• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

full

Sad that I'm actually glad he's getting this game time :lol:.

Games on Chelsea's website for anyone that wants to see it.
Peak.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Christ those Chelsea commentators are making my ears bleed, Balogun be strong af though, brother can shoot with the left and right too.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Just watched him play against Chelsea. The boy won't make it here as a senior, I fear. He's better off sold.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Nelson scored very good free kick and our most dangerous player as expected
He looked like ****ing Neymar tonight :lol: :lol:

I've missed seeing him play with confidence. This is the kind of **** he should be doing in first team matches. In fairness, he was only bad against Newcastle but still. Just a shame the rest of the team weren't really up to it tonight. Balogun had a bit of a shocker, especially in the 2nd half.

He really should have gone on loan though. This game told us nothing. This is purely about keeping his fitness up IMO. One would hope he will make a sub appearance at some point this season to turn the tide in his favour. I'm not terribly optimistic.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Best player on the pitch and then some. As expected.

Played like he was schooling everyone in a 5 a side game. This is the Reiss I want to see in the first team, playing with this sort of confidence and movement. Chelsea couldn’t get anywhere near him.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He was too good for U23 football about 4 years ago. Seen this sort of stuff before and he hasn't done it when stepping up so no reason to think it will be any different.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It’s a game of opinions, innit? :lol:
More to do with the quality of opponent. Chelsea U23 are good but they're ultimately a PL2 side. It was simply too easy for Nelson. That said, even in his more recent PL2 appearances, he hasn't played with this kind of verve in a while. I just don't think it told us anything. As @field442 pointed out, he's been too good for that level for at least 4 years now.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Should have left in January he will never develop going back and forth between the first team and reserves where he is a flat track bully, I understand having faith in your abilities and wanting to challenge but this is surely not good for his mental state....

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just watched him play against Chelsea. The boy won't make it here as a senior, I fear. He's better off sold.

How you deduced that from his game against Chelski I’ll never know. He looked a ****ing world beater. I mean, the fact you think he won’t make it here is fair enough but based on his last performance.. had I not seen him play before I’d think he was destined for greatness.

Was alot more visible in the latest training video. Maybe the media team has been tipped off that he will be involved this weekend. Looked fresh too. That first touch at 2.58 was pretty decent

Big Nate

It was Nelson's own fault for not going in the summer but that doesn't stop us from sending him out in January, seeing as he's no closer to the first team.

We found PL clubs for AMN and Willock, there's no reason why we couldn't have at least loaned Nelson out to the championship where he could get more consistent playing time and built up confidence.

If he refused to go again there's no helping him. :lol:
Hes needed now after AMN and willock both left anyway.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is it fair to say this is shaping up to be a completely wasted year for Nelson? We hoped he'd break through, could have played at least a bit-part role, could have gone on loan and played regularly, instead he's out of the picture and playing U-23 football. Let's not beat around the bush, it's been a terrible season for his professional development.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

He's completely done out here. Let's be honest, he's got no future, far too many players in his way now. It'd take something extraordinary from him to force his way to even being a backup now, that's how far down the pecking order he is.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He's completely done out here. Let's be honest, he's got no future, far too many players in his way now. It'd take something extraordinary from him to force his way to even being a backup now, that's how far down the pecking order he is.

If you can't even muscle out Willian for a place on the bench these days you know something is seriously wrong. Needs to leave for his sake, I hope his agent isn't focusing on money or status, he just needs to go to a team where he'll play. I worry a few of our Hale End lads are being led astray by the wrong agent.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

If you can't even muscle out Willian for a place on the bench these days you know something is seriously wrong. Needs to leave for his sake, I hope his agent isn't focusing on money or status, he just needs to go to a team where he'll play. I worry a few of our Hale End lads are being led astray by the wrong agent.

He'll have to go to the championship at this rate tbh, I don't see any PL club, unless it's one of the newly promoted ones in the summer, really being that interested especially as a starter, a few might use him as a bench option but I honestly think he'd have to go to a team like Brentford or Bournemouth if they're still in the championship next season.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom