• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ricky Álvarez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Re: Ricky Alvarez

I think Wenger was planning on making this signing providing that we kept our entire squad together.

I have read from a few Argentinian fans that Alvarez is best used off the bench and has a big impact when doing so. I think that this was an area we were weak at last season and we of had a player like Alvarez to come on and make an impact, there were a lot of games we could of got a result in.

Thing is however, with Clichy and Cesc gone and Nasri uncertainm our concerns have shifted. We now need to ensure we are stocked at left back, though the middle and possibly outwide before we bring in a player that won't be gaurenteed a starting spot.

I think it all happened to quick and plans changed. To be honest, can't say i am to upset at missing out on Alvarez.

viper_001

Established Member

If we get Ryo's work permit and Nasri stays, then there's no reason for this signing to happen at all.

There is light

Tbf i don't think we were eyeing him as a winger at all, more a midfield option from what i've seen of him. Very much agree with what cudarelli has to say regarding the possible role but.. it's over now.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.velezsarsfield.com.ar/futbol/notas/2011/07/05/215203.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.velezsarsfield.com.ar/futbol ... 15203.html</a>

Velez have officially announced that inter have now signed ricky alvarez.

wishful_llama

Glad we didn't waste what money we have on this guy, hopefully we can put it towards getting some more proven top level players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom