• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes - The Most Important Signing in Arsenal's History

arsenal4life

the most important thing in this signing is
by this this signing Arsenal put himself into the big fishes class
who fight each other on the players of high transfer fee

beaney

brilliant read!

hopefully all too true as well.

you can see it coming together slowly cant you, soon we will be a force to be reckoned with. we are now to an extent, but only on our day, which has been too sporadical of late.

lets hope this changes the way things are.....

thegame24

Established Member
i agree with most but,

"The signing of Jose Antonio Reyes is the most important in our history, because it is the first time Europe’s superpowers will ever have worried about just how powerful a club Arsenal could be. "

im sure teams were already bricking it even before we got reyes, we do have pires and henry (the best player in the world). who do manu have? giggs and to lesser extent scholes. like real said we are better than man u, and now we are even better.

IMO the most important signing was dennis bergkamp, bergkamp changed the way we played and he began changing us from a boring non technical english team to a top flight euro star.

IMO we are that damn good and reyes just makes us that damn better!

lewdikris

Established Member
Even Bergy only signed because he was having a hard time at Inter - and that was under Rioch remember. This is our first top-line, blue-chip player, ever.

thegame24

Established Member
i get what your saying, beacause he rejected madrid right? to join usand cause hes like a new age superstar.

but i dont think its the most important just a very damn good signing.

bergkamp CHANGED arsenal.

reyes will just be part of that arsenal and help make it that much better.

do you see my point?

thegame24

Established Member
but exiled did u never consider arsenal as one of the big boys?

even real said they dont want us in the cl after we beat inter.

we got pires and henry two of the greatest players in the world of football.

why is man u considered when they only have giggs who can change a game. scholes to lesser extent cause he relies on others. and still they are no pires or henry.

a question about the sun article, why does he have a one match "ban"?

Considering his match celebration antics, I reckon he would have come for .50p!!! I'd have been out of there like a flash!! :D

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
What I mean is this puts us with the big boys off the pitch. It's all about perception, and this signing will scare the hell out of a lot of people in football.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Reyes, is a great player and I think will bring the green eyed monster out in other teams, that we have got him.
I think he can not have theno.9 shirt as Jeffers is still with us unless a deal already been made that we not yet heard.
The shirt no.has to be registred asno9 is Francis no. it probaly be 2 or even given 6to wear

lewdikris

Established Member
Up until now we have NEVER been one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Even Barca and Inter - two absolutely massive clubs, with more of a history of success than outs - cannot claim to be as large as Juve, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Real and Man U. The trophies in the cabinet prove that.

Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira all 'stepped down' a level when they joined Arsenal. They were seen as massive unfulfilled talents who couldn't cut it at the highest level.

We all know how deeply they've changed Arsenal, but that change has only come AFTER they've arrived - after a couple of seasons with us in each case.

But Reyes is, along with Rooney and Torres, the most coveted kid in Europe. Any of the big clubs would have paid grotesque amounts for him.

But we got him. That is what's 'new'.

thegame24

Established Member
so liverpool are a big club cause of trophy cabinets? and barca even though they cant get in cl to save their lives and inter? the team we destroyed.

i get your point now though cause teams now know we have cash and can start buying big like they do.

oh yea reyes is better than rooney and torres :D

lewdikris

Established Member
Liverpool, like Ajax are two giants historically, but have got left behind, whilst the other 5 maintain their position. Hell, Man U only re-joined that group after about 95 - so it is open to newcomers, like us!!!

Webdesignlab

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Up until now we have NEVER been one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Even Barca and Inter - two absolutely massive clubs, with more of a history of success than outs - cannot claim to be as large as Juve, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, Real and Man U. The trophies in the cabinet prove that.

Bergkamp, Henry and Vieira all 'stepped down' a level when they joined Arsenal. They were seen as massive unfulfilled talents who couldn't cut it at the highest level.

We all know how deeply they've changed Arsenal, but that change has only come AFTER they've arrived - after a couple of seasons with us in each case.

But Reyes is, along with Rooney and Torres, the most coveted kid in Europe. Any of the big clubs would have paid grotesque amounts for him.

But we got him. That is what's 'new'.

Game24 I have always believed that we could win any team on a certain day, but we have not yet been one of the elite. We have been nearly. I know you are very proud os Arsenal as we all are, but the fact WAS that we were not Galacticos.

With reyes sgning a new era is announced. We may not win the CL or even the PL this year, but there has been a shift in perception of Arsenal to Europes big clubs. After Zidane saying we were the team to fear most in the CL (he said something similar about Jose Reyes who is now with us) plus this new intent shown by signing Reyes, plus our 5-1 killing of Inter and it is easy to see a snowball moving slowly but gaining weight every day.

Vieira and Henry cannot be bought, this is significant, teams like Fulham and Bolton will always be seen as feeder clubs for the bigger teams, we have just moved out of reach. If we WANT to sell we will, if not ... forget it.

Wengerball was born of Bergkamp, but it will be realised with Reyes. It is our biggest signing and our most important for a long time to come.

thegame24

Established Member
i beg to differ, i think this season we will win the cl and i have to say that cause i predicted it in the summer.

so if we win the cl which i think we are even more likely to now.

just remember who said we will

ME

Webdesignlab

Established Member
thegame24 said:
i beg to differ, i think this season we will win the cl and i have to say that cause i predicted it in the summer.

so if we win the cl which i think we are even more likely to now.

just remember who said we will

ME

I didnt say that we will not win it ... I secretly think we WILL, but the result is not the issue, we will still be seen in a different light by the top European clubs.

Adam

Established Member
Love that last statement Webdesign - it was sent from the heavens!

If he can be what Bergkamp was for us then this is a monumental signing.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould
Top Bottom