• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

REEVIE1995

Gutted he didnt go out on loan. it just sounds like the right deal didn't come up after the Valencia thing fell through. He should make the bench tomorrow though. The squad is thin enough that he should have more opportunities to get into matchday squads now. He just has to take his chance when he gets its

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
There are many games coming thick and fast. With Willock gone, he can get a few more minutes in the Europa, depending on the opposition. It’s really up to him. If you get in the pitch and make yourself undroppable, the coach will play you. He just has to take his chances boldly whenever he gets them, and make an impact. Desire has to match talent.
I'm gonna sound harsh here but he has to stop being a ***** in matches. He's very talented but plays like a b!tch. And I get it - he's always gonna be more vulnerable to being dropped than the others, but that's all the more reason to actually try and take people on more, shoot more, demand more, generally try to make more of an impact and get out of his head. As much as he needs a run of games, he needs to put down a marker that makes that decision easier. Being timid is just gonna make problems for him.

Multipass

With AMN and Willock going on loan, there’s got to be some minutes for Reiss in the second half of the season. Especially when you look at recent injuries.

He might have to find himself as a fullback cover...

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Lol he’s not gonna play. AMN was closer to the team than he was and he saw sense. Weird move from Reiss should have pushed for a loan.

Saka is saka, Auba is captain, Martinelli is about plus it looks like Arteta is committed to getting something out of Willian.

Then there’s Pepe somewhere in all of that whether people like it or not, who the club ideally puts in the shop window.

Pretty certain Ødegaard will get minutes on the right side too. Prayers for Reiss.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Yeah, Reiss has got Auba, Saka, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Ødegaard, and Martinelli ahead of him.

Agree with @MutableEarth's take above but I don't even think he's gonna get the chance to do that, honestly...

Can't make any sense of not getting a loan for him. Even going to the Championship would've been better.

DasBootist

I hope he stays free of injury and gets selected by the boss. I can see him grabbing his chance when it comes.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Yeah, Reiss has got Auba, Saka, Smith Rowe, Pepe, Ødegaard, and Martinelli ahead of him.

Agree with @MutableEarth's take above but I don't even think he's gonna get the chance to do that, honestly...

Can't make any sense of not getting a loan for him. Even going to the Championship would've been better.

What makes it even worse is that I think Reiss' best position is exactly where ESR has become the next big thing. Then there's Ødegaard.

Just not looking right for him, think it's over - a loan was the last chance to get it right

REEVIE1995

I dont think it's over for him this season. If everyone is fit, we have to leave 5 people out of the matchday squad including a goalie. If you have 4 injuries to outfield players like at the moment then Reiss makes the bench. If he makes the bench, he has a chance of coming on and making an impact. Lots of games to come so Reiss will get opportunities. He needs to take them when they come though.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
He could always reinvent himself as a wing back like most wingers who don’t make the grade end up doing. It would be a lot easier to get in ahead of Bellerin or Soares than it is to dislodge our wide attackers.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Nelson decided not to go on loan, Up to him to make it a good decision. He can take Willys spot , he’s just as neat and tidy in possession and he’s definitely got more pace. This is the guy Nagelsmann said had Messi like talent , up to him carve out a place here.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I hope he stays free of injury and gets selected by the boss. I can see him grabbing his chance when it comes.
I really hope so but I don't know if he's even gonna get that chance mate.

He also, like I said, has to actually grab it. He's been good in most of his games this season - was only the Newcastle game where he was actively unimpressive. That said, he still needs to be far more impactful even with those good outings. Needs to do more to suggest he'll get more starts with the little time he gets. Penny's gotta drop.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's a pity we don't have a formalised agreement with a Championship club. It could have been of mutual benefit if we had. You come to a point where you need to play regularly, and to really learn your trade.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's a pity we don't have a formalised agreement with a Championship club. It could have been of mutual benefit if we had. You come to a point where you need to play regularly, and to really learn your trade.
I agree, although it's been reported that Nelson rejected the chance to go to the Championship - which is where my main disappointment comes from with him. He should have been humble and accepted the loan for the sake of minutes. Now he's gonna have to scrap for minutes some more. Then he has to do something much more substantial with those minutes. ESR was much stronger and more confident as a result of his loan.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I agree, although it's been reported that Nelson rejected the chance to go to the Championship - which is where my main disappointment comes from with him. He should have been humble and accepted the loan for the sake of minutes. Now he's gonna have to scrap for minutes some more. Then he has to do something much more substantial with those minutes. ESR was much stronger and more confident as a result of his loan.
It's a good proving ground, with some seasoned professionals. In addition with the 46 game season, the games come thick and fast. Plenty of opportunities for a young player to develop and improve.

Pyres7

I don't get this club sometimes. We should have sent him on loan. What's the point in keeping him around hoping for minutes in the EL? Might have been different if we were still in the FA Cup but I don't see where he gets playing time, there's too many players in front of him now.

Big Nate

I don't get this club sometimes. We should have sent him on loan. What's the point in keeping him around hoping for minutes in the EL? Might have been different if we were still in the FA Cup but I don't see where he gets playing time, there's too many players in front of him now.
Dont always think its the clubs fault. Dont forget the club wanted him to go on loan in the summer but he said no and since then he hasnt taken the chances he has had.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Did he really not want to go on loan? What is he thinking... At this point, I still think the best course for him is to take a step down to a lower team/league, prove himself with more responsibility and then get a move to a bigger club again after. It's not going to work out for him at Arsenal, hopefully we can get a decent fee.

Pyres7

Dont always think its the clubs fault. Dont forget the club wanted him to go on loan in the summer but he said no and since then he hasnt taken the chances he has had.
It was Nelson's own fault for not going in the summer but that doesn't stop us from sending him out in January, seeing as he's no closer to the first team.

We found PL clubs for AMN and Willock, there's no reason why we couldn't have at least loaned Nelson out to the championship where he could get more consistent playing time and built up confidence.

If he refused to go again there's no helping him. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

You are loved when you’re born, you’re loved when you die, and in between you have to manage

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom