• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I agree, although it's been reported that Nelson rejected the chance to go to the Championship - which is where my main disappointment comes from with him. He should have been humble and accepted the loan for the sake of minutes. Now he's gonna have to scrap for minutes some more. Then he has to do something much more substantial with those minutes. ESR was much stronger and more confident as a result of his loan.
Surely Arteta tells him that he won't be selected at all if he stays snd won't be considered for next season of he doesn't play on loan. Its harsh but that would've concentrated his mind. Allowing him to decide make me think he's not rated and has no future here. I also have a suspicion that he gambled on Pepe not improving.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Surely Arteta tells him that he won't be selected at all if he stays snd won't be considered for next season of he doesn't play on loan. Its harsh but that would've concentrated his mind. Allowing him to decide make me think he's not rated and has no future here. I also have a suspicion that he gambled on Pepe not improving.
The word is that the club haven't written off Nelson yet and don't plan to sell him - it's been said that Arteta does rate him aswell and his comments seem to reflect that. They obviously know he's still immensely talented but the situation is such that they may have to make a decision prematurely. His contract (as well as Willock's) runs out in Summer 2023.

I think the lack of foresight from Nelson will count against him as far as this season is concerned. Anything else is a guess past this point. I don't think it looks great but things change quickly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The word is that the club haven't written off Nelson yet and don't plan to sell him - it's been said that Arteta does rate him aswell and his comments seem to reflect that. They obviously know he's still immensely talented but the situation is such that they may have to make a decision prematurely. His contract (as well as Willock's) runs out in Summer 2023.

I think the lack of foresight from Nelson will count against him as far as this season is concerned. Anything else is a guess past this point. I don't think it looks great but things change quickly.
He has no future here. Saka, Pepe, willian and Ødegaard would play ahead of him on the right. When you have 4 players ahead of you in your favourite position then there is no two ways about it. You have to move

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He has no future here. Saka, Pepe, willian and Ødegaard would play ahead of him on the right. When you have 4 players ahead of you in your favourite position then there is no two ways about it. You have to move
Well, in fairness, his more favoured position is actually LW or #10 and his competition at LW is arguably more fierce with Aubameyang and Martinelli both vying for that spot. Not to mention he isn't even considered an option for #10 which is unfortunate for him.

Whichever way you look at it, there's literally no way in for any of those positions except for the potentially unfortunate circumstance of injuries. I still have hope but I think him moving on is very likely unless something drastic happens.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Well, in fairness, his more favoured position is actually LW or #10 and his competition at LW is arguably more fierce with Aubameyang and Martinelli both vying for that spot. Not to mention he isn't even considered an option for #10 which is unfortunate for him.

Whichever way you look at it, there's literally no way in for any of those positions except for the potentially unfortunate circumstance of injuries. I still have hope but I think him moving on is very likely unless something drastic happens.
In the left Arteta would pick the 4 I mentioned plus martinelli and Auba. So if you have 1 wing place available Arteta would rather play saka, pepe, Willian, martinelli, Auba and arguably Ødegaard. That’6 players

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
In the left Arteta would pick the 4 I mentioned plus martinelli and Auba. So if you have 1 wing place available Arteta would rather play saka, pepe, Willian, martinelli, Auba and arguably Ødegaard. That’6 players
Saka and Pepe are the only wingers we have, that's why I think Nelson can still make it here but it will be a squad role for some time. Willian is finished, Auba and Martinelli are both CF's so if we don't invest, there will be something for him

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Saka and Pepe are the only wingers we have, that's why I think Nelson can still make it here but it will be a squad role for some time. Willian is finished, Auba and Martinelli are both CF's so if we don't invest, there will be something for him
Nah it’s not about who is natural in a position but who would play. If saka and Pepe were not available and we needed someone on the right. Would it be Nelson or Willian. Pretty sure willian would be picked. We have played Auba there in the past. In one off game where only that position is available would he put Auba there or Nelson? Arteta would choose others ahead of him any day of the week. As a young player you have to accept reality if the manager don’t fancy you. Some great players were not fancied at their club when younger and moved. He should do the same

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Arteta would choose others ahead of him any day of the week.
Arteta made some diabolical decisions this season, and mostly he abandoned them. If Arteta does something, that doesn't mean it's the right thing. Having "big names" just for the sake of having them didn't seem to work for us for a long time, but having the right players with specific attributes required for positions they are playing, looks to be working much better for us.

Auba is 10x better player than Nelson at this point, but I'd play Nelson on the wing any day of the week instead of Auba. The bigger question for me is if Willian should play ahead of Nelson as a rotation guy on the wings, but so far he didn't deserve it yet Arteta still plays him. That's wrong and that's why I can't rate Arteta at the moment, bud he did fix his other mistakes so I expect he would do the same with Willian/Nelson

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don’t get that. Are we playing to lose?
Yeah, we did that for a long time, things have changed now. If you think that ESR and Saka could be replaced by Willian or out of position Auba, then there's nothing to talk about here.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Let’s try and convert him to a right back so we can eventually get rid of bellerin. Worth a gamble.

I think Bellerin will be out this summer. Its one position we have to upgrade on and Arteta will know that. Cedric is perfect for rotation on both sides until we get LB cover in the summer. We can still get £20m+ for Bellerin.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta made some diabolical decisions this season, and mostly he abandoned them. If Arteta does something, that doesn't mean it's the right thing. Having "big names" just for the sake of having them didn't seem to work for us for a long time, but having the right players with specific attributes required for positions they are playing, looks to be working much better for us.

Auba is 10x better player than Nelson at this point, but I'd play Nelson on the wing any day of the week instead of Auba. The bigger question for me is if Willian should play ahead of Nelson as a rotation guy on the wings, but so far he didn't deserve it yet Arteta still plays him. That's wrong and that's why I can't rate Arteta at the moment, bud he did fix his other mistakes so I expect he would do the same with Willian/Nelson
Since Auba is more likely to get you goals and contribute to winning. If there is one spot left in the 11 even out of form Auba gets in ahead of Nelson in any position. Nelson has done nothing and has had plenty of chances

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Since Auba is more likely to get you goals and contribute to winning. If there is one spot left in the 11 even out of form Auba gets in ahead of Nelson in any position. Nelson has done nothing and has had plenty of chances
I've been through that already, Auba will score goals at the expense of our attacking game and team results. I'm sure Auba can score goals by playing as a CF and having more creative players in wide areas works great for us, which means guys like Pepe and Saka are crucial for our game, and Nelson should rotate to give them a breather, at least for now.
Some of our best attacking displays have been without Auba playing wide, imagine that

bergholt

Yeah, we did that for a long time, things have changed now. If you think that ESR and Saka could be replaced by Willian or out of position Auba, then there's nothing to talk about here.

You said Auba was 10x better, but you’d play Reiss ahead of him. That’s what my question was about.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

full

Sad that I'm actually glad he's getting this game time :lol:.

Games on Chelsea's website for anyone that wants to see it.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
How we couldn't find loan now he'll stuck playing PL2 even if he look good in them it won't be surprise because he too good for this level.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom