rest of the games we have left and what Nelson subsequently does with those minutes. If he manages to impress, they'll probably keep him around. That said, I agree - I think a loan so he can get regular football as a starter would be a good idea.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I think Smith Rowe returning might make Nelson available for loan.

Depends on other business obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom